Questions and help about video editing

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I just got into making videos for my Onlyfans page and I found out videos can get corrupted during editing or after moving them to your Video Editor and then you have to start all over, now just imagine if that happened with a video you are making that is like 25 minutes long and the fact how time consuming it is to edit them after filming when you add in sound or music or other clips. Also because I don't know how to save during editing so it would be all works lost if I can't get it all done at once. Or is there a way of saving and getting back to it later?

What sort of video editing software do you use? I use software that came with windows and it's Video Editor. I use my phone to record and I download my clips to my PC from google photos since my card reader doesn't work in my PC since it's outdated.

How often does this happen to you while making videos for youtube and stuff? Is there anyway to prevent file corruption?

That's probably windows just being windows. Perhaps try some other free softwares? KdenLive is pretty okay (not sure if it's on windows or not), but it does the trick. Sure there's going to be a learning curve, but it might be beneficial in the long run?

Basically, try some other software, if it does the same it's not the software corrupting the videos, other bits of software might also be easier to use once you get to grips with them, I've not used the built in Windows editor but I assume it's not great.

EDIT: KDenLive is on windows (https://kdenlive.org/) scroll down a bit

Last edited:
I recommend using camtasia it cost $300 though you might not have the money for it though you can record and edit with it in the file sizes are pretty small for the recording part of it pretty easy to manage
this program if it crashes it will automatically do a roll back the next time you will load it in backup your project it also has a feature to save your project so you don't lose anything

I personally don't recommend getting into YouTube because the rules on YouTube are so vague and they could easily screw you over that's why I personally don't make videos anymore was thinking about starting it up again but cuz of all the drama and shit going on it I don't want to bother with it it's just a big hassle of frustration a lot of the big YouTubers I used to watch her quitting cuz they can't stand the crap anymore even with a good editing program and good software it doesn't guarantee you'll get any traction only do this if you're planning to do it for fun if you're trying to do it to make a living don't do twitch instead or find something else productive to do

I am actually doing this for my onlyfans page to make money from my subscribers. I get $3.99 every time a person subscribes or renews their subscription. I have been making pretty good money ever since I have been putting videos up, not enough income to make a living off of it of course but this is just my gig and for fun and to help support my acting desire and I am saving up for a new phone.

I've briefly dabbled in very simple video editing. I tried a few problems, but Shotcut was the easiest and most reliable. Definitely worth a go:

Calico said:
I use my phone to record and I download my clips to my PC from google photos since my card reader doesn't work in my PC since it's outdated.

Does Google Photos reduce the quality? You should be able to plug the phone into your PC and copy them across directly.

Openshot was what I used during my camming days. It’s free, and works well!

tiny said:
I've briefly dabbled in very simple video editing. I tried a few problems, but Shotcut was the easiest and most reliable. Definitely worth a go:

Does Google Photos reduce the quality? You should be able to plug the phone into your PC and copy them across directly.
No, my hard drive is outdated. It only does phone charging. I am not even sure if the CD Rom still works.

Back