Quick question about using the UPS store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
So just recently, I broke down and finally bought a fairly high quality onesie/diaper shirt from easy access clothing, along with an entire case of Bambinos.

Since I live with my folks, I had both deliveries shipped to a local UPS store. Both are supposed to arrive by Friday.

Does anyone have any experience on how this works? I put 'hold for pickup' instructions in both orders, but beyond that the only identifying thing on the package that lets them know it's mine is my name! The address, zip code, and everything else were the UPS Stores.

Also, do they charge some sort of fee for holding shipments? The onesie didn't come with a precise shipping date, and I was hoping I could get it, and the diapers together on Friday.

Anyways, thanks very much for any advice! I really appreciate it!

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
When I do this, I simply address the package to the UPS Store's address (but with my name on top). They also ask that my phone number be included on the shipping label. Then they call me when the package arrives and I pay $5 to pick it up.

C

CrinklySiren

Ive done it before, when I did it I just went to the store to pick it up, showed them my ID and they gave me my package with no extra fee (as the fee was payed for through the order placement). But this was with a FedEx store, not UPS; which im sure works the same way. Dont know if UPS charges a fee though, but seeing as Cottontail had to pay one, im guessing they either do or it depends on which store you go to or where you are.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If I were you, you should contact UPS and have them bring it to the UPS Store or they will probably bring it to the address that you've used. Delivery instructions are for instructions to where they should leave the package (e.g. leave at backdoor) at the address or leave with neighbor or something like that.

Follow Cottontail's instructions for your next order.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had a book held once for me at the local UPS store. Just walked in and picked it up, no fee. It was just a show your tracking number ordeal.

That being said it's been a while since I ordered from easy access clothing. But when I did they only shipped via USPS (aka the postal service). Are you sure they're sending via UPS?

Edit:

A quick look at their website also showed only USPS as a shipping option.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I had a book held once for me at the local UPS store. Just walked in and picked it up, no fee. It was just a show your tracking number ordeal.

That being said it's been a while since I ordered from easy access clothing. But when I did they only shipped via USPS (aka the postal service). Are you sure they're sending via UPS?

Sorry if I was confusing, but you're indeed correct. East access does still ship through USPS, the package I have coming through UPS is a case of bambino teddies that are set to arrive around the same time as the EAC order. That shipment does have a tracking number, so it should be fine. I'm most concerned about the bodysuit, as it's probably going to be in just a small envelope.

Alpha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sorry if I was confusing, but you're indeed correct. East access does still ship through USPS, the package I have coming through UPS is a case of bambino teddies that are set to arrive around the same time as the EAC order. That shipment does have a tracking number, so it should be fine. I'm most concerned about the bodysuit, as it's probably going to be in just a small envelope.

Yeah it does come in a small envelope. You might be able to request that USPS holds it at the local postal office. But from what I recall easy access clothing didn't provide a tracking number :/.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Is it being delivered to a UPS store (individually owned) or the UPS distribution warehouse? The store, as I understand it, will charge a fee whereas the warehouse is free. You only need a valid ID to pick up at either location.

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've done the hold at warehouse many times, its no problem. You just have to have an account on UPS.com that is free and request it to be held. You usually have a few days before they send it back. Only thing is, their hours are usually weird or not as convenient as the UPS store. Also, they tend to be in the ghetto.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've done the hold at warehouse many times, its no problem. You just have to have an account on UPS.com that is free and request it to be held. You usually have a few days before they send it back. Only thing is, their hours are usually weird or not as convenient as the UPS store. Also, they tend to be in the ghetto.

True, true and usually true! lol!

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Interesting update!

The UPS store that the packages are being delivered to (and it is an actual 'UPS Store', as I've been able to confirm), sent me an email saying that not only would they be happy to hold on to the packages, but also that it would be free of charge! Sweet!

Even better, UPS came through, and the case of bambinos which was scheduled for delivery Monday is now saying they are on track to be delivered early this Friday...just when the onesie from EAC is supposed to arrive!

In the words of a silly internet meme I stumbled upon a while back: 'Everything went better than expected!"

anotherpuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
Wrrp. Hope this is not thread necrophilia, but apparently CVS stopped carrying the tape-up Depends I've gotten used to, now Depend is all pullups there :dontgetit: and I'm in an odd situation where going out is easier than getting stuff delivered [from a logistical standpoint before even getting into subject matter]. Can anyone name some vendors who are comfortable / experienced / have-automated doing this with either FedEx or UPS so it's painless?

I had a derp experience with a place that 'wouldn't' send mailings sending out its first mailing right after ordering once, don't really wanna be that pup with his name on his diaper-mail 'flooding' the shop. So redirecting a shipment afterwards maybe works but I don't want to deal with that again, especially when I get zero mail where I'm at now to avoid making my landlords sift through it at all and the other option is workies.

Also about to ask about the retail situation in a new thread if I can't find a thread, because ???!. I could always kinda justify being a weirdo by figuring I was just adding a polite face at the store along with those who really*really* need'm (and never took the last package!) but the "Ewww, just mail-order!" responses I'm getting from sharing the surprise with folks elsewhere is getting me down along with the chain apparently deciding they're too embarrassing to actually stock (or the manufacturer deciding they're not selling because that, or something), although the store brand still exists. Kinda odd that the last person I met who actually needed needed in a hurry and for a reason the the nothing-in-back pullups wouldn't have covered. :p

Hope I'm not rambling in the wrong place, kinda back after a comfortable and quiet-private routine suddenly got broken on me. If everywhere-but-CVS still has and you don't find my other thread, gimme a PM or something.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have a box at the UPS store so they have my email. If you're expecting something and you don't have a box, you can give them your email in advance.
Yes it's as easy as putting the store info and your name.

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have a box at a place called Pak-Mail, they are a chain of shipping stores around the Midwest. They take my normal mail, accept incoming faxes, sign for all packages, txt/email me when i have mail.....best of all my customers have been known to drop of payments and stuff there too. some stores have 24/7 access too

Status
Not open for further replies.