Realizing how lucky I was on a close call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
A couple months ago, I had a used Molicare Super Plus sitting in a shallow-ish cardboard box. I left it there so I could throw it away later when no one was home. I thought it was closed , but when I returned from a Wal-Mart trip, I noticed a) my light was on (I thought I'd left it off) and b) the box was wiiiiiide open. I saw money on my bed and realized my roommate had entered my room to pay me back for something . The box was on a far side of the room, so there was a chance it was unseen, but I was panicking.

Anyway, my roommate has never brought it up or looked at me funny, so I think I lucked out.

Just thought I'd share my relief with someone.

I had a few close calls. My nightmare scenario is if I'm wearing a nappy and someone walks in.

I often think I should get a roommate because it would save me money, then I realize things like this will happen.

Hopefully your roommate didn't notice. A lot of people, myself included, don't always pay attention to our surroundings.

This,,, is a damn good reason, for getting roommates/housenates, that are also into diapers (or at least diaper friendly)-then, there's no worries at all.

Try coming home and your cloth diapers (which were on the line) have been brought in with the rest of your washing...
(I hide them under sheets, so they can't be seen)

I don't think I will try that.

okram said:
Try coming home and your cloth diapers (which were on the line) have been brought in with the rest of your washing...
(I hide them under sheets, so they can't be seen)

Whomever did that for you didn't question it at all? It seems like something that if you were hiding it you wouldn't be leaving them out in the open and then leaving your house for someone to find unless it was intentional.

allcy said:
Whomever did that for you didn't question it at all? It seems like something that if you were hiding it you wouldn't be leaving them out in the open and then leaving your house for someone to find unless it was intentional.

Dude I took in your laundry when I saw it was gonna rain. You must do a lot of dishes by hand, I ain't seen so many dishcloths on a line before!

Nope, no questions
Also, not really in the open. They had to take the sheets off to be able to see them.

- - - Updated - - -

bambinod said:
Dude I took in your laundry when I saw it was gonna rain. You must do a lot of dishes by hand, I ain't seen so many dishcloths on a line before!

Nope. Not quite.
Dependico AIO with Elmo prints.

As mentioned somewhere above, I like that idea, an entire enclosed, gated diaper community! Now, if some diaper friendly builder, would just do that.

I also wanted to add, it really is a shame, that some members of any society/culture, deem to be the self imposed ruler of standards! Standards, that have no real basis for existence, yet, these people want to enforce these twisted ideas on everyone. So what, if someone wants to wear diapers, is gay or bi or doesn't want to be in a straight marriage, just doesn't want have children at all, wants to wear funny looking clothes or no clothes at all, ETC., ETC.. Why are these haters in existence? What in all cultures, brings them forth, to wreck havoc on all of the community around them? That would be a contributing/endorsing factor, for me, supporting a diaper community-one could have cloth diapers, on the line out back, or clear plastic bag of used disposable diapers, out by the curb, for trash pickup, or could be out, walking the dog, in a short t, shoes and their diaper-and would be greeted with a friendly hello, instead of scorn and hostility.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point-I was sitting in a truckstop restaurant a couple of years back-you guys remember the tv commercial from Depends, that had people walking around New York City in diapers, with the campaign of, buy our diapers and we will contribute to those, that can't afford diapers, so they can have them?? Well, some other driver, saw that commercial and immediately said: "all of those people need to be arrested and thrown in jail". I asked what for, he said: :that's obscene/indecent". He looked at me, strangely, when I told them, that's not true, they are in compliance, with all decency standards-as all of the "parts" are covered. He then, got up and left, when I reminded him, that someday, you to, will be like those people-needing to wear diapers (those that are ICs-whereas, many of us here, just enjoy wearing them-hey, it's just another type of underwear-no big deal)..

I always speak positively about Depends and adult diapers when someone tries to make a humorous reference to (those that wear) them. I scoff and ask "Oh what's the big deal?" and follow that with "You won't feel so disparagingly of them when you get to where you need them. I'm guessing you'll be grateful that they are available. When was the last time you could tell that someone was wearing an adult diaper? See? My point exactly."

Fortunately no one has yet to ask me if I'm wearing one. ;-) For if I am, I'll surely blush. (Can't help it. It happens and I have absolutely no control. It can be a curse. ;-) ) But, depending on my company at the time, I might tell them I *have worn*. I've told a couple of friends: a past lover and a dear friend who is a nurse. It's a convenience of getting older, I'm finding. Folks understand that needing such things increases with age.

Do I still hide my diaper stash? Sort of. I keep them in a cardboard box stacked with other boxes in a corner of my home office. I don't wear anything close to 24/7. Instead, I just slip into one every so often. The immediate feeling of security and comfort is unlike any other. Yeah, I am a diaper lover, for sure.

Oh, and to add on a small, but slightly insignificant detail, yes, I was padded at the time, with M4.

PaddedAndHappy said:
Oh, and to add on a small, but slightly insignificant detail, yes, I was padded at the time, with M4.

If he only had a clue as to what he was missing. His loss.

PaddedAndHappy said:
As mentioned somewhere above, I like that idea, an entire enclosed, gated diaper community! Now, if some diaper friendly builder, would just do that.

I also wanted to add, it really is a shame, that some members of any society/culture, deem to be the self imposed ruler of standards! Standards, that have no real basis for existence, yet, these people want to enforce these twisted ideas on everyone. So what, if someone wants to wear diapers, is gay or bi or doesn't want to be in a straight marriage, just doesn't want have children at all, wants to wear funny looking clothes or no clothes at all, ETC., ETC.. Why are these haters in existence? What in all cultures, brings them forth, to wreck havoc on all of the community around them? That would be a contributing/endorsing factor, for me, supporting a diaper community-one could have cloth diapers, on the line out back, or clear plastic bag of used disposable diapers, out by the curb, for trash pickup, or could be out, walking the dog, in a short t, shoes and their diaper-and would be greeted with a friendly hello, instead of scorn and hostility.

- - - Updated - - -

Case in point-I was sitting in a truckstop restaurant a couple of years back-you guys remember the tv commercial from Depends, that had people walking around New York City in diapers, with the campaign of, buy our diapers and we will contribute to those, that can't afford diapers, so they can have them?? Well, some other driver, saw that commercial and immediately said: "all of those people need to be arrested and thrown in jail". I asked what for, he said: :that's obscene/indecent". He looked at me, strangely, when I told them, that's not true, they are in compliance, with all decency standards-as all of the "parts" are covered. He then, got up and left, when I reminded him, that someday, you to, will be like those people-needing to wear diapers (those that are ICs-whereas, many of us here, just enjoy wearing them-hey, it's just another type of underwear-no big deal)..

As for the community idea, it'd be interesting, but with all the cheapskate diaper people out there, YOU COULD NEVER HANG THEM OUTSIDE, or they'd be ripped. Seriously, most have admitted to doing this as a kid, of wanting to, with the cost of quality cloth diapers & plastic pants, nobody would be safe, and we'd all dudes in toting diapered dudes!

Sounds like another trucker in diapers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back