Re: Vomiting Blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shybug said:
Well guys and girls, I may have good news, turns out I should be fine, most likely a stomach ulcer.

A stomach ulcer is very serious as it's something that can kill you. You should be on a special diet and absolutely no alcohol. I wasn't even allowed anything with caffeine for several years. What did your doctor tell you about diet and taking care of yourself? If he didn't say anything, he's a quack and you should see a doctor who knows what he's doing. Remember that I technically died when I had my bleeding ulcer. Please take care of yourself.

dogboy said:
A stomach ulcer is very serious as it's something that can kill you. You should be on a special diet and absolutely no alcohol. I wasn't even allowed anything with caffeine for several years. What did your doctor tell you about diet and taking care of yourself? If he didn't say anything, he's a quack and you should see a doctor who knows what he's doing. Remember that I technically died when I had my bleeding ulcer. Please take care of yourself.

I didn't know if I should say anything, but this is also a symptom of stomach/bowel cancer. At your age, with no previous issues, I imagine that this is probably unlikely... but I'm not a doctor... and yeah... As dogboy says, this isn't something to ignore...

Hugs & best wishes... :)

dogboy said:

Well something I would like to point out is you are over reacting a tad bit due to your own experience. Having a stomach ulcer, while yes can be fatal. That is only if you don't take care of it and don't go through proper treatment as soon as possible, which Shybug has. This goes for almost everything though. Even a small infection can kill you if you leave it and don't take care of it.

We already know Shybug is seeing a doctor. Let them do their job. No use trying to scare Shybug about things we don't know. Making assumptions about the doctor just because Shybug said she should be fine. To some people, it being a stomach ulcer is good news because it's loads better than something worse that is life threatening even with treatment. The good thing about stomach ulcers is it's fixable.

Marka said:
We generally do take things to the side of caution... particularly when we have no way of knowing the actual assessment diagnosis or prognosis...

I would rather have Shybug (or anyone) a bit more prompted than a bit too relaxed...

dogboy is understandably concerned, based on his own experience... also, coffee ground emesis, is indicative of serious problems...

Also, sometimes a Doctor's care and advice, is based on the presenting symptoms and what they were told... quack or not, things are easily overlooked...

And, further testing or procedure may not have been indicated at that time... yet, what do we really know from this side of the screen... nothing!

I believe that erring on the side of caution, is still the more proper default here...

-Marka

Well considering I nor non of us here are really doctors, I tend to leave things up to the actual doctors. Talking about things like death ... I believe is unwarranted at the moment because the purpose here isn't to scare anyone into thinking their condition could be far worse than they think. I just find the reaction should be taken down a notch till we know more.

I'm literally fine, had some tests done, came back fine, my pain is completely gone, I can eat normally, haven't vomited out blood or anything, I've been fine for over a week now.

I'm on medication for stomach ulcers, it seems to have done the job, had some "minor" side effects from it (diarrhea, vomiting) which cleared up after a day was caused by me not eating anything. went away after eating normally, drank too much water, didn't eat enough.

That being said I'll be fine, I'm not dying, and it doesn't seem to be anything "too serious" going on. I'm not going to die or randomly drop dead, it doesn't seem to be too serious at the moment. I'll seriously be fine. (I just have to keep my eye on things and rest)

Yes it's serious, but not serious enough to be fatal, if that makes some sense? That being said I was also most likely suffering heat exhaustion as well (due to this room) which wouldn't of helped with the vomiting aspect.

That being said, if I drink alcohol that is too strong, I'll vomit like crazy, but because of that I don't drink too often, and usually keep with drinks that are weak, like curizers

(I should mention, I'm going by what my doctor has told me) It's not serious enough to kill me, just want to clear the air, It was most likely the food I ate caused me to vomit out black/brown vomit, and most likely wasn't blood. I was also suffering heat exhaustion which didn't do me justice.

The little bits of blood in my vomit was most likely caused by tearing something while vomiting so much, can't remember what it was called.

It's nothing fatal, so relax :p I'm not going to die, I'm literally fine.

Last edited:
Marka said:
By the nature of this communication; we will never actually know more... or anything at all really...

The point that I was getting at - is precisely, that we are not doctors (or, even if we are)... we don't know what did or didn't happen period...

I'll iterate that dogboy made it clear that he was coming from his own experience not, as a scare tactic yet, a real fear of his own...

When we add that to everything else that Shybug seems to be going through... and, Shybug's own statements of potential peril...

The reply of "Well guys and girls, I may have good news, turns out I should be fine, most likely a stomach ulcer. comes across as both tentative and a bit lackadaisical... spurring at least as much, more concern, as it does relief... It's still not anything to futz around with in principle

Death, is always warranted... it is, as inevitable as life; in-fact, I believe that it is the distinction of life... That we do and will die at some point...

From our side of the computer screens; we would like to prompt longevity over early avoidable death or other serious harm...

Yet, frankly... considering that someone is seeking some sort of counsel or comfort, on an internet forum - where life and death matters, may be at hand... one is quite right to be more scared than not! The respondents too, are quite right, to be more scared than not... (I know that I was)...

Saying nothing to Shybug's credibility... We don't even know what we have been told... we only know what was said... and, that's often subject to interpretation too...

If you and/or Shybug (or anyone else), garnered additional angst, form our responses - it still does not negate the importance of the potential situation...

You are welcome to feel as you do... I don't see that you have an actual case against the elevated response which, I believe is both warranted and justifiable...

A little more angst... isn't likely to kill anyone - not being adequately motivated to attenuate potential lethal issues... may become lethal...

Even though, it may have been a fearful response - I don't see that it was abject fear mongering... I stand behind dogboy's concerns...

-Marka

- - - Updated - - -

Good! Do they know what caused the ulcer in the first place?

I'm actually not too sure, I'm not on anti-biotics, so it doesn't appear to be caused by bacteria (Helicobacter pylori)

(That being said I most likely had it for years and not noticed until I went to the doctor about it) I do have problems eating a lot, and haven't put on too much weight the last couple years.

I don't actually know for sure what caused it as the doctors don't seem to know yet, all I know is it's not fatal enough to kill me, but I have to keep my eye "on my body" and it was most likely something I had for years without knowing.

brabbit1987 said:
Well something I would like to point out is you are over reacting a tad bit due to your own experience. Having a stomach ulcer, while yes can be fatal. That is only if you don't take care of it and don't go through proper treatment as soon as possible, which Shybug has. This goes for almost everything though. Even a small infection can kill you if you leave it and don't take care of it.

We already know Shybug is seeing a doctor. Let them do their job. No use trying to scare Shybug about things we don't know. Making assumptions about the doctor just because Shybug said she should be fine. To some people, it being a stomach ulcer is good news because it's loads better than something worse that is life threatening even with treatment. The good thing about stomach ulcers is it's fixable.

I sure don't know why you're on my case. The first PM I chose to be polite and ignore. I am medically trained through UVA medical university. I do happen to know what I'm talking about. What's your medical training. I'm certified in wound care and kidney dialysis and I have the medical certificate to prove it. I've also had years of medical training. What have you accomplished in the medical field. This may come as a surprise, but you are not right about everything under the sun. In fact, how is life going for you so far. I've had it with you, so get off my back.

dogboy said:
I sure don't know why you're on my case.
I am not really on your case at all. I am not actually doing much of anything different than what I normally do. I offer up my opinion because it's a public forum.

The first PM I chose to be polite and ignore.
The pm I sent you a few days ago was an entirely separate matter and did a pm cause it's off topic. No idea why you felt the need to mention it here.

Edit: Also, no idea why you would feel the need to be "polite and ignore it." It wasn't even a bad pm or anything x.x, at least not from my perspective.

I am medically trained through UVA medical university. I do happen to know what I'm talking about. What's your medical training. I'm certified in wound care and kidney dialysis and I have the medical certificate to prove it. I've also had years of medical training. What have you accomplished in the medical field.
Point out anything I have said that is actually wrong because nothing I actually stated requires any medical knowledge. Literally my entire comment was about how you are overreacting which doesn't require any sort of medical education to point out. Also .. let me ask you something. What about the doctors medical knowledge and training? the one Shybug is going to? You seemed pretty quick to write them off based on Shybug's comment. So is your medical education more important than theirs? I mean here you are stating about how you know this stuff because you are in the medical field, but I got news for you, so is Shybug's doctor. In fact, Shybug's doctor actually has access to Shybug directly. Meaning if any doctor knows better, it's the one who has direct access to the patient.

Again, point out exactly where I am wrong on this?

This may come as a surprise, but you are not right about everything under the sun.
Never said I was. Also, I think you are taking my post a little too personal to be honest. It was never meant to be an attack on you, just so you are aware.

In fact, how is life going for you so far.
Is this suppose to be some sort of insult at me? I am not sure exactly what it is you are trying to say with this comment. You already are fully well aware of how my life is going, and are fully well aware of the cause of it. So, what is your point?

I've had it with you, so get off my back.
You do realize I didn't actually do anything to you right? I think the issue here isn't that I did anything wrong, you just didn't like what I had to say.

Last edited:
I checked back into the hospital and. Plan on going to a long term rehab facility after I detox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back