Raquel's Only Wish — 2nd Edition

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone! :)

Like I posted in the original thread, I think it's time for me to go back and revise the earlier chapters of this story before moving forward. And since this forum doesn't allow editing of the original chapters, this seemed like the best way to do it.

For new readers:

This may be the second edition, but there's no reason to go back and read previous versions of the story. This will be the new current version and will include all of the content the previous version had plus more.

For returning readers:

Although I'm making a lot of changes to all the chapters, it won't be absolutely neccessary to re-read all of the chapters in order to keep up with the new ones. However, if a revised chapter does include new content that's vital to the story, I'll make an announcement at the top of the post. That way you can choose which new chapters to read if you don't want to re-read them all. :)

And as always, I'd love to hear feedback from both new readers and returning readers. :)

CHAPTER 1

The sun had only just begun rising over the open ocean as a bright yellow Pontiac Grand Prix came racing through the winding shores of the South Carolina coast line. The car glimmered bright in the morning sunlight like a shooting star making its way through the night sky. Raquel Hernandez sat in the back of the car, safely secured in her car seat. The young girl was exhausted from what seemed like countless hours of driving. She had never been one to fall asleep during long car rides, especially in times of great anxiety such as this¬—Raquel and her father were in a strange place, far away from their home in Puerto Rico

The car finally came to a screeching halt outside of an old, rundown motel that sat on the outskirts of town. Although it was hidden from her sight, Raquel could still hear the sound of her father loading a handgun in the front seat. It was a sound that she knew all too well and it was easily enough to send a wave of chills surging across her body. Even at the young, naive age of seven, she knew the reason they were here. She knew that her father held a grudge and would go to any lengths to get revenge on the men who killed her mother.

“Papi, por favor no te vayas!” Raquel yelled in Spanish in a final attempt to change her fathers mind. All she wanted was to leave this place—to forget about the men in that room and to go back home.

Reluctantly, he turned around to look into his daughters emerald green eyes, “Lo siento, tengo que mija.”

Knowing there was nothing she could do or say to change his mind, she simply sighed and shook her head.

Her father leaned into the backseat of the car and kissed her on the forehead, “Vuelvo en seguida, te prometo”.

Raquel could do nothing but watch as he turned away, intently walking towards the motel room. The poor girl could feel her whole body shaking—she was more terrified in this moment than she had been in her entire life. Only a week ago, she had lost her mother. She couldn’t bear the thought of losing her father too—he was the only family she had left in the entire world.

As her father moved closer to the motel room, he discovered that the door was already open a crack. Suspicious, he drew his weapon and slowly let himself inside. Only a short moment of silence passed until Raquel was startled by the sounds of sirens closing in all around her. Multiple American police officers were surrounding the building and pointing their guns directly at the room that her father was inside of, “Police! Come out slowly with your hands your hands where we can see them!” they demanded.

The door of the motel room opened again and her father stepped out with his hands held high above his head. Raquel now had a direct line of sight into the room, which revealed two dead bodies lying across the bed.

As the police patted down her father, he began protesting— in English this time—that he was innocent, but they weren’t listening. Raquel watched as they slammed him face down on the front of his own car and proceeded to handcuff him violently.

She started to cry, unable to move, unable to believe this was happening.
“Papi! No!”

Raquel’s eyes shot open; her pulse was racing as she awoke from a deep sleep, realizing that it was all just a dream. She propped herself up in her bed, breathing hard and covered in sweat.

A bad dream, she told herself.

But she couldn’t pretend it was only a dream—it was a memory. It had actually happened. Eight years ago, her father had hauled away in front of her and she never saw him again.

As her mind slowly shifted back to reality, she turned to look at the alarm clock on her nightstand and realized that it was only 6:00 AM. Not that it mattered—there was no way she could go back to sleep after such a vivid dream. She didn’t even need to feel the front of her diaper to tell that it had been recently wet, as it was still warm and clinging tight to her skin. The teenage girl sighed, swung her legs over the side of the bed and let her eyes adjust to the morning sunlight that came piercing through her half-open curtains to illuminate her bedroom.

Over the years, she had gotten used to the feeling of waking up wet, but that never stopped her from feeling disappointed in herself. It didn’t help that every doctor she’d ever been to over the years had told that her she was completely healthy and that her bedwetting was most likely psychological, not uncommon with foster kids who had lost their parents. That didn’t make her feel better—it would have been so much easier to believe that it was a medical problem completely out of her control.

Her train of thought was interrupted by a soft knock on her bedroom door. “Raquel, are you up yet honey?” came the voice of her foster mother, Jennifer.

That’s right! She remembered. Today was the first day of her sophomore year of high school. More importantly, it was the day of cheerleading try-outs. “Uh-huh, I’ll be right out!” Raquel hollered sharply, feeling herself spring back to life.

She grabbed her bathroom and made her way to the bathroom at the end of the hall. There, she disposed of her very wet diaper.

Raquel stepped into the shower, still drowsy but eager to freshen up. The hot water ran down her back and washed away the sweat from her medium length, dark brown hair, but it could not wash away her memories as easily. Nothing could wash away that traumatic experience that had robbed her of her childhood and forced her to grow up so quickly. Nothing could wash away years of moving between foster homes—places where she was neither loved nor wanted.

All she could do was focus her thoughts on the busy day she had ahead of her. While her hair was still drying, she decided to put a little bit of make-up on. She didn’t typically wear a lot—if any—unlike most girls in high school she felt fairly comfortable just as she was. But of course there were exceptions like today. In addition to trying out for the cheerleading squad, she wanted to look her absolute best for her crush, who she hadn’t seen in-person for over a month.

She went over to her closet to get dressed and picked out a knee-length burgundy plaid skirt, followed by her favorite white cardigan. Last but not least, she opened the top drawer of her dresser to reveal a package of absorbent store brand diapers that she wore at night, and a package of much more discreet Goodnites that she wore during the day. Raquel grabbed one of the Goodnites and pulled it up under her skirt. Her daytime accidents were far less frequent then her night accidents, so she always reminded herself that wearing protection to school was more of a precaution than a necessity.

Once she was finished getting dressed, she took one last look at herself in the mirror. At 5’2", she was fairly short, but also in good shape because she spent a good portion of her time dancing. Raquel’s birth mother had been a dance instructor and naturally began teaching her daughter at a young age back in her hometown of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Raquel still practiced regularly on her own at a local dance studio in her new home in here in South Carolina.

Finally satisfied that she was ready, Raquel went downstairs, kissed her foster mother goodbye, and headed out the door to walk to school. She was both excited and nervous for the day ahead of her…

Orcaway

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So your going to edit every chapter and re-write it before moving forward and writing more?

You must like torturing us huh.

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So your going to edit every chapter and re-write it before moving forward and writing more?

You must like torturing us huh.
lol I'm a big fan of George RR Martin so maybe he rubbed off on me? :p

Honestly though, what I believe happens to a lot of fiction writers—especially professionals who need to worry about deadlines—is that they get so caught up in writing new content, they start to lose perspective of what the story was about in the first place. While good writers think about the entire story as a whole. I'm trying to make sure I fall into the latter category. :) Also, there are a lot of things I need to add to the earlier chapters in order for the new chapters I've written to fit into the story.

The good news is that I should be able to do my re-writing fairly fast. And like I said before, I'll notify everyone if a revised chapter has a lot of new content.

Orcaway

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
lol I'm a big fan of George RR Martin so maybe he rubbed off on me? :p

Honestly though, what I believe happens to a lot of fiction writers—especially professionals who need to worry about deadlines—is that they get so caught up in writing new content, they start to lose perspective of what the story was about in the first place. While good writers think about the entire story as a whole. I'm trying to make sure I fall into the latter category. :) Also, there are a lot of things I need to add to the earlier chapters in order for the new chapters I've written to fit into the story.

The good news is that I should be able to do my re-writing fairly fast. And like I said before, I'll notify everyone if a revised chapter has a lot of new content.

Thats good, as long as revisiting chapters and doesn't include killing them off!

Zenka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Just try to stay away from weddings okay? Those never turn out good in fiction.... *eyeballs G.R.R Martin* So i like this idea of a new thread a lot, allthough you managed to fuse almost 2 entire chapters into a single one, but i will be waiting with anticipation. I look forward to see your new stuff

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just try to stay away from weddings okay? Those never turn out good in fiction.... *eyeballs G.R.R Martin* So i like this idea of a new thread a lot, allthough you managed to fuse almost 2 entire chapters into a single one, but i will be waiting with anticipation. I look forward to see your new stuff
Thank you. :) And yes, a lot of people said the original beginning was one of the weakest chapters, while the first flashback was one of the strongest so it seemed like a better way to start things off. I'm also trying to combine some chapters this time around to make to elimimate fillers and have an order more logical than "what I happened to write that day."

Hopefully it worked. :)

Zenka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Ah, i see. I am still impressed by your dedication to this storyline, i myself have a very short attention span, so i tend to fall out a bit when i am writing. Hope to see the next chapter soon

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
CHAPTER 2

Raquel enjoyed walking to school versus taking the bus whenever she could—although it wasn’t always practical on days when it rained or snowed—warm September mornings like today were a perfect opportunity for her to clear her head and focus on the day ahead of her. She had only been forced to take the bus on a handful of occasions in her freshmen year and those were certainly not pleasant experiences. Her neighborhood consisted mostly of upperclassmen, including what seemed like half of her school’s varsity football team; some of the most loud, vile and immature people she’d ever had the misfortune of being trapped with.

Madison High School was an average sized suburban school with approximately 2,000 students. The building itself was fairly ordinary and sat just off of a busy avenue on the east side of town. Raquel had almost forgotten just how chaotic the first day could be. To her utter dismay, she hadn’t grown any taller over the summer and was once again finding herself overlooked—practically trampled—in the stampedes of confused freshmen looking for their classes and the swaggering upperclassmen who seemed to roam around the halls around without a care in the world.

Once she became situated in her first class, the next few hours of the school day went by fairly smoothly and uneventful. It was almost lunchtime now and she was sitting in her Algebra class, tapping her pencil and literally counting down the minutes before this class was over. She had yet to see her crush all day, or any of her other friends for that matter. Naturally, this only made her more anxious to leave.

She was quite proud of the fact that she had succeeded in keeping her diaper dry for the entire morning without so much as a close call. She fully intended to keep it that way for the rest of the day. Whenever Raquel was out in public, she always followed the same basic strategy to remain accident free: use the restroom at every possible opportunity. She always reminded herself that her bedwetting was something that couldn’t be helped. But during the day, she was in control. Her Goodnites were really nothing more than a precaution. Of course, she still packed a spare one in a secret compartment of her backpac for the rare occasion that she did have an accident.

Lost in her daydreaming, the sound of the bell actually took Raquel by surprise. She hastily slid her books back into her backpack and headed to the cafeteria for lunch. Fortunately, her Algebra classroom wasn’t far away so she was able to beat the line. After ordering 2 Quesadillas, she proceeded to navigate the busy cafeteria in search of a friendly face. And it wasn’t long before she heard the voice she had been waiting to hear all day.

“Hey, Raquel! Over here!” shouted a petite blonde.

Raquel’s face lid up when she saw her, “Hey Alicia!” she hollered back, as she rushed across the crowded cafeteria to hug her friend.

Alicia had shoulder length golden blond hair that she usually wore pulled back behind her head for convenience. She typically wore black sleeveless tops and dark wash jeans and today was no exception. Of course she always wore a variety of different accessories and jewelry to keep her outfits colorful and intriguing.

“So how was Florida?” Raquel asked casually as they sat down at a nearby table.

“It was pretty fun, it sucked that I had to come home and go straight to school though. And I missed you” Alicia said with a flirty smile.

“Awww I missed you too! Y’know I was thinking about you almost every day.” She replied with the slightest hint of shyness in her voice.

“Oh yeah? I bet dance class was pretty boring without me there.”

Raquel nodded while daintily picking at her food, “Yeah, only like five other girls signed up for the summer class. We learned a lot of new stuff though, which is good because I’ll need all the help I can get for cheerleading tryouts today!”

“Yeah right,” Alicia teased while playing with one of the many violet feathers that were woven into her blonde hair. “I wonder how many of the girls on that squad have been dancing before they could walk!”

She giggled, “Hey, I could walk just fine when I was three!”

“You know what I mean.” Alicia began, “Anyway, I’m gonna be jealous when you’re on the squad. I’ve always wanted to get back into cheerleading.”

“You could always try-out with me.” Raquel suggested.

“No, that’s okay. Try-outs were never really my thing.”

After that, the two girls spent the majority of their lunch hour chatting about the period of time they spent apart over the summer. It wasn’t long before everyone else in the cafeteria had gone to find their classes and they were the only ones left.

“Oh! I almost forgot, I have something to tell you” Alicia said, “You know Chase Collins, captain of the football team?”

“Uh-huh.” Raquel nodded curiously.

“Well, his family owns also owns a cottage on the beach, not far from mine. And he and I started hanging out while we were down there.” Alicia paused and searched for the right words. “…And before he left, he asked if he could take me out on a real date once we got back.”

Raquel’s eyes widened—she didn’t like where this was going at all, “And… What did you say?”

Alicia shrugged, “I told him I would have to think about it.”

“Are you actually considering it?”

“Honestly, I am.” She replied with a dreamy smile.

Raquel’s heart did a summersault when she heard this. After spending the first half of the summer hanging out with Alicia, she was convinced that they shared the same feelings for each other. “But… I thought you said you weren’t ready for a relationship again?” she asked, reminiscing of an earlier conversation they shared.

The change in Raquel’s tone didn’t go unnoticed by her friend. “I know, and honestly I still don’t think I am. But I really do think I might want to take a chance. You’re not mad are you?”

But I wasn’t worth taking a chance for?’ Raquel wanted to ask, but she couldn’t bring herself to. She simply forced out a smile and said, “No, I’m happy for you...”

Before either girl could say another word, the first bell rang and they both stood up. “Okay well, I’ll try to call you tonight, okay?” said Alicia as she turned to go,

Raquel simply nodded as they parted ways. She walked through the almost empty hallway towards her next class. She still couldn’t believe what she had just heard. Back in July, on their last “date”, Raquel was feeling stronger feelings for Alicia then she’d ever felt before. And for her, nothing changed in the time they spent apart. She wanted to ask Alicia to be her girlfriend, but she knew that the other girl wasn’t ready for a relationship at that point. At the time, she figured the best thing to do was respect her decision and give her time. But now she couldn’t help but wonder, was she not ready for a relationship, or was she just not ready for me?

The hallway was now completely dead and the only sounds she could hear were her own footsteps, and a subtle crackling sound coming from beneath her skirt... And I never even told her about my diapers.

Zenka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Nice, i missed out on the chance to comment on each chapter as they went by in the extended version. But i am glad i get that chance now. GO EMILY!

Kaidus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's understandable that chapters might need revision once they're posted; I do that often before posting them myself. As for the newest point here, the flashbacks help tie it all in together; I'll try not to spoil it from the previous one you started. MORE PLEASE!

kerry

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
Hi, Emily,

I would like to reiterate the suggestion that someone made to you in the earlier thread that you alter the color of whatever additions you make to each chapter (making new sections/lines blue or red or whatever). This would make them stand out and allow old readers to skim through and see what has changed without having to read everything again in search of alterations. I use the same technique with revisions in my classes.

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ICkaraokegirl,

Thanks for the feedback. :) I actually experimented with that idea and while I can see it's uses—especially in academic settings—it seemed to have a negative impact on the overall presentation of the story. (No doubt my priorities reveal that I'm a Design major, not an English major. :p) Also, most of the additions I made in the earlier chapters are minor changes added for the sake of consistency in later chapters. Either that or I just didn't like the way things were worded the first time around. I felt like color coding such minor details would only serve to draw unnecessary attention and disrupt the overall flow of the story, especially for first time readers.

However, when I get to the point where I'm introducing entirely new plot elements, I'l be sure to communicate it clearly so that old readers can focus on those if they choose to.

Last edited:

PuppyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I'm reading this for the third time and its still just as good.
That's a true test of quality, repeat viewing, thank you for sharing. :)

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
CHAPTER 3

It was several minutes past noon when Raquel finally found the Geology classroom. She was late, so she quickly tiptoed towards the back of the classroom in an effort not to draw any more attention to herself.

Needless to say, the day hadn’t gone exactly as she had anticipated. Alicia’s last words were still echoing in her mind as clearly as when they were first spoken. Subtle as they were, they pierced her heart like daggers and forced her to reconsider so many things. What if Alicia had never actually liked her as more than a friend? What if she didn’t like girls that way at all? Raquel was sure that couldn’t be true— but then again, she had never actually been in a relationship with anyone before. How much did she really know?

As hard as it was, She forced herself not to dwell on it. After all, the day wasn’t over yet; she still had cheerleading try-outs to go to. Last year, her foster sister Sarah had been the head cheerleader before graduating and leaving for college. Sarah knew what a talented dancer Raquel was and she always encouraged her to try out for the squad. Raquel liked the idea, but couldn’t bring herself to join before. She just couldn’t imagine being a cheerleader and being in diapers at the same time—the idea seemed unheard of. Dance class was one thing; there weren’t as many people watching, she didn’t have to wear a revealing uniform and there definitely weren’t changing rooms. This year, Raquel decided that sort of negative thinking was behind her. She may have been in diapers, but they didn’t have to stop her from following her dreams.

Once again caught up in her train of thought, Raquel didn’t even notice her increasing urge to pee. Oh no… how long have I had to go? Raquel wondered. She quickly recalled the events of the last hour and realized that she had been subconsciously holding it since lunch with Alicia. It was a miracle that she’d even managed to last this long without her bladder failing her. She didn’t waste another second before raising her hand in an effort to get the teachers attention.

The tall blonde women stopped lecturing and pointed a lazy finger in Raquel’s direction, supposedly giving her permission to speak.

Raquel took a deep breath, “Could I please… use the restroom?”

Her teacher turned around and glanced at the clock suspiciously, “Class just started less than ten minutes ago. Why didn’t you go before?”

“I, uh… I was rushing to get to class ma’am, and I didn’t realize I had to go.” Raquel murmured, becoming increasingly impatient as her urge grew stronger.

“Well then, I’m sure you can at least wait until I’m done going over the syllabus. Next time I’d like you to remember to go before class please.” Her teacher continued going over the class outline, leaving the struggling girl no choice but to continue holding it.

Raquel sighed and sank several inches lower into her seat. Only a few moments passed until she was sure the seal was about to break. She considered asking the teacher for permission to leave again, but that seemed equally as hopeless as trying to hold it in for another moment. Her bladder started to relax and there was nothing Raquel could do but sit awkwardly in her seat, helplessly flooding the bottom of her diaper.

She couldn’t focus in class after that, which only made it seem to drag on longer. When it finally did come to an end, Raquel headed straight for the restroom to change into a fresh Goodnite so that she wouldn’t have any distractions during her cheerleading try-out. She went into the handicap stall, locking the door behind her and setting her backpack down on the floor. There were a few other girls in the bathroom so she tried to make as little noise as possible as she stepped out of her red hi-top Converse shoes, then unzipped and pulled down her burgundy skirt which she folded up and placed safely on top of her backpack. She examined the bottom of her diaper between her legs and discovered that it even wetter then she had anticipated. She was actually surprised that the leg-guards managed to last the entire class periods without leaking.

Raquel slid her Goodnite down to the floor and carefully stepped out of it. She wiped herself clean and pulled her only spare diaper up snugly around her waist. There were times when Raquel genuinely despised wearing diapers—the same way that most teenage girls feel would in her position. But she had to admit, there was nothing quite like the feeling of putting a fresh one on.

Raquel made it to the gym just in time to find this year’s new head cheerleader, Kelsey Webster, finishing what must have been a long and dramatic speech.

“Remember everyone,“ Kelsey said as she directed her gaze to some of the more less promising recruits, “After today there aren’t any do-overs, excuses or second chances! You’re either on the team, or you’re not. It’s nothing personal. We only have so many spots available and we’re only as strong as our weakest link.”

Kelsey Webster was obviously a strong and assertive girl—it didn’t take Raquel long to discover that. She remembered that her foster sister had been the same way; when Sarah spoke to her team, they always stopped and listened. Must be a requirement captains, Raquel assumed. Not that it mattered to her; that was an honor she could do without.

When Kelsey’s speech came to an end, the prospective recruits formed a line and began preforming their routines. As Raquel observed her peers from her place at the back of the line, her confidence actually began to grow. Compared to her, most of these girls had no rhythm, no original moves, no flexibility and most importantly, no attitude. Raquel was typically considered to be a quiet and reserved girl. But when she danced, she became a whole other person— she was anyone she wanted to be. That was one of the many reasons why she had grown to love dancing over the years,

Eventually the line died down and it was her turn to go. Raquel eagerly stepped forward, tired of sitting by idly watching other people dance. Just as she was about to begin her routine, she felt the sudden need to pass gas. She let it go, without a second thought.

But in that moment, Raquel came to a screeching halt when she realized what she had done. It wasn’t gas—it was far worse than that—she was actually filling the back of her diaper. ‘Oh no! Not NOW!’

She couldn’t believe what was happening—she hadn’t had an accident of this sort in years, How could this happen to her? There was no explanation. Raquel’s heart started beating faster and she could feel her legs beginning to shake. She was expected to dance, but right now she was too scared to even move a single muscle in her body.

“Hey! Number 19, you’re up hun.” Kelsey snapped, pointing a long manicured finger in Raquel’s direction.

Raquel remained perfectly still, like a deer standing in the path of headlights—she didn’t know what to say or what to do. But she knew that she couldn’t go on like this…

Emily91

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks everyone! I'm glad that you don't mind re-reading. :)

Chapter 4

Raquel had spent the entire summer preparing for this moment, but all the practice and preparation in the world could never have prepared her for the anxiety she was feeling now after what she’d done. Her legs were still trembling so much that she wasn’t even sure could walk, much less dance. But she remembered what Kelsey said, if she ran away now, she wouldn’t get a second chance.

One last look into the head cheerleader’s discouraging eyes confirmed what she already knew; she couldn’t do this. “Umm e-excuse me…” She murmured—barely above a whisper—as she turned around and scurried out of the gym without looking back.

Raquel dragged herself through the chaos and crowds that plagued the halls of her high school. She held her head low in a desperate attempt to avoid eye contact with anyone else. Somehow, in only a matter of seconds, a bad day had turned into an utter disaster. Not only had she completely missed her only chance to become a cheerleader, she did it in the worst way imaginable. She felt a constant reminder of that fact sitting in the back of her diaper with every despairing step she took. To make matters worse, she was already wearing her only spare, which meant that she was stuck wearing this one until she got home.

She stepped outside and was immediately greeted by the sounds of falling rain and the violent crashing of thunder in the clouds above. Of course it had to be raining. She sighed as she began contemplating how she was going to get home now. A two-mile walk in the pouring rain certainly wasn’t something that she wanted to endure. Even if she did, Raquel wasn’t convinced that her protection could survive the duration of the walk—it was only a pullup after all, hardly built for an accident of this sort. Even calling her foster mother and asking for a ride was out of the question because she taught evening classes at the local university on Monday nights. This left Raquel with only one choice; she would have to take the bus home.

Raquel kept her head down and wrapped herself tightly in her cardigan as the rain began to fall even harder. Her walk was heavy, her clothes and hair were already drenched and her Goodnite was now sagging between her legs. When she finally managed to locate her bus, she quickly realized that the only available seat was towards the back, right in front of several kids from the football team. One of these boys happened to be Alicia’s new boyfriend, Chase Collins. As if I hadn’t heard enough about him today.

Thankfully, none of these boys paid any attention to herwhen she sat down. Several comments were made regarding the smell, but of course they simply blamed that on each other.

Raquel curled up in her seat with her back to the window. After everything that had happened to her today, she decided there was only one person who could raise her spirits—her foster sister, Sarah. Once the bus was finally in motion, Raquel flipped open her phone and began dialing her number.

“Hey, what’s up Raquel?” Sarah answered in a rather cheerful tone.

“Hey Sarah, I hope I’m not bothering you while you’re in class or anything.” She said quietly.

“Nope, I’m actually in-between classes now. What’s wrong? Are you okay?” She asked, obviously sensing the melancholy in the younger girl’s voice.

“No… Not really. I went to cheer try-outs today… and I couldn’t do it—”

“—Wait, what do you mean you couldn’t do it?” She interjected, “We practiced your routine at home and it was flawless!”

Raquel took a deep breath and continued, “I never got the chance; I had an… accident right before I was supposed to do my routine.” Her voice lowered to barely above a whisper. “I’m still on the bus so I can’t talk about it. But the head cheerleader said there aren’t any second chances after today. I don’t know what to do now…”

Sarah was surprised to hear this, “Well if you didn’t even get the chance to show them the routine, I’m sure they can find time to watch it tomorrow.”

“I dunno… I walked right out of the gym when it was my turn. And they’re posting the list of people who made the team tomorrow. Why would they give me another chance?”

“Kelsey will give you another chance because you’re my sister, and you’re more talented than any other girl on that squad. Forget all about what happened today—it won’t matter after you show them your routine.”

Despite everything that had happened, Raquel was finally starting to feel better, “Are you sure they’ll give me another chance? Kelsey made it seem like they wouldn’t.”

“Yeah, don’t worry about that.” Sarah assured her, “I would say the same thing when I was captain but we made exceptions to that rule all the time. Just tell Kelsey that I’m referring you. And if she doesn’t listen, talk to the coach instead. Once they see your routine they have to let you on the squad!”

Raquel couldn’t help but let out a tiny smile after hearing her sisters uplifting words.

“Hey Raquel, I have to go, It’s almost time for my last class. But I’ll call you later tonight, okay?”

“Okay bye Sarah, talk to you later.” Raquel closed her phone and let out a sigh of relief. She finally felt some of her former confidence coming back.

Just as she was about to put away her phone, the bus hit a curb, causing it to fall to the floor. When she bent down to grab it, Chase Collins somehow took notice of her Goodnite, which was sticking out a few inches above the top of her skirt.

“Hey guys check it out, this chick’s wearing a diaper!” He announced in the most obnoxiously loud voice to his nearby friends.

“No way.” one of the other boys replied. Just as he was about to lean over and get a closer look, Raquel heard them talking and instinctively sat back up in her seat, looking straight out the window as if she was oblivious to their conversation.

A third boy who was sitting across the isle chuckled, “Damn dude, looks like you embarrassed her.”

Chase took the bait and stood up, towering over towards Raquel’s seat, “Hey, how you doing?”

Not wanting any trouble, Raquel continued looking out the window as if she hadn’t heard him.

Chase might have given up at this point, but he had already amassed an audience who were eagerly waiting to hear his next comment. “So, I’m just wondering, how come you wear diapers to school?”

Once again, Raquel didn’t reply. She knew that anything she said would only fuel Chase’s fire. Instead, she slumped lower into her seat and closed her eyes, praying that he would somehow lose interest and leave her alone. He might have, if one of his friends hadn’t spoken up, “Okay, so she wears diapers and she can’t talk. She’s probably special-needs or something.”

“She probably is,” Chase agreed, “Wait, do you guys think that nasty smell back here is her? What if she decided to take a shit in her diaper right here on the bus?”

“I bet she did!” the other boy roared in agreement, “And her mom isn’t even here to change her.”

“Well, hopefully she shows up soon. I don’t know much more of that smell I can take.” Chase chuckled and leaned over her seat for the third time, “Hey, any chance your mom is gonna show up and change you soon?”

Raquel had tried to ignore them, but now she was literally fighting back tears. How could anyone be so vile and immature that they actually found amusement in this?

“Forget it dude, she can’t talk remember?”

Chase was still completely oblivious as to how much his words were hurting her. He was far more concerned with keeping himself entertained getting more laughs out of his friends. He took out his empty Mountain Dew bottle and bounced it off Raquel’s head to guarantee her immediate attention. Startled, her eyes shot open and she instinctively turned around to face him. Chase smiled proudly as he asked her again, “I said, is your mom gonna come and change you soon?”

Raquel had tried her hardest to ignore Chase and his friends, but she could only endure so much abuse before she snapped. She took a deep breath, “For your information Chase, I don’t have a mother; She died eight years ago. I’m sorry that I have my own way of dealing with that but I'd like to see you do better.” Raquel was still trying her absolute hardest to hold back tears. “But don’t worry, I’ve already been either punished or kicked out of almost every foster home I’ve ever lived in because of it. After all that, there’s nothing that you can do or say to hurt me.”

Before either boy could react, she turned away, hiding her face her face from their sight. Raquel was strong, but everyone had his or her own breaking point and now she had finally reached hers. For the first time all day, Raquel finally gave in and let the tears flow…

Zenka

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Wow, those last sentences gave me the chills, and in a good way too. Thank you for posting!