Remember Flush-A-Byes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Does anybody remember a product called flush-a-byes? I think it was in the 1960's, and is a disposable diaper without a waterproof liner. Disposal was by tearing it into 4 pieces and running it down the toilet. No paper, plastic, and human waste in the dump. Pampers ended up the winner in the race, but I think if the same level of environmental interest existed then as does now, they may have caught on.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Anyone who thinks that flushing waste down a toilet so it doesn't go to land fill, where do they think it goes? The rivers then the sea?, hows that better for the environment?

Well its a good thing it doesn't get into our waterways and ocean because all the sewerage gets filtered and if it doesn't break down in water, it goes to landfill.

gDiapers sound similar to flush byes, reusable outer diaper, disposable inner pad, but the encourage you to compost the pads.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
All those types of waste just clogged up the works at the sewer plants. That type of material still ended up in the landfill.
That's probably the main reason they never caught on.

AEsahaettr

Diapered Oracle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Pampers ended up the winner in the race, but I think if the same level of environmental interest existed then as does now, they may have caught on.

Possibly. There's a lot of environmental interest now, but people are also aware that flushing stuff other than toilet paper can muck up your plumbing. A lot of people forgo flushable things for fear of having to shell out thousands of dollars to fix their pipes or septic tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who thinks that flushing waste down a toilet so it doesn't go to land fill, where do they think it goes? The rivers then the sea?, hows that better for the environment?

If they biodegrade in a short period of time, their stay in the ocean will be minimal.

EPO1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Yeah, flushing diapers down the toilet will truly save the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.