• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Reminder for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

journeyman

Contributor
Messages
7
Role
  1. Other
Recently, I heard that the CEO of a major company that hosts a big professional sports events had a diaper scandal, where he was outed as an ABDL. He was a guy who used to hand players a trophy at the major sporting event his company sponsored. This was an important reminder to me that it is important not to let one's life be affected by a fetish. When I was 22 (14 years ago), I left behind the diaper fetish just before I turned pro in a major sport. I knew that I had potential in my sport and I also knew that I couldn't concentrate well enough or succeed in my sport if I kept up the fetish. So a few weeks before I turned pro, I finally summoned the willpower to give up diapers completely. I also knew that if I became well known, that I couldn't afford to have a secret like this, for the very reason that I presented in the first sentence. Even when I was dating women as a 19 to 21 year old, although I had the desire to try "diaper play" with them, I never succumbed to that urge because I knew if I became well known in my sport, that was something that could be used against me later on - I knew how secrets get out and how they can destroy a person's reputation. I nearly became quite successful in the sport and it was the best decision I ever made to leave the diaper fetish behind. I never had the secret hanging over my head and I also never let the fetish into my relationships in any way. Through my own practice of Buddhism and qigong, I was eventually able to overcome the addiction to diapers and I didn't even feel a desire anymore. Not to mention, the psychological freedom of being free of the fetish made me happier, more productive, and more resilient. It was one of the greatest gifts of my life to not be imprisoned or bound by the fetish anymore. I wish anyone who is trying to leave diapers behind good luck. It can be done.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: Andrewgdfw, disabledinconben, Edgewater and 2 others
Hello and welcome to the group.

So reading this story, what exactly are you looking for from ADISC?
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater, chamberpot and 2 others
This seems fishy... fisher than McDonald's Filet o fish.

Also, why take the time to make up bait like this?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, PaddedRita, Edgewater and 1 other person
Magicalgirl101 said:
This seems fishy... fisher than McDonald's Filet o fish.

Also, why take the time to make up bait like this?
i would be inclined to agree seems like clout fishing to talk about quitting diaper fetishism with your literal first post on a website that is home to people who both choose to wear diapers and those who have to
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater, Magicalgirl101 and 1 other person
not sure why my first reply is deleted when i said the same thing everyone else is saying...
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater and Magicalgirl101
chiaochai said:
not sure why my first reply is deleted when i said the same thing everyone else is saying...
probably reported you to cover thier ass but if that's the case that looks even more like clout fishing
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater and Magicalgirl101
chiaochai said:
not sure why my first reply is deleted when i said the same thing everyone else is saying...
Exactly
 
  • Like
Reactions: PaddedRita and Edgewater
As one of those individuals that did not choose to be 24/7, U-IC and as a result wear diapers. My wild guess is; likely a group of individuals that 'rescues' individuals to a better life!

Or, this individual is like stated by more than a couple of individuals is clout fishing, but there are other titles used by those that protect sites like ADISC from them.

Some individuals truly believe that by channeling their abilities to cause change in themselves and in this individuals cause by using Buddhism and qigong, but I am not aware of those disciplines using this style of attacking followers.

For now, commonly, time will allow insight!
 
Edgewater said:
As one of those individuals that did not choose to be 24/7, U-IC and as a result wear diapers. My wild guess is; likely a group of individuals that 'rescues' individuals to a better life!

Or, this individual is like stated by more than a couple of individuals is clout fishing, but there are other titles used by those that protect sites like ADISC from them.

Some individuals truly believe that by channeling their abilities to cause change in themselves and in this individuals cause by using Buddhism and qigong, but I am not aware of those disciplines using this style of attacking followers.

For now, commonly, time will allow insight!

i kinda find it fishy with his story generally mentioning a scandal and not mentioning a precise notion of who they are talking about especially since they literlly joined early today why join adisc with no interest in diapers or need to wear diapers even saying they had past intrest in diapers basically to prase giving up diapers permantly which is also a mocery to those of us who can't for medical reasons
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater and Magicalgirl101
I also find it odd that he had to come back to ADISC and try and tell all of us that we're living our worst lives and should give up this 'addiction'. How dare he, honestly. It's always been my opinion to let people do as they want. Everyone has something. We have diapers, the guy down the street likes weird ***. So what? How does it affect you and why do you feel the need to make us feel bad about it? Not going to argue over this but venting/letting my opinion about this.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and Magicalgirl101
Omg301 said:
I also find it odd that he had to come back to ADISC and try and tell all of us that we're living our worst lives and should give up this 'addiction'. How dare he, honestly. It's always been my opinion to let people do as they want. Everyone has something. We have diapers, the guy down the street likes weird ***. So what? How does it affect you and why do you feel the need to make us feel bad about it? Not going to argue over this but venting/letting my opinion about this.
funny you should say that because one of the main teachings of budda is to accept people as they are and he is saying he is buddist
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater, Magicalgirl101 and Omg301
After reading the comments, I have to apologize for my lack of consideration and my insensitivity, especially toward those who need diapers for medical reasons. My message was primarily directed at those who may me entering some of kind of position with a public profile where a secret like this could destroy their life. I just wanted to share my story of how being free from the fetish led to greater mental freedom and reduced internal shame, as well as a feeling of no longer being imprisoned by a behavior that was hurting my self esteem. It's took a lot of self control to break the habit. It really was an addiction. But I was able to abstain from the fetish/wearing for 13 years after age 22, and it gave me so much freedom and peace of mind. I feel there are others out there who can relate. But I am sorry if I offended or hurt anyone. I know how difficult it can be for those of us who are or who have been addicted to wearing diapers. It was really bad for me from ages 19-21. But from ages 22 and on I experienced so much more mental peace and freedom from being free from the addiction. Through practicing a special form of qigong, I eventually was able to even get rid of the addiction element of the diaper fetish. The qigong eliminated the addictive energy from my body that was compelling me to wear diapers. Both Buddhist meditation and qigong have the potential to help some people uproot addiction from the mind completely (if the appropriate karmic conditions are there); and sometimes, especially if the person observes good morality, the addiction never returns. For about 13 years I didn't even have a moment where I felt compelled or driven to wear and I abstained completely. The desire to wear diapers vanished after a couple years. And it was the most amazing feeling to not be imprisoned anymore - I had been in a prison.

Btw, the CEO of the major company was forced to resign because of it - the scandal ruined his professional life.

To those who doubt the authenticity of my story, I respect your feelings. I know how difficult it is to really understand someone or understand their life unless you know the personally or have walked a mile in their shoes. I think the purpose of my post was just to remind people that the fetish aspect of diapers shouldn't control their life - it can even be a part of us without ruining relationships, etc. which it does for some people. I thought that sharing the story of the CEO might wake others up - especially those who have public positions. It's a shame that he had to lose his job because of it.

When I was in college, at age 21, I shared with my therapist that I had an addiction to wearing diapers. She told me it was harmless and that it could be fun for a relationship. Instinctively, I knew that, while she was well meaning, what she said was not the whole truth - diapers were not completely harmless for me. I knew deep within my heart that I needed to give diapers up at some point for my peace of mind. Like I said, I felt imprisoned by the fetish - like it was controlling me and I had little power to resist this. This was not a healthy feeling. This was an addiction. Addictions can harm our mind, rob us of our power, and make us compelled to engage in behaviors that run contrary to our highest aspirations or potentials. I know how powerful the diaper fetish can be (for those with the addiction), and I know it is a difficult attraction for some people to let go of because the desire runs so deep. Personally, every effort I made toward freeing myself from the addiction was a step in the right direction. It didn't happen overnight. Just abstaining for a week or a month from wearing can be a powerful way to exercise control over the addiction and lessen it's power over us. The problem I found was the overpowering nature of the addiction. It was like I was compelled to wear diapers. Once I was able to change my mind through qigong and meditation and lessen the urge, I was able to get my self control back.
 
Last edited:
Can you give us a link to the shamed CEO story? Thanks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
Subtlerustle said:
Can you give us a link to the shamed CEO story? Thanks.
It's not a news story. I just found out from someone in the subreddit of the major American city where the company is located. Apparently, he hired someone to build an adult baby nursery and some of the workers or contractors outed him. Other companies found out about it, didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore, and they forced him out of the company. Don't want to name names because I don't want to embarrass him further. Thankfully, it hasn't turned into a news story and it appears that the issue has not been publicized too much except among people in that city. It hasn't turned into a news story, which is good. No one should be publicly shamed or outed for this.

The reason the issue came up is because he retired suspiciously, just after bringing in some of the largest profits for the company ever.
 
Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Magicalgirl101
I've read this thread twice today and I don't understand anything.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
journeyman said:
It's not a news story. I just found out from someone in the subreddit of the major American city where the company is located. Apparently, he hired someone to build an adult baby nursery and some of the workers or contractors outed him. Other companies found out about it, didn't want to have anything to do with him anymore, and they forced him out of the company. Don't want to name names because I don't want to embarrass him further. Thankfully, it hasn't turned into a news story and it appears that the issue has not been publicized too much except among people in that city. It hasn't turned into a news story, which is good. No one should be publicly shamed or outed for this.

The reason the issue came up is because he retired suspiciously, just after bringing in some of the largest profits for the company ever.
Bullsh!t, if its on reddit then is most likely NOT TRUE!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater and PaddedRita
journeyman said:
I wish anyone who is trying to leave diapers behind good luck. It can be done.

Diapers will be there for you should you ever need them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Edgewater
journeyman said:
After reading the comments, I have to apologize for my lack of consideration and my insensitivity, especially toward those who need diapers for medical reasons. My message was primarily directed at those who may me entering some of kind of position with a public profile where a secret like this could destroy their life. I just wanted to share my story of how being free from the fetish led to greater mental freedom and reduced internal shame, as well as a feeling of no longer being imprisoned by a behavior that was hurting my self esteem. It's took a lot of self control to break the habit. It really was an addiction. But I was able to abstain from the fetish/wearing for 13 years after age 22, and it gave me so much freedom and peace of mind. I feel there are others out there who can relate. But I am sorry if I offended or hurt anyone. I know how difficult it can be for those of us who are or who have been addicted to wearing diapers. It was really bad for me from ages 19-21. But from ages 22 and on I experienced so much more mental peace and freedom from being free from the addiction. Through practicing a special form of qigong, I eventually was able to even get rid of the addiction element of the diaper fetish. The qigong eliminated the addictive energy from my body that was compelling me to wear diapers. Both Buddhist meditation and qigong have the potential to help some people uproot addiction from the mind completely (if the appropriate karmic conditions are there); and sometimes, especially if the person observes good morality, the addiction never returns. For about 13 years I didn't even have a moment where I felt compelled or driven to wear and I abstained completely. The desire to wear diapers vanished after a couple years. And it was the most amazing feeling to not be imprisoned anymore - I had been in a prison.

Btw, the CEO of the major company was forced to resign because of it - the scandal ruined his professional life.

To those who doubt the authenticity of my story, I respect your feelings. I know how difficult it is to really understand someone or understand their life unless you know the personally or have walked a mile in their shoes. I think the purpose of my post was just to remind people that the fetish aspect of diapers shouldn't control their life - it can even be a part of us without ruining relationships, etc. which it does for some people. I thought that sharing the story of the CEO might wake others up - especially those who have public positions. It's a shame that he had to lose his job because of it.

When I was in college, at age 21, I shared with my therapist that I had an addiction to wearing diapers. She told me it was harmless and that it could be fun for a relationship. Instinctively, I knew that, while she was well meaning, what she said was not the whole truth - diapers were not completely harmless for me. I knew deep within my heart that I needed to give diapers up at some point for my peace of mind. Like I said, I felt imprisoned by the fetish - like it was controlling me and I had little power to resist this. This was not a healthy feeling. This was an addiction. Addictions can harm our mind, rob us of our power, and make us compelled to engage in behaviors that run contrary to our highest aspirations or potentials. I know how powerful the diaper fetish can be (for those with the addiction), and I know it is a difficult attraction for some people to let go of because the desire runs so deep. Personally, every effort I made toward freeing myself from the addiction was a step in the right direction. It didn't happen overnight. Just abstaining for a week or a month from wearing can be a powerful way to exercise control over the addiction and lessen it's power over us. The problem I found was the overpowering nature of the addiction. It was like I was compelled to wear diapers. Once I was able to change my mind through qigong and meditation and lessen the urge, I was able to get my self control back.
Wearing diapers regardless of kink or medical need isnt an addiction.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater and PaddedRita
Magicalgirl101 said:
Bullsh!t, if its on reddit then is most likely NOT TRUE!
I don't know, I've read a lot of true stuff on reddit. It sounded like the guy was being sincere.
 
LupintheWolf said:
funny you should say that because one of the main teachings of budda is to accept people as they are and he is saying he is buddist
You make a good point - one important aspect of Buddhist training is to be accepting and gentle with oneself. However, the primary goal of Buddhism as I understand it is to diminish, and to finally uproot craving, attachment, and negative states of mind. Being kind to oneself is a tool, but it is not the goal or destination.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top