recommendations for a discreet diaper bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Any ideas on where to buy a discrete looking diaper/nappy bag? (If not in australia needs to be an online seller that ships to australia) all I have seen so far is baby style ones, which is not what im looking for. It needs to be able to pass as just an ordinary bag in public.
I'll preempt the inevitable reply of just use a normal bag and say I need a water proof compartment which ive only seen in diaper bags. Im very absent minded and forget to replace plastic bags in my backpack and having that compartment seems like a great idea as a back up when out and about.
Any hèlp would be greatly appreciated.

YoungZeppelin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I work out alot so i can carry around a gym bag, you can also use a string bag.

Incontinentia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It all depends on what you want to carry in it, and how much. Obviousely it's not a problem for girls because they can carry anything they want, but we are more limited in our options. I often see guys with what could be a laptop bag with room for other things, which may or may not actually contain a laptop. I've got one but never use it because I don't have a laptop anymore, just a tablet. But I got a more utilitarian-style Benini canvas purse from a second-hand store that doesn't look girly, that holds a spare diaper and a tiny bottle of powder, and has separate zippered pockets for my phone, wallet, ipod, etc. It works perfect for my needs while not arousing any curiosity.

CrypticTaco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I use a messenger bag as a dedicated diaper bag. Nothing too special. For now it's also my school bag, since I carry a binder and a notebook as well as my tablet, so there's still room for wipes and a few diapers. It has a dedicated laptop pocket which I almost never use, but if you're into that then you should search for one for more space to place items.

As for water proofing inside, I've never went out without some plastic bags. Just keep more than a few in your bag. What I do is when I need to restock items in the bag, I supply it with everything, even if it doesn't need replacement, I simply rotate stock, so to say. Lets me know exactly what I have in my bag at all times.

Pianissima

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I would say go onto Etsy (hyperlinked) and find someone that makes custom backpacks and work it out with them. If you ever need anything specific, Etsy is the best place to go!

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Use a backpack. Spray the inside with FlexSeal. Boom, water proof discreet bag.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I got a lunchbox bag from walmart that has a large zippered off area in the lid that works well for a spare diaper, bag, powder, etc. Mine's a can cooler. I had to look around quite a bit to find one with a separate large compartment in the lid. (I was replacing one I got a long time ago, a promo cooler from pfizer)

Like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-6-Can-Cooler-with-Hardliner/14313280

The one I found, the zipper for the upper compartment was a lot more subtle, and I removed the pull, so you have to be looking for it and WANT to open it to open it, there's no opening the lid area by accident. The top area isn't too much thicker than the insulated sidewalls so it doesn't really stick out as an extra missing area even when you unzip and open the main compartment.

I take this to work with me every day. I haven't had to change at work yet, but the powder's come in handy on several occasions. I carry the little "travel size" talc and cornstarch little white bottles, and refill them as needed from the more economical large ones.

Bear85

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I would say go onto Etsy (hyperlinked) and find someone that makes custom backpacks and work it out with them. If you ever need anything specific, Etsy is the best place to go!

Awesome. Looks like i should be able to find something suitable there. Thanks for the tip mate.

BabyToddler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Any ideas on where to buy a discrete looking diaper/nappy bag? (If not in australia needs to be an online seller that ships to australia) all I have seen so far is baby style ones, which is not what im looking for. It needs to be able to pass as just an ordinary bag in public.
I'll preempt the inevitable reply of just use a normal bag and say I need a water proof compartment which ive only seen in diaper bags. Im very absent minded and forget to replace plastic bags in my backpack and having that compartment seems like a great idea as a back up when out and about.

I have this one http://www.amazon.com/McKenzie-Kids-Traveler-Diaper-Black/dp/B00E0MB3QO/ref=sr_1_4?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1408096552&sr=1-4#productDetails works great holds a lot of diapers. The changing pad is to small for me. But the bag works great. Comes with a lot of stuff too. It looks more like a duffed bag than a diaper bag.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Woot had FILA diaper bag knapsacks a while back. I had to buy one. Looks like a small knapsack (mine's black) but it has an insulated bottle pocket, a place for wipes, etc...

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have this one... works great holds a lot of diapers. The changing pad is to small for me. But the bag works great. Comes with a lot of stuff too. It looks more like a duffed bag than a diaper bag.

that looks very nice but that "baby gear outfitters" patch would have to go! looks more like a sports dufflebag

Bubbabrat93

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Carer
I generally find the draw sting gym bags to be the best discrete diaper bags. You can stick the diapers and everything in, pull it closed. Then when your walking around with it on your back everyone will assume it's just some gym clothes most likely.

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I got a lunchbox bag from walmart that has a large zippered off area in the lid that works well for a spare diaper, bag, powder, etc. Mine's a can cooler. I had to look around quite a bit to find one with a separate large compartment in the lid. (I was replacing one I got a long time ago, a promo cooler from pfizer)

Like this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-6-Can-Cooler-with-Hardliner/14313280

The one I found, the zipper for the upper compartment was a lot more subtle, and I removed the pull, so you have to be looking for it and WANT to open it to open it, there's no opening the lid area by accident. The top area isn't too much thicker than the insulated sidewalls so it doesn't really stick out as an extra missing area even when you unzip and open the main compartment.

I take this to work with me every day. I haven't had to change at work yet, but the powder's come in handy on several occasions. I carry the little "travel size" talc and cornstarch little white bottles, and refill them as needed from the more economical large ones.

So many ABDLs buying that and now it is gone. I thought at that price it would be worth getting just in case I needed one. I tend to have several diaper bags and pads laying around from when I had kids. I always get them given to me when I am pregnant and the black ones can be used for other things so easily. I bought one that was navy blue that I loved because it fit small books like a 6x9 size. My Bible and other church books fit in it perfectly and I could still fit a few diapers and wipes behind them. It had a smaller pocket I could either put one book in and fill the back with diaper stuff or put 5-6 books in the big side and put a couple diapers in the front depending on my needs. I used it for many years until the zipper went out. About that time it still looked so cool that my son still wanted it for his stuff in his room. Maybe I'll buy another one again.

Maux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Messenger bags. I keep one on me just about all the time stocked with my diapering supplies. :)

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little

You could buy a normal diaper bag, and then keep it inside a regular adult bag (laptop bags work well).

Fascinating

Fascinating Lady - Fantastic in Plastic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
I got me a Ricardo Beverly Hills shower bag at the thrift store for $3. It is plastic lined. It is discreet. Only problem is the outer pocket only holds about 1 wet with booster. I doubt 2 would fit in there. I put a regular shopping bag in there and it did not leave an odor from the diaper. It is large enough inside to just fit an 8 1/2 by 11 page and zip it in, but outer pocket is a little smaller. The dark green area has my diapers behind it. I put two in with two boosters, but it will hold double that since I do not wear large.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408978472295.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408978472295.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 39
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408978544996.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408978544996.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 38
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408978612576.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408978612576.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 37
  • uploadfromtaptalk1408978780509.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408978780509.jpg