Quick question about a notification I have..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have a notification that says I have 1 Reputation comment. I click on it and it brings me to my subscribed threads. But I don't see anything about reputation and the notification doesn't go away. What is it?

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Occasionally, you'll get a Rep, which triggers a notification. Mods review all rep, though, so if they disallowed it, the Rep will be gone but the notification will linger. It might be worth posting this over in Requests, though, to bring it to staff's attention.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Occasionally, you'll get a Rep, which triggers a notification. Mods review all rep, though, so if they disallowed it, the Rep will be gone but the notification will linger. It might be worth posting this over in Requests, though, to bring it to staff's attention.

I read the rep post the admin posted all about it. So essentially they read what the rep was then they decide if it was a worthy reason for giving rep, if they accept it I'll then be able to see it? Is that correct?

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I read the rep post the admin posted all about it. So essentially they read what the rep was then they decide if it was a worthy reason for giving rep, if they accept it I'll then be able to see it? Is that correct?

Correct, if it's approved, the rep will show up for you when you click the notification. In this case, the rep was deleted, so the notification should have disappeared.

Moved to Administrative Stuff, so Moo can take a look at it.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't think they deleted the rep, I still have a notification for it.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I still have that notification.. any ideas why?

HoganBunny

Legendary Bun
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
I don't think they deleted the rep, I still have a notification for it.

I checked and the rep is deleted. The phantom notification is a bug that has popped up in the past.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah, it's disappointing to not have a rep approved but don't lose heart. You'll eventually get one that will stick. The threads have to meet certain criteria. I've gotten lots of reps that didn't stick. Sometimes they were for something funny that I wrote, and that doesn't meet the criteria.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
oh bummer oh well

Last edited:

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I have a notification that says I have 1 Reputation comment. I click on it and it brings me to my subscribed threads. But I don't see anything about reputation and the notification doesn't go away. What is it?

I've reset your counter. Please check and let me know if it is fixed for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.