• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Reason posted for closed threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Sometimes it is not at all clear why a thread was closed; I wondered if the system could auto-post a message saying a thread was auto-closed? There are some closed threads I would have liked to post to... Can requests (Hypothetically?) be made for a given thread not to auto-close? Is it easier in these rare instances simply to request the thread be reopened?

PS - A nod to mods who do comment on why they close a given thread; these comments are always good.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I thought they were always reasons posted when a thread is closed?

Unless it's an old thread which is auto-closed...

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I can't remember how long it takes for a thread to auto-close, but if a thread is closed and there's no obvious reason why, then it's probably because it's been too long since the last post.

Mods should always post when they close a thread, unless it's really obvious why (e.g. the last post being the OP requesting their thread to be closed).

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it should be based on inactivity rather than time.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Well, if the last post in the thread was, say, three months earlier, and you can't find any good reason why it was closed, then it was auto-closed. :)

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
So to satisfy my curiosity, if "3 months since last post" then autoclose?

Status
Not open for further replies.