Rectal Temps?

Chess said:
so you can eat or talk while measuring?
Talk maybe, but I think the posture prohibits eating or drinking.
Also seems like if you were, say, startled and sat up suddenly, you could cause an internal injury if you did a rectal temp…

Labrador said:
Talk maybe, but I think the posture prohibits eating or drinking.
Also seems like if you were, say, startled and sat up suddenly, you could cause an internal injury if you did a rectal temp…
You're right that the position is not ideal for eating, but it's not impossible. If you sit up or something, the metal tip of the thermometer could slip out of the anus, but I don't see how you could get internal injury. Only the metal tip of the thermometer needs to be inserted into the anus.

Because you can eat and drink before taking the temp rather than having to wait 30 minutes like you do with oral. It's also more accurate

EagleBoy said:
What makes someone want to go out of their way and take there temp through there butt? I have tried that but quickly out grew that. Mean there are all kinds of ways to take your temp with several kinds
Because its way more accurate, its very babyish and awesome

tobid03 said:
Does anyone take rectal temps? I can’t think of a more babyish way to take a temperature. I don’t do it when I need it, but I did have some fun with a 5” mercury thermometer some years back.

I can't say for certain, but if I had had this done to me, the last time would have been when I was a baby. I've never been given one as an adult. However, as someone who enjoys butt stuff, I'd be totally fine with giving it a try and having my rectal temperature taken. I would stay far away from using a mercury thermometer and use a safer, modern one.

As a nurse, anyone two years old or younger would get a rectal tempeture no exceptions.

I just ordered a new one on amazon. I bought the reer expresstemp pro. Its supposedly one of the bigger/thicker rectal thermometers.

nappybaby said:
I just ordered a new one on amazon. I bought the reer expresstemp pro. Its supposedly one of the bigger/thicker rectal thermometers.
Can you provide a link?

tobid03 said:
Does anyone take rectal temps? I can’t think of a more babyish way to take a temperature. I don’t do it when I need it, but I did have some fun with a 5” mercury thermometer some years back.
if was very common growing up to take a baby's temperature rectal. my wife is old school and still take my temperature that way when i am sick. easy and simple thing when getting changed. as far as current medical they are all electronic

I bought a couple rectal thermometers off eBay. They are the most accurate!

I love having mine taken, and to take others' during a diaper change.
It's perfect to just add to the whole changing ritual :)

Reactions: nappybaby
DarkWolf said:
I love having mine taken, and to take others' during a diaper change.
It's perfect to just add to the whole changing ritual :)
exactly this. It just feels so babyish having a thermometer stuck up your butt because you can´t hold still.

nappybaby said:
exactly this. It just feels so babyish having a thermometer stuck up your butt because you can´t hold still.
MY BOTTOM HAS A BIG RED STICKER THAT SAUYS EXIT ONLY! LET'S JUST SAY I HAD A GI DOCTOR DO AN WAKE CONONOSCOPY!!!!!!!!!!!! HE even cut a polyp out that seamed to be awful close to the back of my throat. Lol Never again im having anything getting installed in my poop shoot. I will take a foley any day before a recal tube.

Back