Rearz Barnyard

bigtoddler96 said:
Please use your Rearz Barnyard diaper for #2, thanks.
Sometimes it’s just not convenient or if you just put a diaper on. I like having choice.

dethpuck said:
Sometimes it’s just not convenient or if you just put a diaper on. I like having choice.
Just like all ABDL diapers, Rearz Barnyard can hold messes too.

Last edited:
bigtoddler96 said:
Dude, chill. Not everyone is into messing like you are. You’re coming off a little pushy and uncomfortable trying to get people to mess. If they don’t want to or aren’t into it, that’s up to them. Just take it easy.

As for the original topic, I might have to snag a pack and try them out at some point. I’m always game for a good, thirsty diaper.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, AAO, mayhem and 2 others
dethpuck said:
Sometimes if you give the tapes a little tug it set the hooks. I haven’t had any problems with the tapes on any hook/loop diapers. I’m really starting to like having them so I can adjust or use the potty for a #2.
Thanks, will try that. I have to say I am impressed with the capacity.

bigtoddler96 said:
Can, should, and want are all different things. You don't seem to understand that.

Just because they can hold a mess doesn't mean we should all be messing them. And the reason- because we don't want to. We respect (and even understand) you do like and want to mess your diapers. Please respect our not wanting to.

Reactions: flipside
RedStripeLvr said:
Could you give me some pointers on the Velcro tapes? Every time I try a hook and loop diaper, they don't seem to hold well. So far I'm pretty impressed with the Barnyard, performance wise, but the tapes keep popping off with movement, etc..

Unlike adhesive tapes, velcro tapes do NOT like "sheer force". They'll only hold when pulled straight away from where they are taped. If they're at any angle, they'll sheer right off. You should also avoid wrinkles in the tape panel under the tape. (that applies to adhesives as well) If you get the tapes attached straight, they shouldn't pop off.

Slomo said:
Can, should, and want are all different things. You don't seem to understand that.

Just because they can hold a mess doesn't mean we should all be messing them. And the reason- because we don't want to. We respect (and even understand) you do like and want to mess your diapers. Please respect our not wanting to.

I can vouch that they CAN hold a mess, but as Slomo says, I really wish I didn't have to deal with it. Fecal IC is not fun to deal with on a daily, and sometimes multiple times a day, basis.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
It’s great that a lot of companies are coming out with high capacity diapers. And those that complain about them getting thicker, better take a look back at other lower capacity diapers on the market. A peekabu is thinner than a lot of other diapers and holds a lot more

Their is of course other diapers out there and yes they are bulky, I suppose that’s something you’ll have to deal with or use a lower capacity diaper, lots of those around too

One thing they really need to get figured out with these high capacity diapers is wicking. Some are much worse than others, but none of them come close to having “good” wicking in my opinion and it’s nearly impossible to use the diaper to practical capacity without leaking.

The peekabu for example is horrible at wicking (nonexistent) and during ‘normal’ use the diaper will completely saturate the very front and the lower portion might get a little bit of moisture and the rear 1/2 of the diaper remains completely dry. Would be great to see some better wicking technologies being used, can’t wait to see capillary wicking being used in abdl diapers!

ykdprdave said:
One thing they really need to get figured out with these high capacity diapers is wicking. Some are much worse than others, but none of them come close to having “good” wicking in my opinion and it’s nearly impossible to use the diaper to practical capacity without leaking.

The peekabu for example is horrible at wicking (nonexistent) and during ‘normal’ use the diaper will completely saturate the very front and the lower portion might get a little bit of moisture and the rear 1/2 of the diaper remains completely dry. Would be great to see some better wicking technologies being used, can’t wait to see capillary wicking being used in abdl diapers!

Well that's what the pulp is usually for, and that's why you CAN have too much sap.

From my experience so far with PeekABU, and Ultra, and MegaMax, (which are all the same diaper, short of the art and the tapes) they do have a fair amount of pulp but they've added so much sap that it squeezes out the pulp after it gets so wet, and wicking slows down dramatically. You can end up with an almost sold mass of padding in the crotch, that has almost zero capability to wick farther back into the dry padding. This seems to be the issue with all the other high-sap diapers too, like crinklz. It's annoying to find that by morning you have a softball between your legs and are starting to leak at the back corners, despite having acres of dry padding in the back.

The key seems to be to avoid flooding (or really, anything short of a slow release) after you've saturated the crotch.

bambinod said:
Well that's what the pulp is usually for, and that's why you CAN have too much sap.

From my experience so far with PeekABU, and Ultra, and MegaMax, (which are all the same diaper, short of the art and the tapes) they do have a fair amount of pulp but they've added so much sap that it squeezes out the pulp after it gets so wet, and wicking slows down dramatically. You can end up with an almost sold mass of padding in the crotch, that has almost zero capability to wick farther back into the dry padding. This seems to be the issue with all the other high-sap diapers too, like crinklz. It's annoying to find that by morning you have a softball between your legs and are starting to leak at the back corners, despite having acres of dry padding in the back.

The key seems to be to avoid flooding (or really, anything short of a slow release) after you've saturated the crotch.

Yes slow controlled wetting definitely helps them, but they’re still horrible to get anywhere near capacity unless your doing yoga while peeing 😆

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
I’m a little concerned that the hook and loop system is going to suck just as bad as the Bambino hybrid ultra stretch diaper.

Idahoboy72 said:
I’m a little concerned that the hook and loop system is going to suck just as bad as the Bambino hybrid ultra stretch diaper.

While I'm still not a fan of the hook and loop system, I took @dethpucks advice and gave the tapes a tug to "set" them and they are working better than before. And I will also say that the Velcro on the Barnyards is better than any of the others I have tried. Depending on my activity level, I've also used diaper pins on top of the hook and loop, which increases security (I haven't had any problems with the pins tearing out)

Idahoboy72 said:

Barnyard tapes seem to be better than magnifico. Just make sure you tape them down so they're not pulling at an angle to the back. That'll make them pop really easy. About the only thing I don't like about them is their high price. (and I think the prints could use a tweak)

Reactions: Idahoboy72
i got a few packs but yet to got chance to try them out! just too busy working

Reactions: Idahoboy72
I’ve finally got some of these and I think they are very well done. After 12+ hours now, I’m almost ready for a change. No hint of a leak. One thing that impresses me a lot is the durability of the diaper, yet the plastic is still nice a smooth and doesn’t feel like rough or anything and under all the weight of the almost full diaper it is still not sagging much compared to most. It’s still pretty snug and comfy. Normally tapes would start to rip off the shell by this point in other similar diapers, but they still look fully intact and holding the diaper nice and snug around my waist!

They did a great job on this one! Something I’d recommend anybody try!!

Last edited:
I just can't get over the colours; I'm not a fan!!! I'm a fan of bright colours like Lil Monsters and Little Rascals etc...

I mean, browns and yellows on a diaper?

Jonnythepony said:
I really like the sound of hook&loop taping and a pretty hefty 6200ml advertised capacity, which is quite a bit more absorbency than what they list Safari diapers at.

I like the print too ,definitely on my gotta test list now.
These do however sound really similar feature wise to the diaper CTDC came out with, their "Bear Hugz". Hopefully the Rears Barnyards are thicker out of the pack than the Bear Hugs were.

Thanks for the heads up that these exist, will keep an eye on these!
Really good diaper. Using every night. Highly absorbent. Tabs great.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Okay I ordered a pack and it will arrive tomorrow, i realized that I've never had a diaper that had Velcro (hook and loop), I wear my diaper to work but sometimes need to use the toilet for #2.... the hook and loop will make this MUCH easier to use the washroom!!!

Im actually kind of excited to try this hook and loop for a more authentic experience.

Can't wait!!!

I'm going through a case of these and I'm on the 14th one. I think I can do 8 hours with no center booster, though I'll always use side boosters on any diaper. These feel awesome (I love the plastic shell) , don't leak easily, and they are quieter than diapers with the clear panel on the front. The hook and loop is good, though I think I'd like to try the same diaper but with super sticky tapes like megamax. I won't buy more of the barnyard because I can't get over the girly pinkish colors. But if/when the same is made into something plain or with a design I like, then I would for sure get more.

Reactions: RedStripeLvr and Malverndl
I like them however not big on the velcro tapes they dont hold as good as the tape sticky ones ,

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
Back