Question for the not so tall/ big peoples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
When I go shopping for clothing, I find myself sometimes looking through the boys section, not thinking "ooh, maybe today it'll fit!"(God knows, it wont, EVAH), but seeing what colors, stripes, camo, and styles are going on. Then I move on to the MEN'S DEPT. My wardrobe is very casual; cargo shorts and T's or polos mostly, and some stuff overlaps both.

For example, I was eating lunch at a chik-fil-a and a small boy (maybe 3-4) came out of the play area dressed almost the same as me! I had to laugh a little. (hope his diaper was more dry than mine!)

If you are not too tall or big, will you shop in the kids area, or do you go for the more mature, adult sections.

Do you seek out a "younger" style that you know you can pull off because you are shorter and smaller?

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I always did shop in the boys dept, up untill they got rid of the bigger boys sizes, they used to sell 16-18 and they fit me perfectly, then boys sizes started to decrease and barely go past 16.

So I had to buy mens size small which was always too big, the pants were OK in mens because they made smaller sizes, but i used to buy boys size 18 pants but they stopped makeing those also.

I do think they caught on that the smaller guys were saving lots of money buying in the boys dept. and did away with those sizes for just those reasons.

I never dress my age, I wear mostly what I think is comfortable, mainly Addias nylon track pants, T shirts, and sneakers, in winter, and shorts and a T shirt in summer.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yes yes yes well mostly in my shoes for i have very small feet and have a few pairs of Velcro shoes.. when i don't wear 'em i get someone else to tie my shoes lmao :)

but yeah i can fit into smaller clothes but my style is mostly skinny jeans and band T's

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
yes yes yes well mostly in my shoes for i have very small feet and have a few pairs of Velcro shoes.. when i don't wear 'em i get someone else to tie my shoes lmao :)

but yeah i can fit into smaller clothes but my style is mostly skinny jeans and band T's
Lil Skater Gurl , huh? ;)

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
haha well i don't like to stereotypes cause i can not skate at all!!

oh and being short gives me the advantage to get footy pj's at target!

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
I can't skate either, but I still rock the VANS!

and, yeah yeah, you and your footie pajamas *so jealous* GRR:D

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
actually i dont wear Vans im a Chuck Taylor girl ( for you noobs : converse)

T00L

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm always wearing white cargo pants and a band t-shirt :)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I'm 5' 8" and have trouble buying pants that aren't too long, particularly jeans. I'm just not the gangsta' type, so I usually order jeans on line so I can get them 32 in the waste and 30 in the length. I sometimes get shorts in the boy's department and T's as well.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I shop in the boys section most of the time. You can still find some more mature clothes in the older boys sizes, but I like the younger looking ones :smile:

I always did shop in the boys dept, up untill they got rid of the bigger boys sizes, they used to sell 16-18 and they fit me perfectly, then boys sizes started to decrease and barely go past 16.
Since when did they discontinue bigger sizes? What store do you shop at?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
They still have 184-190 boys sizes here, which fits better then adult sizes (I need 28-34). So yes, and I'm tall.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I am the right height, but the wrong size in other dimensions. If I lose enough weight I would definitely do some shopping in the boys department for the simple reason that over I here (I believe) kids clothes are free of tax. Unfortunately at the moment I am simply too round :eek:. Still, it gives me a motivation to lose weight.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
The only thing I've bought in the boys as an adult that I can think of is jeans and shorts. It seems (here anyway) that all the adult sizes start around size 32 waist and go up from there. My waist is 29, but I usually wear 30 with a belt. I think it'd be fun to fit into the kids sizes, since I don't usually dress my age anyway :p

D

daria7483

I greatly prefer youth large/XL t-shirts rather than adult smalls or mediums. I am on the short side for a woman (5'3). The youth shirts seem to give me the same amount or even more room in the chest and shoulders, without coming down so long on me. A lot of the adult small or medium t-shirts tend to fit weird around my breasts and then come down past my butt. Although my VT jersey is a women's small and fits really well...but my "a drinking town with a football problem" shirt is a youth large and also fits really well.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
My waist is 29, but I usually wear 30 with a belt. I think it'd be fun to fit into the kids sizes, since I don't usually dress my age anyway :p
I think that I was 13 the last time my waist size was that small. :frown:

*looks for Jenny Craigs phone #*

X

xdeadx

My favorite things to wear are cargo shorts(with lotsa pockets) and t shirts or collared shirts.

But I actually like how I look in jeans and a sleeved underarmour shirt XP

So yea, I guess more mature look for me. Although, it's always fun to wear a childish shirt or sweater. One day I borrowed this sweater that one of my best friends had. She bought it at Hot Topic and it had Fosters Home For Imaginary Friends characters on the back XP

Oh I'm 5'7" btw. =p

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
When I go shopping for clothing, I find myself sometimes looking through the boys section, not thinking "ooh, maybe today it'll fit!"(God knows, it wont, EVAH), but seeing what colors, stripes, camo, and styles are going on. Then I move on to the MEN'S DEPT. My wardrobe is very casual; cargo shorts and T's or polos mostly, and some stuff overlaps both.

For example, I was eating lunch at a chik-fil-a and a small boy (maybe 3-4) came out of the play area dressed almost the same as me! I had to laugh a little. (hope his diaper was more dry than mine!)

If you are not too tall or big, will you shop in the kids area, or do you go for the more mature, adult sections.

Do you seek out a "younger" style that you know you can pull off because you are shorter and smaller?
I have the unfortunate position of being too tall for boys' jeans, but too thin for mens' sized. I should be wearing boys' jeans, because I was a 25" waist. The smallest mens' sizes hang off of me by 4 inches. They're baggy even with a belt.

Korey

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I dunno, im a pretty legit mix when it comes to style of clothes.

Ive been skating for seven years, playing football for six, im pretty open minded and I guess I almost always wear skater shoes, with nice jeans. Hoodies, shirts are everything from band to skater to versace to under armour/sports shirts.

Always top it off with a backwards/to the side skater hat hahaha:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.