Re-use a wet nappy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Southstuart

Is it a good idea to put back on a wet nappy from earlier, i took it of because i had people round but think it still has another wetting in it. Has anyone tried this?

scott476

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If you took it off, then the SAP have been activated to the exposed environment and will no longer be able to absorb anymore. You could put it back on, but it will not be able to absorb any additional liquids.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I didn't know that could happen since air can get in nappies whilst you wear them. I have put a used nappy back on in the past and it held another wetting.

S

Southstuart

I've put it back on now, it felt a little cold and funny between my legs. I might see in the morning if you're right scott! That's an interesting idea.

Akastus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Several times. There is no impact on the absorption, but there may be an impact on the fit, especially the leak guards. There have been a few occasions when I have removed a slightly wet Space or Little Pawz in order to go #2, and I have not had any problems when putting it back on.

S

Southstuart

This is a libero night comfort, like a youth pull up so i think it held its shape ok. Hopefully!

wackoreese

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Several times. There is no impact on the absorption, but there may be an impact on the fit, especially the leak guards. There have been a few occasions when I have removed a slightly wet Space or Little Pawz in order to go #2, and I have not had any problems when putting it back on.

I don't think so. I've done this a few times and never had a problem of it not absorbing anymore.

CYBERWOLF

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
What's you really need to worry about is microbes and fungi growing on the nappy, and then applying that to your crotch.

Practice good hygiene, otherwise you'll get a rash.

MickeyM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I've put a wet diaper back on a few times. Though, I'm talking an hour or two between. Its cold when I put it back on, which is not nice. But if you wait too long then it begins to be more filed with bacteria, which then it become too ucky. Time to put a clean diaper on.

Crinklebuttt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I've put slightly wet diapers on from the day before just to do my morning business in them before I shower. I like to get maximum usage out of them before they hit the dumpster. As a previous post mentioned you don't want to stay in it very long.

Abenalover

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I rather like the feeling of putting on a diaper that I had wet and taken off an hour or two earlier. It feels sort of cold and clammy, but also heavy, wet and bulky. And after peeing in it again it seems to come back toward body temperature fairly soon.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I have done this before with what I think might have been only 20% used and I had to run out unexpectedly and then came back a few hours later. Can't say I really enjoyed the experience of putting on a cold wet nappy and I was concerned about wearing something that had time to start building up additional bacteria but I lived to tell the tale with no skin infection and yeah definitely better for my carbon footprint but I would hate to do it very often.

reddebtew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have re-used a diaper before , once i had a Bambino it only was wet in the front, so i took it off, and reversed it, to use the back,a couple of times I had to go someplace, so i took a partly wet one off, came back a few hours later, and finished it, but I think it also depends on the brand, some have deodorizing and some don't, as said before, the bacteria can start growing, :confused::sweatdrop:

Barnboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have re-worn many a time if using a high capacity diaper. The key is to be sure not to allow it to stretch or move too much to prevent clumping or from breaking down proper coverage. I also have tried putting the diaper in the microwave for about 20 seconds depending on the wetness. Not only does this bring the temperature up to a nice warm feeling again, but it likely will kill some of the possible bacteria that may have started to form. I would not let the lightly used diaper sit for more than a few hours, but I have done this on many occasions with no ill effect to myself or the diaper.

S

Southstuart

I'd never have thought about putting it in a microwave! But if you say it works..

Barnboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'd never have thought about putting it in a microwave! But if you say it works..

Just experiment a little. Too long can melt or damage the diaper. Your time will vary depending on thickness of the diaper, how much you used it and the power of the microwave. Mine is a rather old one that is not as powerful as a new one, so I have never gone to the point of damaging it. You also don't want to burn yourself down their either, so do use some caution and common sense when trying this.

ST50

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
If I take my nappy off to go number 2 I always re use it unless it is completely soaked.

CYBERWOLF

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Just experiment a little. Too long can melt or damage the diaper. Your time will vary depending on thickness of the diaper, how much you used it and the power of the microwave. Mine is a rather old one that is not as powerful as a new one, so I have never gone to the point of damaging it. You also don't want to burn yourself down their either, so do use some caution and common sense when trying this.

I can't help but cringe. Bacteria need a prolonged high temperature to be properly killed. Technically it's 120F, technically its for a minute, and technically 120F will melt your skin off. So microwaving won't do much for odor control, hygiene or rash prevention.

I do understand reusing as the second step of conservation. (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) However, it's not my cup of tea. If it's yours, I recommend proper hygiene, not microwave ovens.

BuffedBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
If I take my nappy off to go number 2 I always re use it unless it is completely soaked.

I do this sometimes as well. I'll take off my Northshore Supreme if I've wet it once and then put it back on after using the toilet for that. Funny thing is it seems to fit better when wet and retaped. Feels good nonetheless and I can wet 2 or three more times in it.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other

will I cart afford to wast them ether. mine stay on until it is time for a change.

even though I love the feeling of a nice dry diaper on we after I have changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.