Reactions when watching a diaper commercial, around others and alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
This thought crossed my mind: When watching a diaper ad, how do you reat, when you are with others and alone? When I am around my family, I pretend to ignore the ad, and start up a conversation. When I am alone, I watch it intently. How about you?

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
When with other people, I kind of ignore it...But it depends with who...If I'm with my mom who kinda knows, then it's awkward...If I'm alone, then I don't really pay attention to it either...Baby diapers aren't my thing as much, and I've only seen a Depends commercial once in my life

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Pretty much , same as Pojo said ...now if it was an abena or abri ad...then it might be different lol

B

Butterfly Mage

I usually ignore most commercials. When baby diaper commercials air, usually my thoughts are something like "I wish I could get really cute, highly absorbant diapers in my size that look like baby diapers".

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
This thought crossed my mind: When watching a diaper ad, how do you reat, when you are with others and alone? When I am around my family, I pretend to ignore the ad, and start up a conversation. Wen I am alone, I watch it intently. How about you?

I am about the same as you are. When I'm alone the ad gets my attention more than if there are others watching it with me. If I would say anything about the ad with others there it would only call attention to the fact that I am a bedwetter.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I almost always ignore diaper commercials, but they do always catch my attention.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
That reminds me i dunno when the last time i saw an ad with a baby wearing a diaper on it!! i bet it is now against the law or something...

but how i react, the same as i do whilst watching an ad for anything, glare over the screen waiting for the programme to start

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
Hmm... I tend to ignore it when others are around, but in my mind, I'm really nervous, as if they know and would say "You're just like that, Kate!"
But when I'm by myself, I usually think "I wish I was small enough to get a cute diaper like that"
--Honey-sempai

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Hmm... I tend to ignore it when others are around, but in my mind, I'm really nervous, as if they know and would say "You're just like that, Kate!"
But when I'm by myself, I usually think "I wish I was small enough to get a cute diaper like that"
--Honey-sempai

[font="Calibri,Arial"]Ditto[/font]

Role
  1. Private
I'm usually fine with TV ads, although that CSI episode was really awkward to sit through with the parents.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]@Lukie I've never actually seen that CSI episode. What happened in it? Also did your parents know when they watched it with you?[/font]

S

soren456

Pretty much , same as Pojo said ...now if it was an abena or abri ad...then it might be different lol

Ditto. I don't really connect with baby diaper ads.

But I do wish I could have been cast in a GoodNites or Underjams ad when I was that age. I'd have been teased for sure, but how many quiet little conversations would it have opened at school? The mind reels . . . .

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't find a torrent of that CSI Episode, I doubt it depicts us in a good light but I need to see it so I can know what all of these people are talking about.

Nothing happens, I feel the awkwardness but my parents NEVER mention diapers even though they know, they hate it and "will never allow it in our house," but they seem to forget after a month after I get caught.

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I imagine it's the same ackwardness that I have when anything related to gay comes on the TV.

It's just really ackward for me when my mom watches a movie that has gay characters. If I'm in the room, I usually get up and leave.

Mom knows I'm gay (and is cool with it) but it's just ... odd ... to deal with. I imagine it would be same for the DL thing.

Explosion713

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Well, no one in my family knows I'm a TBDL, so it's easier to take. I do try to ignore it and start up a random conversation, thinking the whole time that nobody knows and that I should stop worrying. When I'm watching them alone, I don't really mind, and usually forget about it by the next commercial.

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't really pay attention to diaper ads, since 99.9% of them are for baby diapers, but I do remember feeling VERY akward when I was watching the Mythbusters at the kitchen table with my Grandpa, and Adam was wearing a pullup on TV when they were trying to find the "brown note"

I'm glad we were eating. I just tried to pay attention to my food.

Left

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
I try to ingnore them and look like its stupid when other ppl are around
and when alone i love them =)

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
This thought crossed my mind: When watching a diaper ad, how do you reat, when you are with others and alone? When I am around my family, I pretend to ignore the ad, and start up a conversation. When I am alone, I watch it intently. How about you?

That sounds about right, except when a diaper commercial comes on when I am with people that are aware of my like for diapers (my parents or my best friend), in which case it can be a little awkward. I can't say I watch diaper commercials too intently on my own either, but they do often catch my attention and I certainly watch them closer than the majority of commercials.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I don't really watch tv, so I don't really have a run in with this issue.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I feel slightly self conscious when watching a diaper commercial with others around and try not to make a big deal out of it the funny thing is a lot of my friends if you sal live and learn they reply then get luvs none of them are even remotely into diapers but it is funny how they have been influenced by a diaper commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.