Race Car Bed!

Tommy10

Middle
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hey,

I really want a race car bed! Always wanted one, never had one, and now I found one:
Cilek-GTS-Twin-Race-Car-Bed.jpg

This thing is totally AWESOME! It's definitely pricey, but I haven't purchased yet. I have a few hangups: I'm single, 43yo, and I don't think a boyfriend or girlfriend will take me seriously if this is parked in my bedroom. Family will wonder WTF - bear in mind, I have diapers on a shelf in full view of anyone that goes in my room, and I have star wars and spiderman bedsheet sets that I don't hide, and my Care Bear lives beside my pillow, so it's possible whomever has seen my room already will not be surprised when I bring this thing home from the dealer. Lastly, my dog sleeps under my current bed, which is like a short loft bed, like 43" high, and he has his bed under mine which I will have to find a new spot for.

On the plus side: this looks like it would be a ton of fun to sleep in every night! My current bed is a twin, so no need to buy a mattress, though I would replace my plastic mattress protector while everything was apart. I get to let my inner 10yo have the bed he always wanted, and just relax and have fun. Finally, it's just a bed, and doesn't necessarily mean anything beyond what I sleep in :)

Thoughts anyone? Anything I hadn't thought of?

-Tommy

Reactions: Kittyinpink, Abdlchriscrinkle, Hockeyczar and 2 others
If you really like it, if you can afford it, if you are willing to deal with whatever comments arrive, then I say, "Go for it!"

Reactions: Kittyinpink and Tommy10
I have one, I absolutely love sleeping in it. There are pictures of it in my profile. I was thinking the same things when I bought mine as what would others think. No one has ever even said anything about it, to me at least and now. I don’t care as it made me so happy.

It looks awesome! Make sure it's long enough so you will be comfortable in it.

diaperbobby said:
If you really like it, if you can afford it, if you are willing to deal with whatever comments arrive, then I say, "Go for it!"
I think thats the direction I might head for: "if I can deal with whatever comments come my way, I'll go for it!"

tdlrfootedpjs said:
I have one, I absolutely love sleeping in it. There are pictures of it in my profile. I was thinking the same things when I bought mine as what would others think. No one has ever even said anything about it, to me at least and now. I don’t care as it made me so happy.
Wow, you went all out in your room! I think I'm just gonna do the bed, since I like how everything else is (normal). And you're right: no one will probably say anything. They will think all kinds of things, but thats about it :)
dogboy said:
Make sure it's long enough so you will be comfortable in it.
I'm only 66"/167cm, so I'll fit just fine. It's built for a standard twin mattress, which is the size I already use :)

Reactions: dogboy and Kittyinpink
Looks awesome!
Not my personal style, but I totally get it !
Dunno for sure what I would do in your situation, but if it would really make you happy ? Then totally go for it ! Life is short , and happiness is sometimes to rare ! 😊😚

Reactions: Tommy10
Kittyinpink said:
Looks awesome!
Not my personal style, but I totally get it !
Dunno for sure what I would do in your situation, but if it would really make you happy ? Then totally go for it ! Life is short , and happiness is sometimes to rare ! 😊😚
This would definitely make me happy :)

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Back