Question. Please help. 🥺

ShyGirl91

A sweet & innocent who just wants to be held
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Has anyone ever experienced the sudden need to distance yourself from little space? And/or fear that the little side of you is disappearing when this happens?

While I have my suspicions that part of what I'm experiencing might be a binge and purge cycle, I was wondering if maybe it's something else?
It's been a very long time since I've bought a lot of littles' stuff. Now that it's all here, over the past week, especially the past two days, those parts of me have felt depressed, weepy, disconnected, and disinterested.

My littles will also have moments of feeling excited and happy and then get hit with feeling depressed and like shoving it all away.
It comes and goes in waves sometimes.

A lot of healing has taken place in my life which I am thankful for. I've become more accepting of myself and my parts (littles) and they have felt braver to be themselves outside of the apartment walls.
While I certainly long to continue healing, I still find myself perplexed and concerned over those parts of me feeling disconnected or disinterested. Not sure what's going on.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
If so, what are your thoughts and what did you do when this happened?

Reactions: PaddedRita and Lynnie
It's fairly common to experience a high buying things that make you happy then feeling baseline again once you take possession and inventory and it becomes normalized. It's not necessarily even a littles thing.

Fantasizing and yearning for things you don't have builds up a huge anticipation that is wiped out in an instant when it's finally acquired.

Moods and severity comes and goes. Just put it all away in your bedroom and make it part of your little space in the background as a daily reminder. It will be there waiting when you need it.

I splurged like crazy in rabid anticipation in the last months before a big move that would get me a place entirely to myself. Turns out just constant exposure to the littlest of little things that I don't have to hide anymore makes me content. But there are still days I crave moar smol and I'm happy to have it all there when I want it. 🤗

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TrashPanda01, Lynnie, ShyGirl91 and 1 other person
Or look at it this way. You had a overwhelming pent up need and you quenched it hard with a nuclear weapon. Is it really a big surprise that you are emotionally exhausted and feel over it a little bit?

🤭

Don't worry, it always comes back. It might even be more moderated and stabilized than the wild crazy high and low swings when it does.

🧒🧸🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ShyGirl91
I think what you’re describing is really relatable for plenty of us on here.
I think letting yourself indulge in your little space and in your littles’ wants via getting yourself some new things isn’t a bad thing at all. But ultimately it’s all just kinda extra stuffing for the big thing you’ve been trying to build up, which is self acceptance. It doesn’t sound like your littles themselves are necessarily unhappy or disinterested but more like the shame and uncertainty of said indulgence manifesting in that way. Since you’ve been working really hard on healing and loving this part of yourself, it’s possible that these feelings are just shame showing itself in a different way because it “knows” it can’t pop up in the way it normally would before you started working on it.
Sadly sometimes we just gotta ride the waves, but that’s okay! Let you and your littles feel the emotions that come to you, let them play out naturally, and then when you’re over that wave you’ll feel better. Maybe if there are any things you like to do to destress or make yourself comfortable, relating to little space or not, you can make sure those things are readily available when the wave hits, and hopefully that makes the water easier to tread. You can do it!! And your little sides and all your little stuff will always be there for you when you feel ready to indulge again!

• Love
Reactions: littledinogoesrawr and ShyGirl91
LittleAndAlone said:
Or look at it this way. You had a overwhelming pent up need and you quenched it hard with a nuclear weapon. Is it really a big surprise that you are emotionally exhausted and feel over it a little bit?

🤭

Don't worry, it always comes back. It might even be more moderated and stabilized than the wild crazy high and low swings when it does.

🧒🧸🥰
Thanks so much. Everything you've said helps and makes sense! 🩷 *big hugs* 🥹

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PaddedRita
lilbabyjooce said:
I think what you’re describing is really relatable for plenty of us on here.
I think letting yourself indulge in your little space and in your littles’ wants via getting yourself some new things isn’t a bad thing at all. But ultimately it’s all just kinda extra stuffing for the big thing you’ve been trying to build up, which is self acceptance. It doesn’t sound like your littles themselves are necessarily unhappy or disinterested but more like the shame and uncertainty of said indulgence manifesting in that way. Since you’ve been working really hard on healing and loving this part of yourself, it’s possible that these feelings are just shame showing itself in a different way because it “knows” it can’t pop up in the way it normally would before you started working on it.
Sadly sometimes we just gotta ride the waves, but that’s okay! Let you and your littles feel the emotions that come to you, let them play out naturally, and then when you’re over that wave you’ll feel better. Maybe if there are any things you like to do to destress or make yourself comfortable, relating to little space or not, you can make sure those things are readily available when the wave hits, and hopefully that makes the water easier to tread. You can do it!! And your little sides and all your little stuff will always be there for you when you feel ready to indulge again!
Thank you very much! You have good insight! Makes sense! And it's good to know I'm not alone in experiencing this. 💕 *big hugs* 🥹

Reactions: PaddedRita and lilbabyjooce
There are days when I want to be in little space and if my schedule allows, I'll act on it. But most days of the week, there are things I want to accomplish and little space doesn't help that. For me, it's all about balance. I usually go to bed diapered which I really like and that doesn't conflict with work or various accomplishments.

dogboy said:
There are days when I want to be in little space and if my schedule allows, I'll act on it. But most days of the week, there are things I want to accomplish and little space doesn't help that. For me, it's all about balance. I usually go to bed diapered which I really like and that doesn't conflict with work or various accomplishments.
Makes sense! Thank you! 😊

Reactions: PaddedRita
ShyGirl91 said:
My littles will also have moments of feeling excited and happy and then get hit with feeling depressed and like shoving it all away.
I can relate to that more than you'll know. I've never known true love. To me it doesn't exist, so I suppress my emotions of warm heartedness and feelings of love and push them away. I don't want to feel it. Nobody has ever told me that I'm worthy and they want me so I don't even want to know what it feels like.
I might get over it some day.

• Sad
Antientmariner said:
I can relate to that more than you'll know. I've never known true love. To me it doesn't exist, so I suppress my emotions of warm heartedness and feelings of love and push them away. I don't want to feel it. Nobody has ever told me that I'm worthy and they want me so I don't even want to know what it feels like.
I might get over it some day.
I'm sorry. 🥺 I know it doesn't seem like it, but love is real.
I know you might not believe it right now, but I hope one day you do, that you are worthy and you are loveable! 🩷

Last edited:
Back