Not open for further replies.

BabyDavie2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Well, yet another Incontinence company in Canada is causing problems for me. This time it's also an AB/DL product supplier. Their name is Rearz. I'm interested in finding out whether somebody from there is part of this forum or group. I'm also interested in knowing whether other people have dealt with them and what their experiences have been.

I don't know but sometimes I think I must have gullible or something printed on my forehead and that's why various companies have tried to take advantage of me.

Anyhow, I received some products from Rearz and contacted them. I don't recall everything that happened because it's almost a month ago. Anyhow, the owner of the company asked me to return the items and I would have a credit with them. I did so and chose items for an order. Some discussion ensued and I forgot about it until I saw something on the desktop of my desktop computer. I haven't been using that computer much choosing to do most things on my phone.

I decided to send Rearz an email today asking about the credit that I have with them. I was told that I still have the credit and I told them that instead of ordering more products I want a refund. The person who responded to me told me that I would still have to pay $24.95 as well as 30% restocking fee. The only place the $24.95 could have come from is what they were going to charge me to send me the new items as replacement for the ones that didn't fit.

They didn't mention the restocking fee before I asked for a refund probably because Laurie, I believe the owner, told me that the items wouldn't be going back into stock. She said that she was going to use them for internal purposes. So asking for the restocking fee and the shipping fee must just be intended to annoy me.

I don't know what's going to happen here but I have a few ways of dealing with them if they don't want to be fair. Once I know whether one of their staff is a member here, I'll tell you all more. I will also let you all know what happens, as it transpires. If you have any suggestions as to what I should do, how I should handle this situation, please post below. Thank you.

Davie, I see you have 3 incidents you have posted with 3 different suppliers. Perhaps in the future you should contact the supplier prior to your purchase and get them to specifically tell you what their policies are with respect to returning items, credits, replacement items, substitutes, etc. Then if something happens, you will be able to know what your options are. Another option would be to deal with suppliers who accept paypal or similar where if you have a problem with customer satisfaction they will step in and help you to the extent of their policies and/or the agreement you have made with the supplier.

As for Rearz, I have made two purchases from them in the past few years and I have been satisfied with their products and shipping.

I've purchased from Rearz before and I've had no problems. Nothing shady at all, they're a very stand-up company and they respond promptly in terms of customer service, in my experience. The only 'issue' I've had--and it was entirely my fault for not paying attention when ordering--was placing an order with Canadian currency selected instead of American (I'm in the USA). My USD credit card was charged the Canadian amount, which means I was overcharged. I contacted Rearz and they refunded the amount that was overpaid to my credit card.

It's very common to be 'out' a shipping charge when returning something purchased online. It would not be fair to expect a company to cover all shipping charges when the customer is the one that made a mistake (wrong size) ordering. I'm actually surprised they accepted a return if the product was an undergarment, because they legally can't re-sell it--so they've already lost money in accepting your return. Asking for a restocking fee and shipping is not meant to annoy, it is a very common (and fair) business practice for online shopping.

Dealt with them twice, exemplary service on both occasions...

You're buying diapers, an inherently disposable item. The fact that they have any return policy should be considered outstanding customer service. Try taking diapers back to a brick and mortar store.

Assuming the items weren't returned due to being faulty, I can't see any issue. You're returning a disposable item that can't be resold, so the business has lost the opportunity of a sale through no fault of their own. To be honest, given a credit in that situation is more than many businesses would do, so I don't really think you have grounds for complaint. Given you seem to have had a succession of "issues" with businesses others have had no problem with, perhaps you need to review how you make your buying choices and how you conduct transactions, as the evidence suggests the issue is more on your side than theirs.

I agree with all the replies. Sounds like he likes to complain as a way to get something for nothing. Sounds like nothing but a scammer to me. But that's not my business. I would never do any business transactions with him.

Well what was the reason for returning the merchandise? From what it sounds like, you ordered some items, changed your mind, and then got mad when they charged you a restock fee. Just a heads-up, there are expenses involved with every package a business sends out, and if they were to refund you every dime after you sent the item back, they are losing money. Look at it from their point of view. They are not a billion-dollar corporation like Walmart who can absorb all those costs. It's perfectly reasonable for a business to charge a restock fee if they did everything right and you simply changed your mind, especially for a hygienic product that is disposable and not meant to be resold once returned. That's on you.

It's also kind of jacked up, that you would create a thread with a defaming headline like this. From what I've heard Rearz has an excellent customer service record, and based on your one transaction with them you exclaim they should be completely avoided. I'm all for keeping the community informed when a company does something outlandish like embezzling money and not sending orders out or other unethical things, but this is a step too far. The community is small and word gets around fast, and when you make posts like this it damages these companies' reputations and hurts their sales and livelihood. Think about if it were your business for a moment.

Did you order the wrong thing or something? You haven't exactly explained the situation. I've never had problems ordering from several places. I tend to stick to the ones that are recommended.

The only reason I see them not totally refunding you would be because you've ordered wrong. I can say that customer service representatives are not stupid, and I myself have dealt with things like that. You can't expect everything to be done on their behalf. Shipping is expensive. Restocking fees were made because they'll have to repackage your items and hopefully sell them.

You should buy samples before you make a commitment to ordering a larger amount. You'd be doing yourself a favor.

I have ordered from rearz many times and never had a problem of coarse when I ordered I was in the store so I didn't have to worry about shipping.

she has a ab/dl area in the store with footed pjs onesie diaper t-shirts pacifiers cloth diapers its pretty neat I never thought I would see AB/DL store in my life time
when you first walk in its kind of a shock seeing all ab/dl stuff and I am sure some of incontinent people and parents get quite the shock when they go to rearz.

I know the owner and she does her best to please all her customers.

I know that the shipping is expensive and really eats in to her profits.

Its clearly stated on there Shipping & Returns

Unfortunately, due to the hygienic nature of our products and the stringent Canadian health regulations, we cannot accept returns or make exchanges on any sleepwear, disposable or washable, reusable or absorbent baby/incontinence/health

she did her best to help and gave you a credit more then most would ever do do to hygienic reasons she is not allowed to sell any of the returns.

I know I wouldn't want to buy anything some one else was wearing for health reasons.

I have purchased many items from the company and they are very professional, and strive to provide excellent service and products. Like others have mentioned, review the return policies before ordering.

to put it simply. your just trying to cause issues. stop being ridiculous with your requests and just order what you want and get on with it. dont order it and decide when it returns you just dont want it. BECAUSE. thats ridiculous.

Well, I'm sorry that I started this thread. I've been drinking and can't focus enough to read everybody's message but it seems that at least some people are upset that I posted this thread. Perhaps if I had a mommy to watch me, I wouldn't be doing these things. I guess I couldn't have gotten anybody too upset or the thread would have been deleted. I have another jerk who sent me a onesie based on a mistake in a message I sent him, totally ignoring thrvsize that I ordered. I guess nobody wants to hear about this Esty seller so I'll say no more.

BabyDavie2 said:
I've been drinking and can't focus enough to read everybody's message but it seems that at least some people are upset that I posted this thread. Perhaps if I had a mommy to watch me, I wouldn't be doing these things.
Out of curiosity, was there drinking involved during the ordering and/or return process for the other instances when you received, what was in your view, bad customer service?

My main problem with Rearz is their INSANE prices. There is two main suppliers in Canada. Rearz and B4Ns. You can get 2 bags (16 diapers) of Bambino Classico from B4NS shipped expresspost to you for $50 taxes in Canadian.

Rearz wants $54.25 for only 1 bag (8 diapers) of the same Bambino Classico with their lowest shipping option selected.

While the selection is no where near what Rearz has... B4NS is hands down the better business to shop with.

Its downright criminal and nothing more then excessive gouging what Rearz is doing. Save yourself the time and money and shop with B4NS.

BabyDavie2 said:
Well, I'm sorry that I started this thread. I've been drinking and can't focus enough to read everybody's message but it seems that at least some people are upset that I posted this thread. Perhaps if I had a mommy to watch me, I wouldn't be doing these things. I guess I couldn't have gotten anybody too upset or the thread would have been deleted. I have another jerk who sent me a onesie based on a mistake in a message I sent him, totally ignoring thrvsize that I ordered. I guess nobody wants to hear about this Esty seller so I'll say no more.

You never explained why you wanted or needed to return the items, just expecting people to take your word they are bad without any proof or even describing the situation.

Fire2box said:
You never explained why you wanted or needed to return the items, just expecting people to take your word they are bad without any proof or even describing the situation.

I think they did explain it. Alcohol was most likely involved in the ordering process as well, but their comment says it all.

BabyDavie2 said:
Well, I'm sorry that I started this thread. I've been drinking and can't focus enough to read everybody's message but it seems that at least some people are upset that I posted this thread. Perhaps if I had a mommy to watch me, I wouldn't be doing these things. I guess I couldn't have gotten anybody too upset or the thread would have been deleted. I have another jerk who sent me a onesie based on a mistake in a message I sent him, totally ignoring thrvsize that I ordered. I guess nobody wants t

It's a pathetic cry for attention without regard to the reputations they are possibly harming. There are also other threads by this individual as another member pointed out. I do not see as many sellers (big and small) all making this many mistakes with the same person. I have doubts the orders were ever placed, but instead fabricated just to use it them as an excuse to demand a mommy as they put it. The damage this person could be doing to these companies is all to make a plea for someone to be their mommy.

BabyDavie2 said:

Are you freaking kidding me with this??? Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back