RANT TIME! (no theories)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
WHAT is the BIG deal with typing that one "a" between the "wh" and the "t" and in word "what"? I'm sorry--but im sick and tired of these kids going around everywhere and saying, "hy gyz wot sup wit u", using no capitols, NO grammar (these kids have been to school before, I promise you)....rawr. I can accept spelling errors...but not the absolute inability to take the time to stop being a lazy *** and add that one letter. Okay, I'll admit it: I sometimes use "u" for "you" and "i" instead of "I". You don't go to a publisher with a new book called "hw 2 deel w/ idotz", same way you don't write forum posts where its sooo hard to understand, same with you don't go up to someone, "HEY MAN, WOTS UP!" when you are perfectly capable of saying, "hey man, whats up?" or something.
/rant

~grizzy~

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
1. They are retards and don't know better(aka, they think it's cool), and therefore we must mock them openly.

2. They are mocking the people previously mentioned.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
y u h8tin?

Your grammar and spelling ain't so perfect either so, I wouldn't be so quick to criticize others.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur,
*salutes grizzy*

Amen to that!
...and hurray for rants! They're so much fun ^_^

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
<NERD> I've been kicked out of three WoW guilds, becuase I told the guild leaders or high ranking officers that they are lazy idiots who can't spell worth crap.</nerd>

Yes, people need to "LRN2ENGLISH!!!!!" it does get quite annoying.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Hey! This thread reminds me a lot of my old rant back in the day about retarded kids who fail to grasp the concept of typing "you".

I point the finger at 90% of teens in the U.S.

I've seen this very same scenario on every single forum I've ever been:

hay guys wats up wit every1 hear? have ne of u al heard the new linkin prak album? its fn rox!!
^^^ This is the vast majority of teenagers that I've seen over the net, either in myspace or other forums. We've got it pretty good here, since most members know how to type something properly.

Hello I'm wondering if anyone has problems with the nvidia geforce 8500. I've had these weird glitches in games if I turn shadows on in any game, and I was wondering if there was a driver patch for it. sorry for my bad english, im from holland
I have never, ever, EVER seen someone from a country that doesn't have English as their first language make a bad post, blog entry or ANYTHING. Why? My theory is that Teenagers in other countries are bought up in both their schooling and through childhood with proper communication skills drilled into their being from a very young age, whereas kids from Britain, U.S and Australia are just lazy bastards who would much rather "typ rlly fsat" rather than writing something out that someone will take seriously.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I can't stand people who are capable of typing out things with some degree of good spelling and grammar, but just choose not too out of their own goddamn laziness.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
It is pretty annoying. The strangest thing I saw (related to this) the other day was someone who typed out everything seemingly correctly (one misspelled word though).... except "about. It was always "abt" o_O

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't like it either. But you know what? It doesn't bother me. I mean, what's the big deal? Is it hurting you in any way? Gawd, it's the internet! You see crap on the internet that you would never see in real life.
If anything, I get more pissed when I hear from people who complain about the way people choose to spell.

I think I said this on the old forum, but language evolves. How do you think Shakespeare would feel if he were here today listening to you talk? Hmm?

I don't see what the big deal is. Grammar nazis need to give it a rest. Go ahead, pull the sticks outta' your butts and sit down for once in your life. For as long as you live (and then some) people are going to have bad grammar. And you're not going to be able to single-handedly fix it all.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Yeah, people being lazy is annoying.

But it isn't a big deal really, I just don't read anything that's completely pathetic. If you don't value what you're saying enough to put any effort into writing it, you can't expect people to bother read it.

And I always smile when I read posts that end with "sorry about my English, I'm from...", people with English as a second language put a lot of people who speak it as their only language to shame...

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
*climbs on the bandwagon*

Ummm...I forgot what I was going to say, but I think it's all been summed up in previous posts anyway. Besides, everyone knows what I think about people who claim to speak English as their first language, yet can't seem to communicate in that language in written (text) form!

HURRAH for the educational systems in other countries, as Kraiden pointed out, they seem to do a far better job of teaching their children English than some of the so-called English speaking countries.

Note: I am a parent and I am appalled at the poor linguistic abilities of today's teens. Of course, my teenage daughter is a bit like me when it comes to spelling and grammar...if I'm a grammar/spelling Nazi...she's ten times worse, and she feels no remorse whatsoever when she feels compelled to correct the spelling and grammar of people (usually Americans) who are older than she!

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
But it isn't a big deal really, I just don't read anything that's completely pathetic. If you don't value what you're saying enough to put any effort into writing it, you can't expect people to bother read it.
i agree with charlie for the most part. but there are even some people on this forum who are either really lazy or really ADD whose posts i read anyway, because i've found that it's worth it. remember katoichi (is he still around?)? he must have had a really traumatizing encounter with punctuation as a small child, because he never used any, and it made his posts really really difficult to read. but i always puzzled through them anyway, because he had interesting things to say.

i myself could probably find the inner strength to throw in a few capital letters now and again if i really tried. but as a few people have said, this is the internet, and a little bit of laziness isn't going to kill anyone.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well short hand type did come from video gaming, it's a style of typing that gets the message across, in less time. Wootzors

With the introduction of voice chat, phonetic typing has gone down, but I honestly think it's pretty neat. How often do you get to see a language evolve to fit a population's need?

Although when one does has time in their hands (ie. When all there base is being pwnzors by the rockzors) On a forum such as this, I find it more annoying than anything.

Yawnie

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Here, just watch this, you'll laugh you arse off. (WARNING, MIGHT BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME, but come on, it's 2 doing a rant. There's going to be lots of swearing from him as well, lol) GO 2!!!!!!!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dMbKqtjv2vM :D :eek:

Last edited:

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
For as long as you live (and then some) people are going to have bad grammar. And you're not going to be able to single-handedly fix it all.
I quote myself from before:

In case anyone hasn't noticed, I can't stand people who are capable of typing out things with some degree of good spelling and grammar, but just choose not too out of their own goddamn laziness.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Beware "tht whch hs n vwls" internet typers. In chat rooms and other high speed typing areas, stunted grammar is acceptable. However, in slower things like stories and forums, it shouldn't be too much to ask to check your spelling.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
When you are typing something on a cell phone, I don't care, but when I have to go through a list of 50 ****ING words, do figure out what "vwls" means, then I have to throw a temper tantrum!

Role
Diaper Lover
I always type You in full.

My name is 2 words now, it scares me.

I don't care how much people shorten words as long as I can understand them.

Unless they do that sentence that you gave us where every word was shortened.

Status
Not open for further replies.