• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Re-introduction

FormerlyAnxious

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
"Who are you?" (Who, who, who, who?)
I'm returning here after a long absence. I've updated my name (I was previously just "Anxious") as that handle seemed a bit dated. I'm still anxious (sometimes), but certainly won't go calling myself that! I was seriously ill for many years, so occupations (career, schooling etc) seem like a distant memory, but I'm re-connecting with the world, building confidence that health will continue to improve, and I'm now feeling more like myself again.

"What brings you here?"
I'm a DL; it was out of my life for many years ("thankfully") but I think it was mostly obliterated by medications and illness, so it is a positive sign that it's back in my head, even if I find that extremely uncomfortable.

"What are your other interests?"
Too many to mention, and I fear that the specifics would identify me to those that might know me.
I love music (ancient, modern and everything in between). I enjoy cinema (arty stuff or more mainstream). I love nature and being outdoors. I've friends and family that I love, and I cherish interesting interactions with strangers too.

What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?
I'm looking for understanding (of myself) and solidarity. I struggle with self-criticism and self-hatred, and a lot of it is centred around my gender, self-image and this particular preoccupation. I'm much more accepting now (life is short), but that acceptance comes and goes, so I'm trying to find better ways of keeping things in balance. So, yeah, I'm after support and empathy, and would like to contribute what I can too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink, lilithra, Milianna and 2 others

LUV

(L)iving (U)pper (V)alley
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Welcome back,

Reactions: FormerlyAnxious

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Welcome, @FormerlyAnxious. I hope this username remains applicable for years to come! I'm glad to hear that your illness is fading into the past, even if it comes with a renewed interest in diapers. Perhaps if you're able to hang here for a bit, you'll find that less bothersome. I've definitely found it helpful to spend time in the (virtual) company of others who manage to lead (mostly) normal lives while also nurturing a "little" side, and/or an interest in wearing diapers.

I love the outdoors as well, but tend to enjoy less of them at this time of year. My indoor adventures land primarily in the technology realm, both professionally and while hobbying. Basically I'm a geek/nerd, and proud of it :) I don't exactly attach any pride to ABDL, but I suppose I am proud of myself for working out how to embrace it, because that's certainly cleared my head and made me more able to pursue the interests of my choosing. That's been an adventure, but a very worthwhile one. I wish you the best on yours!

Hope to hear more from you around the forums.

PS: I would normally "Like" a good (re-)introduction, but that feature is presently disabled. (Yay! It's back.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kittyinpink, FormerlyAnxious, lilithra and 1 other person

Ali123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
Welcome back. I do hope you find what you’re looking for, and if I can help you find it then do please let me know.

Reactions: Kittyinpink and FormerlyAnxious

LilPaddedBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I have also dealt with self-acceptance and self-criticism in the past, as have a lot of people on here I'm sure. For me the freedom of being out on my own with my own place really helped me to embrace my AB/DL side, and discover my inner little. Now I am much more accepting of myself and I am happier for it! I have only been on this site for a week but so far it seems to be filled with a lot of great people. It's nice to open up to like-minded individuals, seek guidance, and share experiences. Hopefully in time you'll be able to accept yourself for who you are and realize there's nothing wrong with you, you're just unique in your own way! :)

Reactions: Kittyinpink, FormerlyAnxious, lilithra and 1 other person

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hello and welcome back!

Reactions: FormerlyAnxious

lilithra

Fluffy Kitsune 3 Tails
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
FormerlyAnxious said:
I'm returning here after a long absence. I've updated my name (I was previously just "Anxious") as that handle seemed a bit dated. I'm still anxious (sometimes), but certainly won't go calling myself that! I was seriously ill for many years, so occupations (career, schooling etc) seem like a distant memory, but I'm re-connecting with the world, building confidence that health will continue to improve, and I'm now feeling more like myself again.

"What brings you here?"
I'm a DL; it was out of my life for many years ("thankfully") but I think it was mostly obliterated by medications and illness, so it is a positive sign that it's back in my head, even if I find that extremely uncomfortable.

Too many to mention, and I fear that the specifics would identify me to those that might know me.
I love music (ancient, modern and everything in between). I enjoy cinema (arty stuff or more mainstream). I love nature and being outdoors. I've friends and family that I love, and I cherish interesting interactions with strangers too.

I'm looking for understanding (of myself) and solidarity. I struggle with self-criticism and self-hatred, and a lot of it is centred around my gender, self-image and this particular preoccupation. I'm much more accepting now (life is short), but that acceptance comes and goes, so I'm trying to find better ways of keeping things in balance. So, yeah, I'm after support and empathy, and would like to contribute what I can too.
Hi and welcome back.

I can identify myself as you described your "Anxious" to "Formerlyanxious" process. In my case, dealing with a deep depression of hating the world and myself to the point of selfharm. A transition and several years later, ocupations are just very distant. I survived because of my family and working as freelance for people that I already knew.

If you want to have hugs and someone to talk, I can give you all of that. 🤗

Reactions: Kittyinpink and FormerlyAnxious

FormerlyAnxious

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thank you for your warm re-welcoming messages! Wasn't sure how to reply to all (together), so I hope that this'll do.
I feel strange engaging with these trains of thought even in my own head, but meeting such understanding and empathy is heartening. I appreciate your encouragement and shared stories.

Reactions: LePew, Kittyinpink and lilithra

FormerlyAnxious

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
lilithra said:
Hi and welcome back.

I can identify myself as you described your "Anxious" to "Formerlyanxious" process. In my case, dealing with a deep depression of hating the world and myself to the point of selfharm. A transition and several years later, ocupations are just very distant. I survived because of my family and working as freelance for people that I already knew.

If you want to have hugs and someone to talk, I can give you all of that. 🤗
I appreciate your candour in sharing your struggles; I can relate to a lot of what you said.
I'm finding that radical acceptance (it just is what it is: that is the starting point) is helping me to reduce engagement with self-criticism and self-hatred... What do judgements, recriminations, or denials get me? I think that finding my DL tendencies unacceptable and scary underlies a lot of my other struggles and maladaptive efforts to control my experiences, which has snowballed into decades of pain far removed from just DL pursuit or avoidance. Other contributing factors for sure, but I suspect that it is quite foundational.
I'm hoping that being more open to it will help me find more balance. Community and contact seems like steps in the right direction!
Thank you lilithra

Reactions: lilithra and Kittyinpink

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
FormerlyAnxious said:

"What brings you here?"

Welcome back. 😊
You have come to the right place for learning self acceptance.
I look forward to chatting with you on various subjects! 😊

Reactions: FormerlyAnxious and lilithra