Reddish Lurkers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Why are some lurkers now red? I know that the color used to be listed as "away", but there are some people that have it that haven't been gone from the site that long, so I'm just wondering why they have changed

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Yea, I been wondering that too...I seen some member who only been gone for a week but yet they have reddish name.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I noticed that too today. I thought maybe the person was banned, but it's a dark red (similar to my text colour). The legend on the main page doesn't list that colour either.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Ive been wondering that too and below it still says regular???

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I noticed it with one member on my friendship list, though he went to lurker status a good while back. I was thinking it meant the member drifted into inactive status. Maybe others request their account to be closed and thus the change to red?:dunno:

~Pramrider

B

Butterfly Mage

So... what constitutes a "lurker" anyway? I thought a lurker was someone who visited the site but never registered. Maybe I don't understand the definition. What does Moderated(rep) mean? Some people have that designation too.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
So... what constitutes a "lurker" anyway? I thought a lurker was someone who visited the site but never registered. Maybe I don't understand the definition. What does Moderated(rep) mean? Some people have that designation too.

Lurkers are people that join but never post...People will also become a lurker if they post, but then stop posting for several weeks, but you will go back after you post once

Moderated rep means that everything the person posts must be approved by a mod, you get moderated for having -3 rep or more

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
The new shade of red threw me off a bit. I thought it was the same as the banned color (which is slightly more cranberry, less ketchup).

NOT ENOUGH COLOR IN THE WORLD!! :mad: :)

Role
Private
Last I remember, Red coloured usernames indicate that the person has been away from the forum for a while.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I changed the system so that people who were away for a week (as opposed to visiting the forum, but not posting) would go into 'inactive' status.

The advantage of this is that, when they return, they aren't stuck with being a lurker for the first hour of their return. Its a measure to make things easier / more appealing for people who return to the site after awhile of being away.

You're right though - it needs a better color (something that isn't easily confused with the red used for banned users).

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
what about using pink for the inactive colour?

Like the pink colour we used to use for all of the Donors on here......

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
i think he means a new color so we dont get it confused with anything else

but if we use a same color ,pink is a good idea

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Inactive should just be... black or something. >_>

Maybe gray for you dark theme whores.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Pink will remind me of the donors. Maybe gold (which is actually "olive," but it looks like gold to me).

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Gold makes lurkers look important, and lurkers aren't important. They're the people I don't want to see in the users list, the unwanted bastards who make the user count higher than it should be. I bite my thumb at you, lurkers! :p

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
You're right though - it needs a better color (something that isn't easily confused with the red used for banned users).
How about yellow, Moo!!

Icey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
It looks orange to me, DarkSunDS!!

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
How about Pink with a line through the middle of the name, like with Mark Fox only Pink?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I like Gray or Brown. Though with brown you'd get that confusion with red a bit again, so I'll vote for gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.