• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Remember your first cardboard box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlejunior1982

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Just wondering if anyone can remember there first cardboard box :confused:

I turned it into a robot & a car hehe

anyone else ?

Last edited:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I totally thought you meant computer.

That would be a Packard Bell 386 running DOS 5.

Uh, I guess a cereal box? or something like that?

EDIT: Way to edit your post and not mention it so my post makes no sense :p.

Last edited:

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I had a fridge box, I made it into a time machine.

I was king of the cul de sac, until it rained and ruined my box.

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oh man, yeah. My first box was a refrigerator box and I think I made it into a fort, it's great how something as simple as a cardboard box can keep kids entertained for hours on end. I miss those days.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Not my first box, per se, but I did pretty much the same thing with all my boxes. :3

I basically turned them into a command center-slash-spy homebase. I cut out a tiny rectangle at eye-level, but only on three sides so I can fold it back and close it. And I drew buttons and lights and screens inside.

It was pretty epic.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have no clue...But they are always fun to play in if you can fit

supercas29

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I remember taking a box with my older brother and decorating it to look like dice. He put me in it and I held the flaps shut and he rolled me around a few times in the living room.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My parents got a new refrigerator when I was 6 years old. I played with another 6 year old, and the old refrigerator box became our space ship. It was a wooden box, like the one on Christmas Story, only bigger. We rode it, sitting on top, and went inside it. We had so much fun.

Role
Diaper Lover
I had a fridge box, I made it into a time machine.

I was king of the cul de sac, until it rained and ruined my box.
Read that as a story, stealage?

I don't really remember playing with boxes, I might have actually played with what was in them more.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Wow its so awesome how many people played with boxes as kids! I never knew so many kids did! I can remember several occasions playing with boxes.

I remember after Christmas one year (maybe I was about 7 or 8 years old), we had like 4 or 5 BIG boxes in our basement from toys that Santa left behind. One box was like from a playhouse (for my sis) one was from lik a race car track, and I forget what the other two were. But anyways I opened up the ends on each side of the boxes and lined them up and made a big long tunnel!!! I had so much fun in it until a kid neighbor came over that I hated cause his parents was friends with mine (he was about 2 years younger than me) and he smashed all the boxes. I was soooo sad!

Then I remember taking this one box I had and I cut a big square out of the middle of one side then sat in it, and it gave me the idea to make it into a car! So I did just that and use like crayons and markers to decorate it, by drawing headlights and a front grill andracing nmber on each side and other things a race car would have. When I showed my good friend he loved it and I helped him make one and we took them and raced (by sliding sitting in the box) down grass hills. It was ssssooooo much fun! I called it Box car racing!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
In my house a cardboard box was occupied by a cat as soon as it was put down on the ground. I have no recolection of playing with cardboard boxes, probably because sitting on a cat doesn't really work and if I kicked the cat out I got shouted out by my Mum. So, if one day I decide to play about with a cardboard box, that one would be my first one, in the context you are talking about. Something to look forward to, eh?

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I never really had any cardboard boxes big enough to do any cool stuff with. If I did, I would've made a spaceship, I always wanted to make a spaceship when I was a kid. I always wished I could find some old electronics stuff lying around. But I never could, so no imaginary spaceship for me :(

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I remember in elementary school we had a project where we had to design something using a box as a base. Now at the time my dad worked at Xerox, so he had access to absolutely huge boxes. I brought in this time machine monstrosity that was about 8x8ft and 6ft tall. There was this kid no one liked in the class, and we would throw him in the box at lunch, then tape the door shut. Surprisingly, he seemed to enjoy it as long as we gave him his lunch.

S

soren456

In my house a cardboard box was occupied by a cat as soon as it was put down on the ground. . . .
Kids are like cats. They love to be enclosed, they love to get into a box and peer out.

I don't recall my first box, but I recall the largest, which was a water-heater box. Friends and I retreated to it, cut windows in it, drew crayon murals inside it, played in and around it for several days until our handyman dismembered it.

We were bereft.

(That box was innocent.)

Role
Diaper Lover
be·reft
Pronunciation:
\-ˈreft\
Function:
adjective
Date:

1 a: deprived or robbed of the possession or use of something —usually used with of<both players are instantly bereft of their poise — A. E. Wier> b: lacking something needed, wanted, or expected —used with of<the book is…completely bereft of an index — Times Literary Supplement>
This thread makes me sad, I wish I had large boxes, and friends. (When I was younger.) Mainly friends in the large boxes of course.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
mwahahaha...Appliance boxes were definitely the best things in life when I was a kid. And, since I didn't have to wait for the folks to get a new refrigerator or range....'cause they had a small Eaton's store (similar to Sears...actually in later years when Eaton's closed their small shops, my parents had Sears, too)....anyway...the appliances for floor display would all come in huge heavy-duty cardboard crates...and after the crates were removed my younger brother and I had full-reign over what those crates became....houses, spaces ships, cars, trains, you name it! There is nothing quite like the imagination of a child.

Oh 'n to the person who mentioned cereal boxes...those aren't quite big enough to have fun with....although if you ever watch an infant/toddler at Xmas, you'll notice they tend to be more interested in the boxes than in the toys which came inside!

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
A fort, for use in the Great Nerf War. Nerf War two is just around the corner I feel, I'll have to see about getting a new box.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Speaking of cereal boxes, I used to take the round oatmeal boxes and use them for drums. Pencils became the drum sticks. Ah, my poor parents. My mom called all the noise I made as a kid, happy sounds. She was cool that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.