Rearz Omutsu vs Pocket Diapers

puddlefeet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I have an Omutsu cloth diaper and absolutely love it. Makes me feel REALLY little. Has anybody tried their pocket diapers? They look fairly similar, but with some subtle changes. What did you think about the 2?

Reactions: Angelapinks and babyscotty37
Personally I’ve used many types of reusable diapers. I prefer pre-folds and cloth velcros like the Omutsu. Babykins also sells a similar product. They are all more customizable, absorbent and with a wider crotch. In short, they fit me better and I can wear any number of waterproof pants with them.

The All-In-Ones and Pocket diapers, I really don’t care for them and I’ve tried many kinds.

puddlefeet said:
I have an Omutsu cloth diaper and absolutely love it. Makes me feel REALLY little. Has anybody tried their pocket diapers? They look fairly similar, but with some subtle changes. What did you think about the 2?
I also have tried pocket diapers and did not like them at all. I much prefer my Omutsu. I can then easily add more protection as needed.

Reactions: Angelapinks
I prefer the pocket diapers because you can dry them faster. The omutsus never dry...? Neither hold quite as much as prefolds for me.

puddlefeet said:
I have one or two Omatsu diapers and they are pretty good but my first one had a nice white shiny plastic cover on it. After a year or two it cracked and split so I cut it off and just add plastic pants. The other is a Hello Kitty one that was not covered and it is still OK except the snaps have failed due to it being a bit smaller than my usual Large size. The pocket diapers were also a bit small but still OK.

Last edited:
I just got an omutsu and ive been wondering, will it hold up and not leak without plastic pants or do i really need those no matter what with these cloth diapers?

• Thinking
Sundae said:
I just got an omutsu and ive been wondering, will it hold up and not leak without plastic pants or do i really need those no matter what with these cloth diapers?
I don't think I have ever gone without plastic or rubber pants but I don't remember it leaking.

I have Omutsu diapers. They don't leak at all for me. I am also able to put two doublers in them for nighttime. I found the velcro doesn't stay as well after many washings and use diaper pins to help keep them in place, but no problem for me.
I just ordered a Dependco. I hadn't heard of them until today on here. Anxious to see how they compare.

Reactions: MetalDan86 and Angelapinks
Good to hear! The omutsu is very soft and im excited to see how well it holds later on. I really like having some big bulk so I may use a booster with it in the future. So far it feels a little big on me, despite being the small size, so there should be plenty of space~

Reactions: babyscotty37
babyscotty37 said:
I have Omutsu diapers. They don't leak at all for me. I am also able to put two doublers in them for nighttime. I found the velcro doesn't stay as well after many washings and use diaper pins to help keep them in place, but no problem for me.
I just ordered a Dependco. I hadn't heard of them until today on here. Anxious to see how they compare.
Yes I had a problem with the Velcro ones, first was snagging things in the wash and dryer and then not working too well later on. I cut them off and use diaper pins also. The other ones are snap on and fit tighter but some of the snaps broke and you need a machine to put them on again. I could get a bag of snaps in various colours but the machine is out of stock most times when I go into the fabric shop. I may try Amazon.

I have a half-dozen of the Rearz Omutsu, and several of these are replacements for others I've worn out. They are probably the most comfortable diapers I own, which is saying something.

However, Rearz' pocket diapers - and pocket diapers from companies like Snap-EZ - are a different matter entirely. Pockets are wonderfully convenient and they can be quite discreet. I can wear an Omutsu for several hours or even overnight without worry, but any pocket diaper's endurance can be measured in a fraction of that time.

Both have their place, certainly, but comparing them is akin to comparing apples to oranges ... side to side, they're not at all similar.

babyscotty37 said:
Dependecos are great, I’ve been wearing them for at least 14 years. I prefer the PUL covers over either a night time disposable to catch stray leaks or a daytime cloth diaper.

Back