Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Hello everybody! 👋
😊 . @lilithra , asked me how I look after green monkey 🐒.. and I had to admit that he hasn't even had a wash in 9 years ! 🤣..
I don't want to lose him , so the question is - How do you guys look after your favourite stuffies ?

• Love
Reactions: lilithra
Yeah... I want to know how to take care of my friend.

BoKrn7SYaB6Ouz7ZBqkrvo5SV4BavjbhuNAva-EYgM8.jpg

Runs to hide behind a tree. Observing from the distance.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Throw em in a washing machine when they’re stinky!!! :3

Khehehe, big city Americans, good luck with that having no washing machine in your apartment 🤣

In all seriousness - I tried some things like dry washing, simply using a cloth with mild detergent and stuff. If it’s something you can fit into a washing machine and it won’t fall apart - it’s probably the best way to do it. Not all plushies look great after washing though. I mean the long fur ones. But when you get to the point when you think about washing them in the first place - they probably won’t look worse than they are already 😂. You can always try to comb their fur afterwards, but in some cases it will just stay the way it is after washing - kinda not as new and fuzzy and soft as it was back when it was new.

Still, having a clean and fresh plushie is much better than having one which is stinky and dirty. You’d be surprised how much dirt gets out of it when you hand wash it.

Reactions: lilithra and Kittyinpink
lilithra said:
Yeah... I want to know how to take care of my friend.

BoKrn7SYaB6Ouz7ZBqkrvo5SV4BavjbhuNAva-EYgM8.jpg

Runs to hide behind a tree. Observing from the distance.
😊😊😊.. so do I! 🤣.. don't be 👉👈 shy !

PuppyMouseMikki said:

Khehehe, big city Americans, good luck with that having no washing machine in your apartment 🤣

In all seriousness - I tried some things like dry washing, simply using a cloth with mild detergent and stuff. If it’s something you can fit into a washing machine and it won’t fall apart - it’s probably the best way to do it. Not all plushies look great after washing though. I mean the long fur ones. But when you get to the point when you think about washing them in the first place - they probably won’t look worse than they are already 😂. You can always try to comb their fur afterwards, but in some cases it will just stay the way it is after washing - kinda not as new and fuzzy and soft as it was back when it was new.

Still, having a clean and fresh plushie is much better than having one which is stinky and dirty. You’d be surprised how much dirt gets out of it when you hand wash it.
Thanks 😊.
I think I will try washing green monkey in the shower with me in the morning, he could definitely use a good shampoo !

Reactions: lilithra and PuppyMouseMikki
Kittyinpink said:
Thanks 😊.
I think I will try washing green monkey in the shower with me in the morning, he could definitely use a good shampoo !
Good luck :3. May your monkey be happier and less stinky than it is now 🤭

PuppyMouseMikki said:
Good luck :3. May your monkey be happier and less stinky than it is now 🤭
🤣.. thanks !

PuppyMouseMikki said:

Thanks. My friend doesn't mind to be a little dirty or stinky, but we need to look for our fur and tails. (I'm learning to live with very long hair)
I don't have a fursuit yet, but I want one in the future, so taking care of my plushie it's a first step.

I have 3 Squishmallows and the first one already needs a bath because i cried into him lol. but I am really afraid that he´ll lose his squish

nappybaby said:
I have 3 Squishmallows and the first one already needs a bath because i cried into him lol. but I am really afraid that he´ll lose his squish
Good luck ! Hopefully someone here will be able to advise .😊

Kittyinpink said:
😊😊😊.. so do I! 🤣.. don't be 👉👈 shy !
Same here honestly. Running away now.

Reactions: Kittyinpink and lilithra
KittyninjaW said:
Same here honestly. Running away now.
Come back ! .... 🤣..

• Haha
Always keep my stuffy Ms Kitty as clean as I can.
Never ever place her on the floor or on the kitchen table .

Rita said:
Always keep my stuffy Ms Kitty as clean as I can.
Never ever place her on the floor or on the kitchen table .
My friend Tenko was years beside me and I only gave him some petting, maybe a good hug when I needed it. But I didn't remove the tag that he came with.
Now I'm sleeping with him each day (tag removed), I want to take care of him as best as I can. He is precious to me.

I love stuffies and take care of them at a personally serious level. Especially the ones I have had for a while. I make them last as long as I can.

BabyJellybean said:
I love stuffies and take care of them at a personally serious level. Especially the ones I have had for a while. I make them last as long as I can.
And what do you do to make sure the filling doesn't get compacted as much or to make them have to be washed less.
My niece came to the house with a plushie from the school named "Sirena" a panda. The little one, needed to care for the plushie and take her to some adventures for a classroom project (the education methods has changed a lot, from what I remembered 😹 ).
Well, the plushie Sirena the panda came with the filling compacted and not the prettiest panda in the world. My mother is a traditional mother all around handywoman and changed the filling of Sirena, now is a big fat panda again, the fur is not in very good state, but it's very snuggleable.
So I know that you can open a plushie and change the filling if you know sewing. I'm planning how I can make my mother teach me how to sew without It being linked to the plushie 😹. But I don't know how to care for the fur.
Tenko the eevee doesn't have super long fur except on the mane, so I want to take care of his mane and mantain as much as his fluff as possible.

BabyJellybean said:
Green monkey 🐒 will last forever! I just know.. forever.. 😊😊

Reactions: JacksonTheGoldenRetriever and lilithra
No heat in dryer it will destroy fur.
Most fur suits hand wash. At a con I spray alcohol with 90% to disinfect item don't want to get suit crud.
Had a friend get very sick from people sharing a dirty suit

Last edited:
foxkits said:
No heat in dryer it will destroy fur.
Most fur suits hand wash at a con I spray alcohol with 90% to disinfect item don't want to get suit crud.
Had a friend get very sick from people sharing a dirty suit
Very good recomendations and extra thx for the suit tips, It will handy more soon that later I hope 😸.

Hugs of thanks 🤗 Tenko doesn't like being a flareon or vaporeon anyway.

lilithra said:
Very good recomendations and extra thx for the suit tips, It will handy more soon that later I hope 😸.

Hugs of thanks 🤗 Tenko doesn't like being a flareon or vaporeon anyway.
I was confused about the name Tenko! ..
I didn't know it was a pokemon! ..
It was a series on T.V when I was teenager, about women in a prison of war run by the Japanese..

Back