Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
What program(s) do you prefer for remote acsses to computers?

A

aj1983

I use VNC. I'd recommend it, buts it's the only one i've tried :smile1:

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Depends.
VNC - One of the best ones I have used.
rAdmin - I'm a bit iffy on it, I've used it for a while though with no issues.
And, if you're looking for something a litle more discreet and trojan-esque/backdoor-ish, Sub7.
Be warned, this is by far one of the most shady (but able to be legitimate) ones out there, although it is free, and gets the job done.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Since they have a demo I think I am going to give it a try.

Role
  1. Private
SSH or SSH-wrapped VNC, X-forwarder, Remote Desktop, or the like.

VNC's good because it plays with everything, but it is very slow with image updates. 90% of the time I use straight SSH anyway, as I tend to do things via the CLI.

I also use certificates and another auth scheme (2-phase) rather than passwords where possible.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
After playing with VNC I realized it is what my old school uses.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
While VNC has it's place, LogMeIn Free is amazing for most people, because you can use it for free anywhere you can get a browser. I like the pro version, because it supports sound and gives stats on PC health without even logging in. The encryption, and authentication that allows me to use it to support my clients safely and securely.

Give it a shot, you'll like it.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I like it but unless you are willing to pay you can't fully controll the computer, I think I like VNC because you have full controll of the computer

thewiseguy7

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
While VNC has it's place, LogMeIn Free is amazing for most people, because you can use it for free anywhere you can get a browser. I like the pro version, because it supports sound and gives stats on PC health without even logging in. The encryption, and authentication that allows me to use it to support my clients safely and securely.

Give it a shot, you'll like it.

Agreed, logmein is the best.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I mostly use ssh. However, VNC is good over a local network (far too slow over a slow internet connection, though). NX/FreeNX are fairly decent in these cases. But yeah, ssh mostly fills my needs, and I also use sshfs for mounting remote machines and Tramp in emacs. I set up key pairs for my machine and the others and so it makes it all pretty painless.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Well I chance my mind about logmein. After haveing a 45 min talk with logmein coustermer service I learned alot about logmein. And all there products have free trails. the guy told me that only 20% of the register clients pay

Ronno

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Private
I use teamveiw, it's free and works very good for me. It can get a bit laggy during some programs like video games and such but i think all remote access programs probably do that.

Good luck finding a program that works for you =D

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I like to use LogMeIn for my windows machines, it gets round firewalls pretty easily. Unlike the way I have set up SSH. But I don't use keys for that. Given that I spend most of my time Remotely loging in from public machines and various things. Just gotta keep changing my password I guess. Rather than lug a private key that isn't so private :p.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
  5. Private
puTTY :) simple, efficient, and most importantly : Open Source

and i'm still int course to set up hamachie + tightVNC to access my windows box trough a remote channel :_)

///. semi offtopic : is'nt there a typo in the topicname?, or is it just me ? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.