• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

R.I.P. Don LaFontaine

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, just heard about that a few hours ago. Bummer! He seems like he was a pretty cool guy and movie trailers certainly won't be the same without him.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Have there actually been any movie trailers with him talking anytime recently? I don't remember hearing any with him anytime recently

Kams

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Wikipedia said:
LaFontaine was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California with a blood clot in his lungs on August 22, 2008, and was reported as being in critical condition the following Tuesday. His family made a public appeal on the Mediabistro.com site.[7] LaFontaine died September 1, 2008 following complications from pneumothorax
Omg, I can't believe it :sad:
Movie trailers will never be the same.....

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
:( and the last bit i saw him in was a geico commercial...
all the new movie trailer voice overs suck nowadays. he was the best.
next thing you'll know is that motormouth will have a heart attack or james lipton will die of brain cancer! what is this world coming to?

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
:( and the last bit i saw him in was a geico commercial...
I think that's the only time I actually saw him, in the GEICO commercial. Excellent voice talent! He'll certainly be missed...:frown:

~Pramrider

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Wow, that's a shame. He had such a cool voice. Sorry to see him go. :frown:

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Awww... That guy was cool, it was a standard to hear that voice, and it was just perfect for it. Now that I've heard him, nothing will ever come close probably. Well, may he rest in peace, he shall be missed.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
i was just thinking, did he have another close friend/voice over guy do his funeral?
"From the writers of 'Born Don LaFontaine' bring you the epic blockbuster this summer *insert overly explosive/dramatic effects here*
'Death of LaFontaine *insert redramatized clips of his life with upbeat, cresendo'd music here*"
... and then some other writer later on could either redo it or turn it into an untimely sequel.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i was just thinking, did he have another close friend/voice over guy do his funeral?
"From the writers of 'Born Don LaFontaine' bring you the epic blockbuster this summer *insert overly explosive/dramatic effects here*
'Death of LaFontaine *insert redramatized clips of his life with upbeat, cresendo'd music here*"
... and then some other writer later on could either redo it or turn it into an untimely sequel.
They would have to be like "In a world where..."

Status
Not open for further replies.