SicartheaSpikefan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Lots of people have mommys
Lots of people watch MLP
Lots of people had a bad childhood OR had something bad happen in their childhood.
Lots of people had many accidents in their childhoods
Lots of people had to wear diapers as punishment

These are some things I have noticed, are they true for most of us or just memorable.

for me all I have is the MLP thing and possibly the childhood but Its more of a less than ideal then bad so I don't think it counts.
(No abuse or anything like that)

Last edited:

FauxPas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
I would disagree that a lot of people have had a bad childhood and that lots of people had to wear as punishment. In fact I don't know anyone who had been punished that way

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I would disagree with most of these observations, depending on how we define "lots of people".

The overwhelming majority of people do not seem to report poor childhoods or problems in them. Relatively few ABDLs actually have a mommy, though those that do tend to be disproportionately active and visible in the community. Bronies are also just a visible minority.

If by "lots of people", you mean enough to notice a group of them, then perhaps, but then that's not a particularly meaningful statement. By that definition, lots of people in the ABDL community have brown hair and like to play video games.

Last edited:

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
A lot of people don't have mommy's.
A lot of people had great childhoods.
Very few were punished with diapers.

But,as you said, this thread is what u think u have observed.

D

Deleted member 989

Lots of people have mommys
More like 'Lots of people WANT mommies.'

Lots of people watch MLP
Not so much 'ABDLs' as 'Nerds On The Internet'

Lots of people had a bad childhood OR had something bad happen in their childhood.
You'll find that many non ABDLs will say this too.

Lots of people had many accidents in their childhoods
Again, not atypical of many childhoods.

Lots of people had to wear diapers as punishment
Ha ha ha... What? You realize that the posts in the story and RP forums are fiction, right?

C

Cherub

something I've noticed about the AB/DL community. . . .

a decent number of TB's seem to think that AB's in their 30's or older are creepy.
A decent number of TB's seem to think they will not be into diapers or 'infantilism' when they are adults.

Then again, you asked about the things we've noticed about the "ABDL" community, so my input might be off conversational target.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I've noticed lot of them have disabilities such as with autism, learning, ADHD, and other problems like PTSD, incontinence.

Lot of AB/DL men looking for a mommy or a baby girl have poor social skills worse than someone on the autism spectrum.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 989

I've noticed lot of them have disabilities such as with autism, learning, ADHD.

Do you have any idea how many kids have been diagnosed with AD(H)D? It's like the default go to diagnosis when doctor has no other answer to the parents demanding to know why their kid isn't their ideal dream of a little angle. "I dunno... ADHD. Here, take give'em these pills."

plasticsounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Lets give Spikefan a break here. He has been a busy boy over the last couple of days since he has joined and he is obviously very excited about being here. I think we should use this post to fully educate the little guy and tell him that his initial observations are...not right.

I feel it is really difficult to come to any conclusions about the subjects he mentioned because of the vocal minority problem. Much like how AB/DLs are viewed in the general public. A few nut-cases have set the tone for our lifestyle and it is hard to break through that stereotype.

We should start by educating our own. Then we can educate the rest of the world.

SicartheaSpikefan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Thanks, I now know that most of this stuff was false, I had my suspicions anyways.

So what are a few common things within the community anyways, I may as well get educated on the common misconceptions aswell

buridan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you want better information about what most AB/DLs are like, check out BitterGrey's surveys. Of course the respondents were a self-selecting group, drawn from the communities BitterGrey was able to identify and reach. But with over 1000 respondents to each survey, they're interesting results.

AB/DL Surveys

Two findings that are relevant to observations in this thread:

Only 2% of AB/DLs surveyed associate the start of their AB/DL-related desires with a traumatic event. Only about 1% reported experiencing diaper punishment.

The prevalence of ADHD was no higher than would be expected from a sample of the general population, adjusted for gender ratio. The same is true of bipolar disorder. There was a significantly higher prevalence of Asperger's, obsessive compulsive disorder, and borderline personality disorder. However, a large majority of the ABDLs surveyed did not report having any of these conditions.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Lot of AB/DL men looking for a mommy or a baby girl of any type whatsoever have poor social skills worse than someone one the autism spectrum.

:p

I don't think guys hitting on girls in dumb ways is in any way limited to the ABDL community.

littleleo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
i think most are kind and reddy to pick some one up when there down and very open. for the most part and we stick together thats what i have found :grouphug:

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Yes some of did have bad childhoods. Some of us have used our AB's to return to that safe place before all the abuse started. yes some of us do have learning disabilities from the abuse. Afraid of trusting people is another. How do you learn to trust people when the person that you trusted the most as a child to protect you is the one hurting you.

Akikitsune

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
!) most AB/DLs like diapers
2) most ABs like plushies
3) most AB/DLs at some point feel embarrassed about their desires

these are the only things I feel comfortable with stating as generalities that can be tentatively applied to the community as a whole, and that being said I can think of a few exceptions for each of them.

I happen to be one of the ones who dealt with abuse though my teenage years, and I was threatened with diapers as a punishment once, but I don't know anyone else who has been. I have a theory as to why it's such a stereo type, but it's only a theory and I haven't talked to anyone to find out if it's at all credible. My theory is that as AB/DLs there is a point in our lives when we try an find a cause, some event or series of events that started these desires, and if you remember being diapered as a punishment or abused it seems like a pretty likely culprit. I'm not saying it is or it isn't true, I'm just saying.

some things I have noticed about the AB/DL community that may be accurate or may just be what I have noticed are:
1) there seem to be a lot of AB/DL furries (babyfurs and diaperfurs)
2) AB/DLs are generally more accepting of gay, lesbian, or TG people
3) few AB/DLs see there interests as simply a fetish. In other words, regression or diaper wearing satisfies a some need that is not sexual.
4) the internet AB/DL community seems to be populated predominantly by people between the ages of 16 and 35, especially in the furry fandom.

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've noticed there's always about 3x the number of DLs as ABs on ADISC at any given time!

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
:p

I don't think guys hitting on girls in dumb ways is in any way limited to the ABDL community.

To be fair to the ADISC community at least, I want to report with much merriment that I've only been hit on in a dumb way once while being on this site listed as female and interested in caretaking. That person probably doesn't even know who he is, lol.

The very few other times have been rather intelligent! Maybe it's only because I'm already past my prime and a ripe old 33 though, Lol.

AshleyPup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I've seemed to notice that the ABDL community is largely lopsided as far as the ratio goes between people who are purely into ABDL things for a fetish or sexual reason as opposed to those who are in it for more than that.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hehe im the exception.
I have i mommy. :)
I had accidents when i was little
And i had a bad childhood that lead me to be a wonderful little boy.
So regardless of how we became who we are, we are who we are. No use being nit picky right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.