Rearz Select One Tape Diapers - problems with leaks

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I bought some "InControl Essentials" and "Cloudrys" for my incontinence and was really impressed about the absorbancy and comfort.

So last time i ordered some "Rearz Select One Tape" diapers and i am not happy with them. I really do like the feel, they fit O.K., but the second wetting leaks all the time. I think that is not good enough for this kind of diapers. I am not ABDL, so i have got no clue, are these diapers just for the "look and feel", not really for using them?

Last edited:

BeTrue

Little DL toddler boy surrendered to Him
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I tried one once, I think I made it past two wettings, but I did notice it started leaking when there was still quite a bit of capacity to go.

I think the main appeal is the similarity to the Pampers of old, but as currently designed should not be considered a performance diaper.

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I discovered i may have taped them a little bit "wrong", when i taped them more like the Attends Active and put them much tighter it got better.

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Rearz just needs to upgrade their capacity. Or you can do it. Just add a booster to the inside part where the plastic meets the padding. Cut a slit in the plastic wide enough to get the booster in, and seal it with duct tape. You can out whatever you want in there, even a lesser adult diaper that you could cut the wings and leak guards off, and make it one large pad.

neurallink

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pino said:
I discovered i may have taped them a little bit "wrong", when i taped them more like the Attends Active and put them much tighter it got better.
I don’t think I’ve figured out how best to tape them yet. I’m thinking a roll of duct tape might be helpful here.
I originally taped them fairly low so the legs were snug, and had no leaks but comfort with the upper front of it felt loose. It worked reasonably well, but was more of a comfort issue.
I tried more recently with a higher taping to hold up the front, and that just led to leaks on short order around the leg opening.

northdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
In my experience, two tape diapers are just harder to tape properly. Neurallink pretty much summed it up ⬆️. Taping to get the legs snug seems to be the most efficient for me, though you’ll have an odd fitting, if not more babyish diaper.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Like ABU SDKs, these diapers are usable but more of a novelty/nostalgia type diaper. One tape design is not good for getting a snug fit around the legs.
As some have suggested try a booster but bear in mind that the booster will only add to the sag as it gets wet and you'll have no guard against leaks at the leg openings.

Pino

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
neurallink said:
I don’t think I’ve figured out how best to tape them yet. I’m thinking a roll of duct tape might be helpful here.
I originally taped them fairly low so the legs were snug, and had no leaks but comfort with the upper front of it felt loose. It worked reasonably well, but was more of a comfort issue.
I tried more recently with a higher taping to hold up the front, and that just led to leaks on short order around the leg opening.
This sounds familiar, first i taped them higher, now i go with the tapes low on the hip-bone and it works better.

For use during daytime this is O.K. with me, i will try a booster, but i do not think the capacity itself is the problem. The leak guards seem to be much lower than for example in the Essentials and start much more the way down.

Last edited: