Recommended furry conventions for babyfurs/diaperfurs?

CutieProtector

Sir Diaper Knight, Defender of Babyfurs!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
Assuming the U.S. ever gets to a point where everything is open again, I'm wondering which furry conventions people would recommend for babyfurs/diaperfurs. I'm wondering if I should make the effort to fly to one of the bigger conventions to engage with larger groups, rather than settling for a smaller local convention. I'd also like to know which ones are the most supportive of babyfurs/diaperfurs. By that I mean conventions where people aren't mean to babyfurs, and may even have unofficial events specifically for babyfurs like Texas Furry Fiesta's Cub Corral.

A quick tangent: The reason I ask is that I think I'm finally getting my own Marci badge! She mentioned she'll be raising prices in February.
Speaking of, have people worn their Marci badges publicly at furry conventions? Do people make any negative remarks upon seeing them?

Reactions: furry121, TaviMunk and perlFerret
Rainfurrest /j
*Crickets*
What, too soon?

• Haha
Reactions: SpankyUnicorn, Lzrdbby, Deleted member 51008 and 6 others
First off, you don't need a badge to go to a convention. That seems like kind of a silly reason to have held off going in the past. As for marci badges, people wear them at cons all the time. You may get a negative reaction or overhear a negative comment somebody mutters to a friend as they pass by, but by and large nobody cares and if people do comment directly to you, it'll be to say its cute. Furries are pretty accepting, and something like 5-10% are babyfur/diaperfur at least part time. Anybody who makes a stink about it will be percieved as the bad guy by just about evetybody else.

As for conventions, tff and blfc both have babyfur panels and events. Last blfc was great, ABU actually sponsored the diapers for a diapered twister event (no pants allowed, every time you fell you got another layer of padding added). I wouldn't recommend ac, just because they make it a point to be family friendly and discourage kink stuff. Other than that, you can find several hundred babyfurs at every big con, and there are always room parties and impromptu gatherings.

Reactions: Deleted member 72130, swirrll, TaviMunk and 1 other person
irnub said:
First off, you don't need a badge to go to a convention. That seems like kind of a silly reason to have held off going in the past. As for marci badges, people wear them at cons all the time. You may get a negative reaction or overhear a negative comment somebody mutters to a friend as they pass by, but by and large nobody cares and if people do comment directly to you, it'll be to say its cute. Furries are pretty accepting, and something like 5-10% are babyfur/diaperfur at least part time. Anybody who makes a stink about it will be percieved as the bad guy by just about evetybody else.

As for conventions, tff and blfc both have babyfur panels and events. Last blfc was great, ABU actually sponsored the diapers for a diapered twister event (no pants allowed, every time you fell you got another layer of padding added). I wouldn't recommend ac, just because they make it a point to be family friendly and discourage kink stuff. Other than that, you can find several hundred babyfurs at every big con, and there are always room parties and impromptu gatherings.
I'm not saying I held off just because I didn't have a badge. I meant that now that I'm getting a Marci badge, I've started thinking about where I'd use it. I've been to conventions before without a fursona, including BronyCon and another smaller brony convention. I just haven't thought of it much until recently, and I'm not normally the type who's into big conventions and meeting new people. But I want to get better so I can meet babyfurs like me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: furry121
irnub said:
Just to clarify acronyms:
tff = Texas Furry Fiesta
blfc = Biggest Little Fur Con
ac = Anthrocon

Is this correct? Also, how do you typically discover the room parties and impromptu gatherings? I've never made friends at a con before, so I feel like I'd easily miss out. Social networking doesn't come naturally to me because of my Autism.

Reactions: WillFord384 and skunk053
CutieProtector said:
Is this correct?
Yes
CutieProtector said:
Also, how do you typically discover the room parties and impromptu gatherings?
You make friends and get invited. If it's your first con, don't expect a lot from it though. Somebody usually makes a telegram chat for the babyfurs attending the convention so you can chat with people in the months beforehand. Just don't be "that guy" constantly asking to be everybody's friend and begging to be invited to everything.

CutieProtector said:
Just to clarify acronyms:
tff = Texas Furry Fiesta
blfc = Biggest Little Fur Con
ac = Anthrocon

Is this correct? Also, how do you typically discover the room parties and impromptu gatherings? I've never made friends at a con before, so I feel like I'd easily miss out. Social networking doesn't come naturally to me because of my Autism.

Was about to say TFF. Their playground last year was ill af. Also the giant Jenga.

I haven't been to many conventions yet (hoping to change that once they can resume without major restrictions), but of the ones I've attended Midwest Furfest (MFF) was the most babyfur friendly. This con had multiple panels related to the topic, plus Tykables was vending their products in the Dealer's Den for those who wanted to try some. From what I've heard, Biggest Little Fur Con (BLFC), Furry Weekend Atlanta (FWA), Megaplex, and Texas Furry Fiesta (TFF) are the others that have a decent amount of programming specifically catering to that audience. Most of the other cons will have at least a panel on the topic, or for smaller cons likely just a meet and greet. Two I'd suggest steering clear of, however, are Anthrocon (which is the most PG of the major conventions) and Further Confusion (which is my favorite con for general furry shenanigans but is very light on ABDL stuff given its size).

If you've never been to a fur con before, I'd suggest trying to hit the closest decent sized event to you first before investing in traveling to a more distant con. There are around 20 cons of reasonable size in the United States (assuming they all survive) and chances are one is within a day's drive for you, so I'd start by attending that. If you find the whole experience worthwhile, then you can look into flying to one of the top tier cons. As for badges, you'll see those all around the con space, and at worst others might have a neutral opinion of them. There are certainly others sporting way more objectionable images, and the general rule is that as long as it's acceptable for all audiences it's appropriate to wear at the con. As for room parties, most of those are invite only and have a vetting process, so your best option is to meet people either at the con or online ahead of time and wait for them to extend an offer. Like mentioned above, this takes time and patience...it wasn't until con #4 that I was invited to a room party not hosted by a close ABDL friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: CutieProtector
If anyone's willing to share, what are room parties like around furry conventions? Are they small or big? Are they just casual gatherings, or can they get more serious? If I ever were invited, I'd prefer ones that have fewer people and are more light-hearted like playing games or watching TV, as opposed to more adult things like alcohol and more inappropriate things. I'd be sure to ask details before accepting an invite (but I'm getting ahead of myself).

Reactions: perlFerret
CutieProtector said:
Assuming the U.S. ever gets to a point where everything is open again, I'm wondering which furry conventions people would recommend for babyfurs/diaperfurs. I'm wondering if I should make the effort to fly to one of the bigger conventions to engage with larger groups, rather than settling for a smaller local convention. I'd also like to know which ones are the most supportive of babyfurs/diaperfurs. By that I mean conventions where people aren't mean to babyfurs, and may even have unofficial events specifically for babyfurs like Texas Furry Fiesta's Cub Corral.

A quick tangent: The reason I ask is that I think I'm finally getting my own Marci badge! She mentioned she'll be raising prices in February.
Speaking of, have people worn their Marci badges publicly at furry conventions? Do people make any negative remarks upon seeing them?

TFF has the most cub friendly programming of any convention. I've helped with several of the panels in the past. The cub hub is basically a room in the hotel that people can go hang out in. There is usually diapers available to anyone. There's typically a limit to how many you can have. As the con gets closer to ending, they will allow people to have more, if they have a large number remaining.

The Cub corral is a specific panel during the con. It's on the convention schedule of events, so it's actually an official event. The panel is best described as a three or four hour long day care. There's tons of activities happening in the room, and you can go do whatever you want. I help provide some of the toys / actives in the room. There's things like:

- Legos
- Ball pit
- Coloring
- dolls
- building blocks
- Hot Wheels
- blanket fort

And a ton of other stuff that I can't recall at the moment.

Some of the other official events / panels at the con will include:

Panel on Padding - Fruitkitty's talk on how diapers work and how they are tested in a lab setting.

Guide to 24/7 - Aloha's panel on how to wear 24/7

Nerf War - Not a specific cub panel, but it's ran by cubs and cub friendly people. Rollar, Torn, Shoggy, Keeper, and myself bring a Nerf arsenal, so you don't have to have something already to play, you can borrow.

Story Time - Reading stories to cubs before bed.

Under the Jungle Gym - A meet and greet panel.

Q & A panels

There's a couple others that I'm forgetting.

I've never seen anyone give anyone else trouble for wearing cub art or Marci badges at a con. I've seen people look and comment on how cute the art is.

MFF is a huge convention. They had their first cub panel in 2018. I helped with it and the one they did in 2019. It was a meet and greet, as well as a Q & A panel. Since MFF is in Chicago, and that's where Tykables is based out of, they're a vender at the con. 2019 was their first year, and they had a huge area. You could buy clothing or diapers at the con. It was in the adults only area.

LOL, I was mistaken as the owner of Tykables in 2018 after the cub panel ended....by the Chair of MFF.... He was promising me that he'd have a place for me in the dealer's den the next year if I wanted. The Chair at the time was a cub. I still tease him for confusing me with the Tykables owner.

Hopefully in the future MFF will have more panels / events. But it's only been a single event each year so far.

I have not attended BLFC or MegaPlex. But I have had friends that have. They've told me about some of the events that happen at those cons, and they've had a blast.

Many but not all conventions will have a meet and greet. Just depends. Someone has to submit it to the paneling director and they have to accept and schedule it for the con.

I've been to cons before where they didn't want to schedule it, and I submitted it.

I'm the chair of a convention as well, and I have at least two cub related panels on the schedule. Had them both our first year as well. Meet and greet, and a story time panel.

Reactions: swirrll, WillFord384, Little2Roo and 1 other person
CutieProtector said:
If anyone's willing to share, what are room parties like around furry conventions? Are they small or big? Are they just casual gatherings, or can they get more serious? If I ever were invited, I'd prefer ones that have fewer people and are more light-hearted like playing games or watching TV, as opposed to more adult things like alcohol and more inappropriate things. I'd be sure to ask details before accepting an invite (but I'm getting ahead of myself).

Room parties will depend on who is running them. I've been to both large and small room parties.

I've been to ones where everyone is drinking and playing games; and I've been to ones where people are just hanging out. Just depends on who is running it and what that group is into.

In time as you meet others at conventions you'll start to become friends and they'll invite you for room parties.

Reactions: Little2Roo and CutieProtector
Maybe I missed it, but for those of us not in the furry world, what exactly is a Marci badge?

JaysonTheRegressor said:
Rainfurrest /j
*Crickets*
What, too soon?
i got that reference.XD

Reactions: onecho
DLForever99999 said:
Maybe I missed it, but for those of us not in the furry world, what exactly is a Marci badge?
Ahh yes. The ‘Rite of Passage’ for babyfurs/littlefurs. Marci is an artist who was one of the early purveyors of art for said subclass. Her works are adorkable and very vanilla. Between that and her gentle demeanor, a badge from her is typically viewed as a ‘must have’, and I can’t argue too much with that. Exhibit A:87B55B9F-052C-4C5A-A1BC-63A6A918CC9C.jpeg

Reactions: LainIsLain, RadioactiveSquirrel, Little2Roo and 2 others
I hope I can get on a level like that someday, hehe
A name people recognize 😌💭

amperedragon said:
Further Confusion (which is my favorite con for general furry shenanigans but is very light on ABDL stuff given its size).
FC is actually my favorite con just due to the layout. The way it's arranged with that long hallway between the hotels maximizes your chances of seeing people you know, and with how big and well lit it is with all the windows it's easy to take quick pictures of cool fursuits.

The lack of babyfur specific panels has never hindered my ability to do babyfur stuff there, there are enough room parties and babyfurs there to be able to hang out with enough to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: WillFord384
CutieProtector said:

Megaplex is one in florida happen to be friends with the convention head of that con, he makes megaplex fun for everyfur. Also Gatewayfurmeet we have a babyfur panel we do there, its well mostly ran by cubs lol! Our security team is mostly babs...

in my home town of st.louis mo. Most people think missouri the whole state is st.louis 😂😂😂 this is not true...

Type gatewayfurmeet st.louis mo.

Reactions: Marlissanetzel
I have never been to a Furry Fandom convention.
I could never get to say, ANTHROCON.

furry121 said:
Megaplex is one in florida happen to be friends with the convention head of that con, he makes megaplex fun for everyfur.
Megaplex is pretty babyfur heavy, so I'd definitely look into that one. Plus, I mean, it's Orlando.. double win!

CutieProtector said:

Would love to see your Marci badge when you get it. I would basically echo what Mattew said. I wear my Marci badges to every convention and have only ever received positive comments. Can’t wait to start attending conventions in person again. By the way, there is a new one called BFC (BabyFur Con) that started during the Pandemic with two virtual cons. They are hoping to host an in-person Con in the near future in the Las Vegas area. I’m super excited about that one.

Reactions: furry121 and CutieProtector
Back