Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePenguinLover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I know that RearZ has proven that they can make some good diapers, but I'm wondering how Safari compares to others they've made, and whether I should order any?

I haven't personally tried them but I've heard great things and they look great to me. I was thinking of trying them too, so I'd like to hear everyone's opinion as well.

RompingBulbasaur said:
I haven't personally tried them but I've heard great things and they look great to me. I was thinking of trying them too, so I'd like to hear everyone's opinion as well.

They'd be like 100% better if they were like $3-4 cheaper... (The price is a bit off-putting)

Safari's are excellent diapers, some of the best on the market to be honest. I don't know how they compare with past Rearz diapers, but they are certainly a top 3 diaper for me. They are thick, so thick you don't even require a booster and they are mega absorbent.

The only problems I have had with them are inconsistent sizing and the outer plastic. The outer plastic is firmer than brands like ABU, I tend to prefer a softer plastic shell with more give. With regards to sizing I find their small and medium sizes are cut smaller and their larger sizes are cut really large, so if you are between sizes like myself (I am right between a medium and a large) it can be hard to get a solid fit. The mediums are sometimes far too snug and the larges not snug enough with a bit too much space in the back. This is one of the reasons I go with ABU diapers, they are cut smaller all around so their large sizes fit me like a glove.

These really are only minor complaints. If I'm strapped in a Safari, I love the bulk and I love the performance and I forget about these small qualms. If you have the money for them (they can be a bit pricey) give them a try, you won't regret it.

Poofybutt said:
Safari's are excellent diapers, some of the best on the market to be honest. I don't know how they compare with past Rearz diapers, but they are certainly a top 3 diaper for me. They are thick, so thick you don't even require a booster and they are mega absorbent.

The only problems I have had with them are inconsistent sizing and the outer plastic. The outer plastic is firmer than brands like ABU, I tend to prefer a softer plastic shell with more give. With regards to sizing I find their small and medium sizes are cut smaller and their larger sizes are cut really large, so if you are between sizes like myself (I am right between a medium and a large) it can be hard to get a solid fit. The mediums are sometimes far too snug and the larges not snug enough with a bit too much space in the back. This is one of the reasons I go with ABU diapers, they are cut smaller all around so their large sizes fit me like a glove.

These really are only minor complaints. If I'm strapped in a Safari, I love the bulk and I love the performance and I forget about these small qualms. If you have the money for them (they can be a bit pricey) give them a try, you won't regret it.

Well I was already thinking about getting them, But I think you've sold me...

ThePenguinLover said:
Well I was already thinking about getting them, But I think you've sold me...

Glad I could help. Just really pay attention to the size ranges and choose the one you fit best between (I can't do this easily because my waist is right at the high end cut off of their mediums and is between the low-end cutoff of their larges. I'm a 39-40 waist, mediums barely fit me and larges can be a bit too big on me). This brand is rather thick and comfortable and I'd say in terms of performance nothing is quite as absorbent, except for maybe some ABU brands.

Poofybutt said:
This brand is rather thick and comfortable and I'd say in terms of performance nothing is quite as absorbent, except for maybe some ABU brands.

I think I may be sold as well. The price is a bit steep, but it looks like it comes with 12 diapers instead of ABU's 10 for relatively the same price. One other question though, would you say they're as thick or thicker than an ABU Space/LittlePawz/Simple?

I’d say they’re on the same level as ABU - and sometimes more absorbent. Definitely my #1 favorite diaper

RompingBulbasaur said:
I think I may be sold as well. The price is a bit steep, but it looks like it comes with 12 diapers instead of ABU's 10 for relatively the same price. One other question though, would you say they're as thick or thicker than an ABU Space/LittlePawz/Simple?

I'd say they're slightly thicker than Space, Little Pawz and Simple, but only slightly. A swollen Safari is far thicker than a standard ABU. A swollen ABU is just under a wet Safari in terms of bulge. A boosted Space, Little Pawz or Simple would be a little bit more thicker than a dry Safari. A boosted Safari is... well, I've never tried that.

I have worn Rearz Safari, Seduction, and Rebel. Along with multiple types of Bambino's, tykables, and some other brands. Rearz Safari is exactly like Poofybutt said, "thick and super absorbent, no need for a booster." I don't have the same issues with sizing Poofybutt does, but I fall into a size large pretty easily. Moreover, like Poofybutt said, they can be pretty expensive, but are worth the expense if you have the funds.

As compared to other Rearz diapers, I would say the seduction is probably the closest in comparison. However, Safari is still my favorite from that line of products. As compared with the other brands I have tested, I would say the most comparable would be the Bambino Magnifico. The Safari is definitely at the top of my list when I buy more diapers.

Thanks for the quick responses!

ThePenguinLover said:
I know that RearZ has proven that they can make some good diapers, but I'm wondering how Safari compares to others they've made, and whether I should order any?

Safari/InspireInControl are almost physically identical in look and feel to ABU's simple/space/paws but seem to have a different design to the sap - ABU's seem to me to have a little less swell and lower capacity. But very similar, and a heck of a lot cheaper.

Bambino and Cooshie Tooshiez both carry Safari in the USA and are cheaper but not always by much. I suspect that Rearz has placed restrictions on how low their resellers can price their products.

Safari are great! They're my favourite nappy at the moment (waiting to get my hands on the new Tykables to compare), they're thick and cute, what's not to love?

I have tried Rearz Safari, Seduction, and Rebel. Each of them fit very similarly and the tapes on all of them were excellent. However, they did not share the same absorbency level. Rebel had the lowest absorbency level, but they admit that in the product description. I would say the Safari and Seduction were extremely close to the safe absorbency level, but Safari was just slightly better. The other major difference between them was the design on the diaper, obviously, but diaper design preference is up to each AB or DL alone to decide.

I have heard Rearz Sissy/princess diaper is the exact same as the Safari just a different theme. However, I don't identify with that group, so I have never tested that theory.

The big thing with wearing diapers to remember is that it all comes down to individual preference. So if you really want to know if they are worth it, order a sample pack of them and determine for yourself.

Poofybutt said:
The only problems I have had with them are inconsistent sizing and the outer plastic. The outer plastic is firmer than brands like ABU, I tend to prefer a softer plastic shell with more give.

I've tried them and don't care for them for these two reasons. The medium is too big on me (I didn't have a chance to try to the small). And, the outer plastic feels like the consistency of a shower curtain. Throw in the high price and I'll pass. They are, as everyone said, very absorbent. However, there are more things to a diaper than absorbency. The only way you're going to know is to try them.

They are totally awesome! Right now they are the highest capacity ABDL diaper of any major brand. I totally LOVE them!

The Safari, Princess, Seduction, and Inspire + All share the same design. The regular Inspire (not + ) was the same as the discontinued footprint diapers.
The Rearz Rebel is a thinner, lower capacity diaper, (only a little lower. Like all of the Atlantic ocean, not the Pacific.) that also cost a lot less. IIRC, the Rebel has the same capacity as the highest capacity ABU. The fit and feel are different. I like both for different reasons

If cost is a factor, the Rebel comes in a case of 72, where the Safari comes in a case of 36. The rebel case is about 1/3 more expensive most places, but has twice as many diapers. If you are looking for a bargain, the Seduction is the all black diaper, and it seems to be on sale or lower priced everywhere I've looked right now. it's the same as the Safari

Oh my goodness...

I purchased my first pack of Rearz Safari diapers and they arrived in December. They are absolutely now my most favorite diaper. They hold an almost incomprehensible amount, they fit so perfectly, are so babylike in the print and style, and are just amazing.

I wouldn't wear these out in public under my clothes to places where there are people I would know, as they are very thick, but they are otherwise the best diaper I have ever worn. They are a bit spendy, but look for sales around a holiday and you might be able to get them at a little lower price.

I give them 7 out of 5 possible stars.

:detective3

TeddyBearCowboy

I think all of the Rearz line is probably comparable with some maybe hold a tad more but all are awesome. My personal experience has been with the Inspires, plain white. They hold an incredible amount. I personally like the heavier plastic front panel. Make a great landing strip for the tapes and then can be moved and re-attached without issue. Because of the stiffness I also think it contributes to holding it in shape after it has been wetted several times. I do this a lot and absolutely love how the feel and heavy they get and still maintain their shape pretty well. Just wish they weren't quite so pricey.

Did I mention that these diapers are amazing?!!!

I have tried m4 and some white diapers with plastic outside (don't remember the brand) I bought them in Netherlands, about 2 years ago. That plastic was too thin and broke, the diaper itself was falling apart after a day of use. Not the best quality. Then I tried ?abri? m4. Not the best either. Since then I have used tena maxi. Now I just found - after almost 14 days of research - Rearz pink princess. They are today my new favorit diaper. They aren't cheap, but they are soft and comfy, nice and thick. I have worn them outside several times in my neighborhood. No one have noticed anything despite that they are size L (I fit size M depend of brand) I worn some jeans which the diaper could fit into. Or maybe ppl just don't care about what you are wearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back