Reading ADISC at work/school

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I'm IT/Internet director at the company I work for. I don't have a private office so I don't read ADISC at work I use my iPhone - what a pain. Do any of you read at work/school or do you wait until you get home?

M

Mako

No. Most schools and places of employment have some sort of monitor of internet browsing. The risk of getting caught is unneeded. Theres nothing on ADISC so important it can't wait for me.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sure. I read it all the time at school. Also, where I work is pretty laid back, and I really don't have any problem checking out the site from time to time. I don't see a big problem with it.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't care about checking it at work. I don't even care if I'm being monitored. I don't make it a habit even while I'm at home to read the more questionable topics on the site. I'd much rather stick with the general and off-topic stuff. There's nothing on this site that is really offensive and "fireable," so what the hell do I have to worry?

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
When I had Comp. Sys. Tech. in high school I was able to get on all the time, the site wasn't blocked.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Well, considering I am the one in charge of managing the computers at school, and I have access to an unfiltered internet connection (I can pretty much do whatever the other IT guys can, considering I have a job there repairing, formatting/cloning, and generally maintaining the computers and such), I could theoretically do it, but I just don't think it'd be in good, professional form to be here at my school/job (I work at my school.)

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I check it at work once or twice a night. No real filtering at work, but then again this is just a forum site for the most part so who cares if they see me looking at forums

Acecool

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, if you do end up doing this, I would recommend a portable browser, such as Firefox Portable from portableapps.com :)

I actually use the portable firefox on my desktop, and when I am in school, I take it with me because it has all of my settings that I am used to stored :)

Anon E. Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've read at school. Just on my laptop though. They still have filters and stuff...but this hasn't been flagged, and I don't really see it becoming a problem.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I check up on ADSIC and a few other less "normaly" accepted fourms at work all the time. I use my cellphone!

D

DominatingMommy

Sometimes I will get on the forums at work. I am normally on IRC during work. For the most part, I work in a 2 person office. I'm basically the "IT guy". And considering that I don't care what I look at, it's ok. :p

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm not in school anymore. An as fasr as work goes I'm moving way to much. Plus we only have 1 wearhouse PC. An we can only use it to look up product in overstock. An I have a very cheap phone so no internet on it.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Both at home and work. It used to be only at work when our one home computer was in our daughter's bedroom. Now I have my work computer in the basement, so I've got a measure of privacy at home. At work, they don't check up on you unless your supervisor suspects computer misuse and puts in a request with the IT dept. to monitor you. I only know of one person in the office they did that to, and he made himself pretty obvious about surfing the net too much on work time.

~Pramrider

Dude84

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I just browse on my cell phone. It solves a lot of problems.

Why would you want to do this?!

I have admittedly done so before, but unless you have at least a PDA style 'phone with a larger screen (and preferably, a laptop attached) it's a truely painful experience.

The design of this site does not fit a tiny 'phone screen at all, and looks hideous on many 'phones as they attempt to compensate and resize everything to fit.

Back to the subject however, I have done before. For a while [during my time at college] it was blocked under the "Adult: Sex" category, then unblocked for no reason.

Most of the time however, I just accessed it from my local browser remotely using a web-based SSH client (wasn't allowed to install a real SSH client, such as putty, on the college's systems).

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Why would you want to do this?!

I have admittedly done so before, but unless you have at least a PDA style 'phone with a larger screen (and preferably, a laptop attached) it's a truely painful experience.

The design of this site does not fit a tiny 'phone screen at all, and looks hideous on many 'phones as they attempt to compensate and resize everything to fit.

Back to the subject however, I have done before. For a while [during my time at college] it was blocked under the "Adult: Sex" category, then unblocked for no reason.

Most of the time however, I just accessed it from my local browser remotely using a web-based SSH client (wasn't allowed to install a real SSH client, such as putty, on the college's systems).

You need to get your paws on a modern, full screen, HTML equipped model. Sure, its no computer, but it gets the job done. I find I don't post as often when using the phone, as the touch screen keyboard gets old, but it does great as a browser.

Dude84

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
You need to get your paws on a modern, full screen, HTML equipped model. Sure, its no computer, but it gets the job done. I find I don't post as often when using the phone, as the touch screen keyboard gets old, but it does great as a browser.

Oh believe me, it manages html fine, roams quad-band style and is 3G enabled - it can even cope with audio-visual content and java, the screen is just oo small. While i've contemplated getting another 'phone as my current one keeps crashing lots [:-(] it's just not an affordable option at the moment.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would never browse from work. I used to, using Tor, but have since stopped because I moved to a different office, and they have a much tighter IT policy. I know the site isn't "bad" per se, but the last thing I need is some low level bureaucrat freaking the eff out and pushing the panic button. Then my supervisors get involved and frankly, If they didn't shitcan me, I'd probably die of embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.