Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Is the policy now to ban anyone who doesn't talk about anything other than diapers?

Or posts meme's regardless of being told by a moderator they were allowed?

Let's just ban all problems instead of trying to fix them

Are you going to ban me for posting tl;dr?

MrSiltStrider

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Also, if you are going to ban people for meme use, could you please post just what is defined as a meme, and put that in any one of the stickies? Like maybe the "rules" thread in "News and Announcements"? Because right now when I search for "meme" all I get are weeks/months-old threads with contradictory posts on whether or not they are against the rules.

EDIT: 'twas nice knowing you, Shodai.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Memes are a set of images, phrases and concepts that are commonly used by internet trolls and members of certain websites.
I don't want to provide a big list of them, because that would only encourage people to use them.

Suffice it to say, they have *always* been against the rules on ADISC.
They were removed from the rules list for awhile, because its actually quite difficult to explain exactly what a meme is, in a way that everyone would understand, without giving them undue attention.

Nevertheless, people get negative rep / bans for using them.

Recently, however, I was annoyed to discover that people were still using them.

Obviously, the negative rep and warnings weren't enough.

So now, I'm going to be handing out one warning, then a ban, to anyone who deliberately uses them.

This should send a clear signal that they aren't acceptable here.

As to why I don't want them here... there are two reasons:
(1) sites which allow them to increase in frequency tend to attract trolls and other bad people.
(2) because they are so unoriginal, their presence reduces the average quality of posts in the forum.

Usually, I'm very receptive to member feedback, but in this case, I'm pretty much set against allowing memes on the site.

I realize that some people may think that banning memes is a bad idea, but I'm not particularly interested in debating the subject, as I strongly believe that eliminating them is good for the site.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Memes are a set of images, phrases and concepts that are commonly used by internet trolls and members of certain websites.
I don't want to provide a big list of them, because that would only encourage people to use them.

Suffice it to say, they have *always* been against the rules on ADISC.
They were removed from the rules list for awhile, because its actually quite difficult to explain exactly what a meme is, in a way that everyone would understand, without giving them undue attention.

Nevertheless, people get negative rep / bans for using them.

Recently, however, I was annoyed to discover that people were still using them.

Obviously, the negative rep and warnings weren't enough.

So now, I'm going to be handing out one warning, then a ban, to anyone who deliberately uses them.

This should send a clear signal that they aren't acceptable here.

As to why I don't want them here... there are two reasons:
(1) sites which allow them to increase in frequency tend to attract trolls and other bad people.
(2) because they are so unoriginal, their presence reduces the average quality of posts in the forum.

Usually, I'm very receptive to member feedback, but in this case, I'm pretty much set against allowing memes on the site.

I realize that some people may think that banning memes is a bad idea, but I'm not particularly interested in debating the subject, as I strongly believe that eliminating them is good for the site.

Well its good to see we were given a notice of the rule change on memes.....

wait.....

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
This is your notice.

Shodai got a ban rather than a warning because he used memes *four times* after finding out that they were a bannable offence.
Once in the chat, and three times in this thread.
He was very much pushing the limits, testing whether he'd get banned. Guess what? He got banned! Surprise, surprise...

If I recall correctly, Point spammed a whole bunch of meme references over many peoples' profiles, as well as in posts.
There was so much of it that I couldn't delete it manually. I had to edit the database to remove it. He needed a ban to impress upon him that meme use isn't OK.

Hopefully, when they come back after their ban expires (tomorrow), they'll have learnt that it is not OK to use memes here.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Interesting position on the memes, I would think that the quality of the posters would reflect more on a broad them the simple terms they use to express themselves. It seems that Shodai has become the Fwakes of the memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.