Real World Review: Alpaca Diapers By Rearz

KitsuneFox

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
This is my 'real world' review of the new Alpaca diapers by Rearz. I am going to cover how they hold up during real nighttime use on 3 incontinent adults ( myself and the 2 ""children"" I take care of ), AND I am going to cover what I believe to be very misleading and false advertising by Rearz .
Rearz Alpaca Diaper .jpg
We received our order of 2 cases yesterday, and I decided to put everyone in these diapers to test out how well they work.

--> About us:
* I am medically incontinent and have Nocturnal Polyuria ( my kidneys produce too much urine while I sleep ). My bladder leaks during the nighttime, and I frequently have uncontrollable full bladder voids .
* The ""2 year old"" is diaper incontinent. He has very poor bladder retention and uncontrollably has small voids while he sleeps.
* The ""7 year old"" has medically fecal incontinence and has occasional urge incontinence . He has fecal accidents almost every night, and most of the time just after he wakes up as well .

--> Bedtime:
I got the ""children"" ready for bed as usual, nothing out of the ordinary in our bedtime routine . I put all of us in Alpaca diapers instead of the normal ones we sleep in.

--> Fit:
The diapers fit all 3 of us well, with no gaps

--> Next Morning:
All 3 of did out normal morning routine, and took our showers about 2 hours after waking up. This is when I examined each diaper and talked to the ""children"" about how they felt about them.
Both me and the ""2 year old"" noted that the diaper swelled a LOT during the night, and became droopy as we walked around in the morning.

* My diaper did not leak. By the time I took my diaper off for shower time, it was hanging very low and would not offer any protection if my bladder voided while I was sitting down thanks to the very large gaps in the legs.

* The ""2 year old"" leaked into his diaper cover pretty badly.

* The ""7 year old"" had a big fecal accident as he was sitting up in bed. The diaper contained the mess very well and did not leak out the sides.

--> Assessment:
All 3 of us agreed that Alpaca diapers by Rearz make OK nighttime diapers, but none of us think they would hold up very well during the daytime when we are all physically active. They have a tendency to droop badly as they get wet .

** Misleading / False Advertising **

Rearz Alpaca Diaper Ad.jpg
I have a problem with the way Rearz marketed these diapers ... they made 2 claims that I find are false / misleading:

1: they claimed these diapers where very thick and fluffy .

2: they claimed that since they where so thick, only 10 would fit into a pack instead of the standard 12 .

The first claim they are very thick and fluffy can easily debunked by comparing Alpaca diapers to other Rearz diapers I have on-hand ...
Starting from the top: Violet Seduction - Dinosaur Elite - Barnyard - Alpaca - Safari - inControl
Rearz Alpaca Diaper Thickness Comparison  .JPG

The second claim that they could only fit 10 in a pack is very misleading ... Rearz is using smaller packs for the Alpaca diapers.
Starting from the left: inControl - Dinosaur Elite - Safari - Alpaca - Barnyard
Rearz Alpaca Diaper Pack Size Comparison  .JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: KidRyan, Flamoroo, DiscreetDL and 18 others
Really nice job on this review mate. Detailed everything that we pretty much need to know. They seem like fine diapers but I think I would stick to other ones that seem to hold up better.

• Love
Reactions: KidRyan, Mickeymic, Blathers and 1 other person
Damn you're spitting truth out there 😂 good job exposing their dirty lies. I would have never made that guess. you have so many different packs and diapers to compare them to, nobody else could have made that assumption without proper proof. 10/10

But I still like Rearz

Reactions: KidRyan, Flamoroo, lil_baby_tigger and 5 others
Figures they would use False Advertising

I would buy from them, but I cant support a business that does things like Rearz does

And not just once, they have had multiple "MisHaps" (if you want to call them that)

I would rather give my business to ABUniverse and Tykables, etc; than to pay Rearz for their products after the crap they have tried to pull on multiple occasions

Last edited:
Reactions: KidRyan, Lyokodl and KitsuneFox
Thank you for the review! These are pretty expensive diapers, so its nice to see a legit and very thorough review.

Reactions: KitsuneFox
I'm now hearing reports from others that Alpaca diapers have a tendency to leak during daytime use ... even when they are not very wet .

• Sad
Reactions: KidRyan, Blathers and (deleted member)
Amazing!
Thank you for that, i really like this review!

Hope some Admin sticks this into the Review Subforum,
because here it will be lost in time and its much too good to get lost.

Again thank you very much. You encouraged me to make a Review of
my own on Bunny Hopps or CB Preschools some day :)

Reactions: KidRyan, Lilpampy19 and KitsuneFox
I really love the dip it looks so cute <3 <3 <3 but I have been hearing that they dont hold up well which makes me kinda hesitant

Thanks for the info VERY TO THE POINT :p

Reactions: KitsuneFox
It does appear from the photo that it is not as thick as the Safari, probably somewhere around the dry thickness of the Barnyard. I wonder how would you rate its capacity in comparison with the Barnyard and Safari, since that's the only 2 Rearz products that I had tried before.

Love the designs on these: the green is very near the infamous Pampers green that's so recognisable to us littles - I like that a lot. Will definitely try them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: lil_baby_tigger
So just like tykables, I think the new rearz line of dinosaurs, barn yards, alpaca, and there new elite medical are all the same diaper cores, just some have prints and different tapes.
I really like the dinosaurs and barn yards, the outside plastic is buttery soft to me and they hold a good deal, with the dinosaurs I have both sizes, medium & larges, I enjoy the mediums during the daytime because the seem to hold tighter to my body without that huge diaper seat, for this reason the diaper absorbent material doesn't fall apart or bunch up and I'm pretty rough with my activities, the larges are great at night because of that diaper seat that forms, they hold a lot and are very form fitting for me, the leak guards hold pretty tight to my body and I have no issues with leaks, plus good wicking from front to back side.
It stinks that the alpaca's are reduced in the amount in a pack, to me this sounds like profits, same type of diaper core and performance, same price just 2 less diapers in a pack.

pampers4U said:
So just like tykables, I think the new rearz line of dinosaurs, barn yards, alpaca, and there new elite medical are all the same diaper cores, just some have prints and different tapes..
Their guy who posts here claimed they were a different core when I queried this exact thing.

Edit: here:
RearzJacob said:
Here is a full breakdown for you. Enjoy!

Lil Squirts - Splash & Lil' Monsters (Low Capacity - 3900ml)
Inspire Select (One Tape Diaper) - 4100ml
Inspire Original (Daytime capacity - 4930g - 4999g)
Rebel (Daytime capacity - 4906g - 5055g)
Safari/Princess Pink/Violet Seduction/Inspire+ (Nighttime capacity - 4864g - 5385g)
Alpaca (Nighttime plus capacity - 5300ml - 5800ml)
Barnyard/Dinosaur/Elite (Elite capacity - 4928g - 5435g)

Note: Capacities listed in ml are not lab tested capacities and may vary. These capacities are found by test performed by the factory, not by official labs. Capacities listed in g are tested in professional labs for accuracy.

Looks like Alpaca stands for "Alpaca couple fewer in the case for your money" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KidRyan, lil_baby_tigger, TigerDL and 2 others
RubberJin said:
Looks like Alpaca stands for "Alpaca couple fewer in the case for your money" :rolleyes:
Thanks, that was really helpful

you sure that is not just sizing bigger sized diapers have less diapers ,
however i did notice the lack of diapers remember when the skull cases was 72/count ,

i dont understand why many cases have to be so little amount , is it not the point to buy by the case to get allot for a long time and pay a fair price,

cases of 30? 36 ? 48 seriously!@? this is why i love abu 80 count

Reactions: BAP21 and KitsuneFox
guest said:
you sure that is not just sizing bigger sized diapers have less diapers ,
however i did notice the lack of diapers remember when the skull cases was 72/count ,

i dont understand why many cases have to be so little amount , is it not the point to buy by the case to get allot for a long time and pay a fair price,

cases of 30? 36 ? 48 seriously!@? this is why i love abu 80 count

For whatever reason every different diaper company has their own standards of how much fits in a Pack or a Case

I like ABUs cases of 80 personally, since I'm very on and off an 80 case lasts me months

Thanks for this review
I was inbetween decisions up them or another
Saved a bit of headache

Hugs

I personally feel that some of the Rearz nappies are far to wide in the crotch area, in that that they don't give you a tight seal around the legs allowing for leaks, had this issue with their Inspire original, I only did a few wettings and I got wet patches coming through my jeans near the legs.

I won't be purchasing these for sure, Rearz are expensive enough as it is, now that you only get 10 per pack this reeks of profit before customer.

Sorry Rearz you are going down in my ratings book.

Crinklesounds said:
I personally feel that some of the Rearz nappies are far to wide in the crotch area

Yep...I have this issue with the Safari. No matter how tight I get the waist, I can never get it to seal up well. There are plenty of other diapers I've tried that don't have that issue(megmax,crinklz,abenaL4)

Reactions: Crinklesounds
Thanks for this. Was looking forward to trying some when they reach the uk. May hold fire in them. But you've made me want to try their safaris instead though.

Back