Status
Not open for further replies.

WearingClouds

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
If I suggest a product that I think can benefit a large number of people, would you consider that spamming or advertising.

I want to know because if people on this site don't like suggestions on things they are probably going to use often and like, I will refrain from suggesting anything.

I only ask because I want to make sure I do my part to keep this site as great as possible.

Would it be better to phrase a post like "I just used (insert product here) and it is awesome! I recommend it!" ? As opposed to writing "Try such and such product and you will like it. Buy it here" ?

Thanks =)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
If I suggest a product that I think can benefit a large number of people, would you consider that spamming or advertising.

I want to know because if people on this site don't like suggestions on things they are probably going to use often and like, I will refrain from suggesting anything.

I only ask because I want to make sure I do my part to keep this site as great as possible.

Would it be better to phrase a post like "I just used (insert product here) and it is awesome! I recommend it!" ? As opposed to writing "Try such and such product and you will like it. Buy it here" ?

Thanks =)

If you just want to endorse a product, without having a discussion, that'd be best as a blog post. After all, no point having a thread if there's nothing to discuss.

If you want to open a discussion on a product, perhaps "So, I recently tried X. I liked it because of Y. Has anyone else tried them? Or can suggest to me something similar?" would be better.

That way, there's room for an actual discussion, and you never know, you might learn something.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private

It also depends, people have been banned in the past for advertising telling people to go buy this or that, and sometimes they would regret it but they kept advertising over and over. (I've personally never seen them do it but everyone sure has) Talking about it is another thing and as moo pointed out, there can be a debate ^^

"I bought a fan for my room but I regret it because it doesn't keep my room clean"

Status
Not open for further replies.