Votes: 32 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 35 52.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rocket_Man55

Simple and easy question. Do you believe in religion? Why? Why not?

B

Butterfly Mage

I think religion can help structure one's spirituality. But you can believe in deity without necessarily following a particular religion.

I'm a Wiccan, so I tend to incorporate certain structures in the practice of my faith. My ultimate goal, of course, is to commune with deity. A meditation, casting the circle, calling the quarters, performing the magical workings, releasing the quarters, opening the circle are religious structures that help guide the mind and spirit towards communion with deity.

Explosion713

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Nope, if there was any prove of a god, I'd be right on board. Proof is not "Look around you, God created all of this!" Nice try.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
of course I believ in religion, it's all around us. But i dont think thats what you were asking. I dont follow a religion, but I do follow a personal philosophy in life.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Your existence is proof of some cosmic intelligence. If we were nothing more than evolving chemicals, would we understand and appreciate art, music, and literature. Why would we bother. We would just be organisms going through the basics to maintain simple survival. But we are so much more than that. We feel, we love and care for others, or for people we have never met. There have been those who clinically died, and described things that were going on in another room in the hospital. Life is a mystery. Proof of the spirit is all around us. You have to look for it, and be observant.

M

Mako

Definitely not. We already have a bunch of religion topics, but sure one more.

Your existence is proof of some cosmic intelligence.
It is? Mind explaining such a claim?

If we were nothing more than evolving chemicals, would we understand and appreciate art, music, and literature. Why would we bother. We would just be organisms going through the basics to maintain simple survival.
Says who?

But we are so much more than that. We feel, we love and care for others, or for people we have never met.
Empathy?

There have been those who clinically died, and described things that were going on in another room in the hospital.
And there have been those who have clinically died and saw nothing. Of course selectively concentrating on the "miracles" is much more "feel good".

Life is a mystery.
Which part?

Proof of the spirit is all around us. You have to look for it, and be observant.
I don't see it, mind sourcing?

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
, Other, Private
I'm not into religion in the level that Pat Robertson:heiscrazy: and friends are (that would probably be unhealthy?), but can we rationalize everything down to science? I don't think so, and in a way, that would be disappointing.

I just don't get why people (actually, i should say fanatics here) use religion as justification for all sorts of violence, however. "Thou shalt not kill", right?

F

FullMetal

If I believe in God, does that mean I believe in Religion?
No, God is part of most religions. But you do not have to believe in a certain religion to believe in a higher power.

I would write out all my beliefs but not right now. It's 2:38 in the morning...

FullMetal

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I honestly don't know what the question "Do you believe in religion" means. Do I believe in a religion? No, I don't. Do I believe religion serves a purpose? Certainly. Is it possible to compare between them? Not at all.

Last edited:
X

xdeadx

I'm Christian so yea =P Why? Probably because it was instilled in me when I was small but now it's just something I truly believe. Yups... :D

Shen

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Being that there is several religions out there and all of them are incredibly diverse. That isn't a simple question in the slightest.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
As of right now, I consider myself a deist, and not of any particular religion. (Deism is, as far as I know, the belief that there is some sort of God, but he/she/it doesn't directly intervene in things. n.n; )

As for organized religions, they can be very good, and help people very much. However, there are lots of people that use their religion as an excuse to be assholes, with lack of a better word. So, in general, it seems like a mixed bag to me. >__>;

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I certainly believe that religion exists...
I don't understand the question.

Roland

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have a better question : Do you believe it's right to have a picture of someone sleeping with a horse in your avatar?

Also, No, I don't believe in religion.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I am not sure if I believe in a religion.

I do believe that religion exists.

Please give a not sure option in your poll, and qualify what you are actually asking. It is quite ambiguous and if I were to vote, I can't be sure I was answering the question you intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.