Rare and Ironic Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAaron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So, I was sitting in the library today at my University, when to my great surprise a group of people sitting at a table near me started talking about. . . .you guessed it . . .adult babies.

It was not just a casual conversation either, they were having a full blown academic debate on the topic. Little did they know, someone like me was sitting only a couple tables away, padded purely for convienence, and could have answered, or at least given my opinion, on a few of their points.

However, I remained silent and laughed to myself at the irony of what transpired. We AB/DLs usually fear what the people we know may think about even mentioning the topic, yet these people had a discussion about it in a public place, where I am sure others besides myself heard them.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Interesting. In which way was the conversation going, accepting or ugly?

LittleAaron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Neither really . . .pretty much purely facts on the "condition" and common arguments for and against it.

They were academic and professional about it, perhaps as a subject for a speech/debate class, maybe even for some psych class, idk. One introduced the topic with a brief explanation. The other asked questions, sometimes making a comment, while the first responded.

I did not catch all of it, as I could not hear them real well and did not want to draw attention to myself.

aviationchild

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
When other people start talking about ABDL or diaper related subjects I always feel a bit awkward and self-conscious, as if other people are somehow looking at me. I usually just keep to myself as I don't want to unnecessary attention to myself.

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Wow, that is pretty unique. If you were somewhere near the psych department or maybe where they have a humanities class, I would guess that they were all told to get in groups and debate a topic.

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
What I would do in this situation, walk in the opposite direction; What I want others to do in this situation, sit down at the table and join in the conversation.

GoldenHoneyMummy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
So, I was sitting in the library today at my University, when to my great surprise a group of people sitting at a table near me started talking about. . . .you guessed it . . .adult babies.

It was not just a casual conversation either, they were having a full blown academic debate on the topic. Little did they know, someone like me was sitting only a couple tables away, padded purely for convienence, and could have answered, or at least given my opinion, on a few of their points.

However, I remained silent and laughed to myself at the irony of what transpired. We AB/DLs usually fear what the people we know may think about even mentioning the topic, yet these people had a discussion about it in a public place, where I am sure others besides myself heard them.

Hi LittleAaron,
I believe opportunities come our way in life & we either choose to participate in the experience or not. I personally would have joined the conversation & bounced off their ideas. I would not have divulged any personal information on my own private lifestyle within the Ab/ Dl community but I would have shared what I have learnt from my own personal experiences. Its not everyday we get to participate in such an experience, outside the Ab/ Dl community. Certainly an interesting day for you which I am sure you would not have expected when you woke up this morning :giggles: :cloud9:

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I have been around groups of people and heard people talk about at my college. I have found that most of them laugh at it, make fun of it and they voice extreme displeasure against it. Whenever it comes up I stay quiet and say nothing about it. The whole time I'm thinking how different would they treat me if they somehow knew I was an adult baby. So I keep quiet and I don't tell anybody.

Indianajones

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I was around when a couple of my friends from 6th form started to watch the Riley Kilo episode on "My Strange Addiction"...it was a little strange to be a couple meters away whilst they were commenting on it (as far as I remember, they didn't actually say anything negative - it was more like "oh, so people do this then? Okay, fine")

Does that count?

.....pwease? :p

LittleAaron

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi LittleAaron,
I believe opportunities come our way in life & we either choose to participate in the experience or not. I personally would have joined the conversation & bounced off their ideas. I would not have divulged any personal information on my own private lifestyle within the Ab/ Dl community but I would have shared what I have learnt from my own personal experiences. Its not everyday we get to participate in such an experience, outside the Ab/ Dl community. Certainly an interesting day for you which I am sure you would not have expected when you woke up this morning :giggles: :cloud9:

This was definetly not the right time to share my interests.

In fact, I never want the general public to know about my interests. They do not need to know, and I certainly have no reason for them to "accept" me. I do not even want my family to know. I know for a fact that it would make life extremely awkward and uncomfortable if they did know.

I am a diaper lover that believes in using diapers for practical reasons. Although open to a few other baby-like comforts, I have not explored further yet. The only thing people need to think or believe, should they find out I am or have worn a diaper, is that it is for a medical reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.