Quitting this fetish - please read

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feelings of being dirty/weird. I’m 41 now and have enjoyed wetting/messing myself since around 10 yrs old. I remember feeling as if I were different from everyone else. It’s OK to be different and enjoy those things, as long as it doesn’t affect your life/job/family. As an adult man, husband, father, grandparent, a leader in my craft at work I can’t even think about doing those things where I would be found out about. I only enjoy my fetish when I’m alone. I keep my diapers, wipes, ab/dl clothing hidden away where nobody can find them. I don’t plan on disclosing any of this to friends or family.

I used to have this problem to. Over time I have cover to Darren's with my diaper desires. I tried many times to get rid of them to be success. Now that I have accepted them, they are a smaller party of me than they every were before. I wear less, and think of them less. But when I do wear I really enjoy it. I have regained control over this aspect of my life. I did this over years by learning to accept and enjoy the things I wanted. I second the idea I of setting aside a special time to enjoy yourself. Make use of that time even if you don't feel like it. Adjust the amount of time you spend up or down if you find yourself but getting enough time or getting to much. This can help you start finding balance.

I have not read Dr Rhoda's book mentioned above, but she appears in several abdl passacaglia and did her master's thesis in ABDLs. The thesis is worth reading, though a bit shallow ( due to a lack of available information on ABDLs), it provides some good insights.

I also highly recommend abdl podcasts, it is good to hear otherwise taking about abdl and see how it fits in their life. The big little podcast, love in brief, dreamalittle are all good. There are also some good abdl YouTube channels.
Try treating this as you would any hobby, and see if it doesn't become more normal for you and cause less Sanderson in your life.

Reactions: GermanDL
podmuse said:
I have been here before. Hello 25 also! As a kid I did the exact same I loved pooping myself. I used to steal diapers from baby cousins or depends from my grandpa. I felt the guilt the shame and the I’m never doing this again. What I was truly doing though was suppressing my feelings and thoughts for other approval. I called it my binge and purge cycles. In college I would get an overwhelming urge so I run to the store buy diapers and, well, you know and then just like you feel dirty and guilty and ashamed and I would throw them all away. By the time I was 22 I had been mentally starved for 2 years from not enjoying myself. I resumed my diaper wearing and enjoying myself. I never gave myself the opportunity to feel dirty afterward because i accepted this part of me. I have continence issues now but it was not caused by my diaper wearing it’s just my genetics so diapers aren’t always an option for me. But my point is acceptance will set you free!

that's just like my own story.
I bet more than 50% of our Members have there story somewhat similar.
They Key to a healthy and good life is to accept yourself, no matter what the
thing is you have. Wehter its a Diaper, Furry, Pee, Poop, or whatever Fetish, or
your orientation, its just the same thing to admit to yourself u like diapers, or be gay or what so ever.
You can lie to yourself, but that wont change it. its a part of yourself.

Don't hurt yourself just because others may not understand this part of yourself.

Think about it this way:
To deny that part of You would be the same as deny that your left arm is a Part of you.
If u like it or not, it is part of your body and u cant cut it away without hurting and
dangerous crippling yourself.

Not physical, like cutting off a left arm of course, but Psychological, and that is as dangerous and
as hurting as a physical amputation.

PS:
Also what wandering toddler sad, if you don't let it out it will grow more and more and you
will lose control over it and think about it non stop.

Before i Accepted this part of me a Month ago, it has grown so big, i was sitting 2 hours or more
on my bed and google with my old Laptop all Diaper Pictures, Videos, and everything diaper related
that i could find.
Now after accepting and buying a pack of diapers, i can think about whatever i want without the
Diaper urge coming into my mind all times.
Only when at night i want to, i put a diaper on, and fully let me go with it i think about it.

My life is so much better now, im calm, im relaxed, i see all people of this world as a Family.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chamberpot and Midwest82
Just because general society may consider playing with your poo weird, does not mean you should beat yourself up, there are plenty of us who do the same thing and yes I remember the guilty feeling afterwards but it's a journey of acceptance. You are who you are, if this turns you on then that's all there is to it. Be yourself enjoy yourself and as has been stated before it's who you are and so it will always be there. I just limit it to appropriate time. It's not hurting anyone and your own poo shouldn't hurt you either, cleanup is always a bitch but it's part and parcel. Just enjoy and stop worrying about what everyone else thinks. It's your life and believe me its shorter than you think. Poo away my friend

Reactions: chamberpot and GermanDL
Ok, first of all, that goes away with time. I'm the same way, much more fixated with messing, and it used to make me feel ashamed, but you know, nowadays I just don't feel it anymore, I don't like the fact that I have a diaper fetish, but I've come to terms with the fact it's not going away. So I just take some time here and there to not let this fetish build up to those binge and purge cycles, but I don't make it a lifestyle. Also, why feel like a failure? You are intentionally messing yourself, it's not like you don't control it, and nobody knows about it except you. Most people do things behind closed doors that they don't want the world to see. I have a super macho friend, for instance, that dresses up like a girl for his girlfriend (don't ask me how I know of it). You're not hurting anyone, and at the end of the day why should it be embarrassing if nobody sees it? I don't go to the gym, but I do workout from home, and honestly when I used to feel like that it just made me work out harder, to push it away from my head and to feel a little more macho again, but I guess as time goes by I lost that uncertainty about myself and just stopped caring about if what I do in private is considered normal or not.

I'm sorry to say but this is likely not going to go away, otherwise I would have managed it as well...

Reactions: nareh60280
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back