Status
Not open for further replies.

Undisclosed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
Hey everyone! I know it's been a long time since I've posted around here but I think I will be a bit more active after lurking for a while =P

Anyway, I've recently been sleeping with my plushie more often than usual and I do have to say I love sleeping with her. I can't really tell why but I guess I just like having something to hold onto. I think part of it because it puts me into a sort of little state in that I truly do consider her to be sentient (at least in the way a young child would understand it) and she definitely doesn't judge me =P

That's beside the point though. The question I wanted to ask is if the increased frequency of sleeping with her will cause me to be dependent on having her in order to sleep? Since I'm in school and also still live at home I won't be able to do it all the time and I don't want to become dependent, especially with the start of my next semester coming up really fast.

Thanks in advance everyone!

For me sleeping with my plushies over a period of time did make me dependant on having them but I can only speak for myself as iis different for everyone so I would say that there is a 50/50 chance of it happening

Yeah after all these years I can't really not have my teddy bear. When I left him at a hotel, I slept so bad that night; of course it could also be that I left my cpap at that hotel too

I love to sleep with my fox plushie Comet every single night for a year now : P but I did try sleeping a few nights without Comet and I would say I had a sense of missing something or forgetting I would say.I still was able to fall asleep with no problem after a little bit. Everyone is different though so some people can't fall asleep without their lovable plushies in their arms at night and some people can fall asleep without their plushies. For me I can but I do miss him and I always tell him sorry every time I do go to bed without him hehe XP

I've slept with a plush just about every night for the past several months (usually going without for 1 night a week or so). Going without it for a night isn't that big of a deal to me. It's probably more of a habit thing. You eventually just get used to it being there and if it's not, the strangeness of the situation puts you on edge.

The answer is that it depends on several factors. 1) how often you sleep in different positions, 2) how easily you fall asleep normally, and 3) how long you sleep with the plushie. If you do need a consistent sleeping position and have trouble falling asleep until everything is just right, then yeah, getting used to a plushie will make it hard to sleep without one.

I have some good news for you though. Two pieces in fact. One is that you can use a shirt or a pillow in place of the plushie and it will work just fine (but be waaaaay less cool). Two, tons of people, including adults sleep with plushies and it's not actually embarrassing at all. So if you want to have one, it's perfectly fine to do it, whether you're dependent or not.

Same here; I can't sleep at all without my teddy....for me he kinda does feel sentient; I'm extremely attached and sentimental, not so much because he makes me feel little but because he was given to me by an old friend of my mom's named Michelle when I was a little kid; she died of cancer. It's a bit of a scruffy, old-fashioned teddy bear; possibly homemade, but sometimes when I'm feeling down I'll use it to sorta "talk through to" Michelle; I named him Michael and and I even have to take him with me when Uncle Sam calls me up to send me out to hell on earth for a few weeks; one time my tent got searched and the cop found my teddy and binky; fortunately he didn't say anything about it though.....I know he searched my tent because I self-medicate and he found my paraphernelia; it was an illegal search though; he had no liable cause nor my consent. But yeah....it can be awkward sometimes when you have to bring your teddy to hotels and sleepovers or camping trips. Long road trips too.

Thanks for all the insight everyone; I forgot how supportive this community really is =)

I've actually been sleeping with mine less and less. I still like to snuggle it.

I have slept with my cuddle friends for decades.
Yes, I can not sleep without them.
It is not a bad thing to be needing soft plush cuddle friends to be able to get to sleep.
It is better than using drugs to be able to gt to sleep and stay asleep.

JohnnyHamilton said:
But yeah....it can be awkward sometimes when you have to bring your teddy to hotels and sleepovers or camping trips. Long road trips too.

You forgot to add college/university, which is currently my struggle. I've slept with mine every night for the better part of 5 years now. I started in the mindset that it was just a another way to get into "ab mode." Eventually, it turned into just being a comfortable way to sleep, so I started doing it nightly. Fast forward a bit, it went from just being comfortable to being an emotional connection. Trying to keep it short, yes I sleep with mine every night, and yes, it's a pain in the ass to hide from roommates, but worth it to me.

JohnnyHamilton said:
Same here; I can't sleep at all without my teddy....for me he kinda does feel sentient; I'm extremely attached and sentimental, not so much because he makes me feel little but because he was given to me by an old friend of my mom's named Michelle when I was a little kid; she died of cancer. It's a bit of a scruffy, old-fashioned teddy bear; possibly homemade, but sometimes when I'm feeling down I'll use it to sorta "talk through to" Michelle; I named him Michael and and I even have to take him with me when Uncle Sam calls me up to send me out to hell on earth for a few weeks; one time my tent got searched and the cop found my teddy and binky; fortunately he didn't say anything about it though.....I know he searched my tent because I self-medicate and he found my paraphernelia; it was an illegal search though; he had no liable cause nor my consent. But yeah....it can be awkward sometimes when you have to bring your teddy to hotels and sleepovers or camping trips. Long road trips too.

That's rough, though I'll tell you something, having in the past worked in an area related to law enforcement. Whatever you've got, AB stuff included, the cops have seen weirder and couldn't care less if it's not illegal.

Anyway, as for the main thing, I'm curious why it would be awkward to have your teddy for hotels, sleepovers, or road trips (camping I can see because teddy might get dirty). I've taken a plushie on all 3 and never had any issue at all. The maids in the nicer hotels will even put it out on top of the bed after they make it. People won't think it's particularly manly, I'll grant you that, but most think it's cute and at any rate entirely harmless.

I've been sleeping with my bear every night for almost 2 years now and yes, I admit it, I'm totally dependent on him. I never thought I could grow so attached to him but he means so much to me now that I can't think about not sleeping with him at night.

I'm just kinda self-conscious/a little insecure/pissed off that I'm a freak on more levels than even the age dysphoria; that's actually one of my less strange qualities lol.
Only time I'm in a hotel is with my parents or when I fly to the Capital once a year as a representative for YPS to expose Dr. Fearsome and the Director to people who have the power to do something to shut them down and hopefully lock them up for all the children they've tortured and murdered since the fifties. His real name was Dr. Dilbert Pierson; but we all just took to calling him Fearsome as a play on his name; turned out it wasn't far off. He was super old; so he may already be dead.....It scares me that a part of me hopes he's still alive, because I want to kill him....lol, it would be pretty redundant, but still.....I wanna kill a lot of people, and it terrifies me. That's kinda like the driving reason that I'm trying to just take some deep breaths and accept and hopefully embrace my inner toddler; it' the only other urge that is as strong as my urge to run off back to Utah where it all began to become a psychic serial killer lol. It's been a few months since I last felt like I "Subject 204" again...it was the number they gave me; they didn't use our names and we all had to wear sweats. I'm not sure what the Director's real name was; I know where her office is in the building though and I know when she's in it. I know that facility better than anyone who works there 9 to 5; I lived there 24/7; I know all it's secrets and dark corners and goings-on. But yeah; I'm sticking with political activism for now. Lots of board meetings, shaking hands with the governor, senators, reps, policy makers and other affiliates of the legislature all friggin day long for four straight days in a row. The agency picks up all the expenses for the cab and hotel fair and I usually share a room with one to two other YPS representatives. Every business trip ends up being an emotional train wreck for me because I'd really rather not explain to my suit-n-tie colleagues why I need a binky and a teddy bear to sleep at night lol. So usually I ends up taking a walk on the cobblestone streets of Juneaue, beautiful city by the way; we usually stay at the Baranof; it's surrounded by a bunch of bars. I felt like the universe must have known about my compulsive hero complex and was giving me a gift in my time of infantile need lol. So yeah; fending off drunks and junkies from damsels in distress, getting my ass kicked and kicking ass and walking non-violent drunks home and calling cabs for drunk girls before the horn-dogs get to them and drag them off back to their place for who knows what after possibly spiking their drink with whatever. And then kissing political ass all day the next day in joint senate sessions after maybe a couple hours of sleep if I'm lucky for more big fake smiles and empty firggin' promises; I donn't want their money, I want action. It's disgusting; it's like all these people know how to do is throw money in no general direction at all instead of actually nailing problems to the wall by their short and curlies.....sigh.

Occasionally some fellow Freemasons are in town and I'll chill with them; my family has a lot of history I've been subtly encouraged to join the Fraternity to embrace my inheritance, but I haven't filled out my petition yet; not sure if I will or not, but they pretty much welcome me with open arms anyway.

I'm not too uncomfortable around mom though; she's seen me in nothing but a t-shirt and a diaper before and she was perfectly fine with it...it was kinda weird actually but that's my mommy; totally open minded sixty-three year old founding-hippie woman. XD Dad's more like....GI Joe. XD Kinda greatful for the combination of parents I ended up with; mom's been a huge help in developing my spirtuality and dad's been a huge help in teaching me stuff like how to make bombs and military arts and sciences annd how to not get my ass kicked and stuff like that lol. XD He thinks WWIII is upon us; but really, he thinks WWIII has been upon us since the friggin eighties. He's fifty three. So when my mom was twenty, my dad was ten. My half-brother is forty three. Try not to think about that too long. XD

I sleep with my Bears and kitties every night. At a friends house I have my own plushies there too, most of those are felines and a few bears too. I am surrounded by them every night. I love them. I can sleep without them if I go to a con but I tend not to sleep as well. It is much the same as wearing a collar. I have slept for years wearing a collar, if I do not wear it my sleep is not as deep neither do I sleep for so long. One gets used to these things

Hi Sisi hear.

I was made to give mine up befor I was ready. Now I have Rex my toy bog and he helps me sleep. You will eather stop using yours or you won't. But being little is ok. Liking your self is I think really inportant.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you enjoy sleeping with a plushie, then by all means, go ahead! You're not hurting anyone and lots of people sleep with plushies.

I know what you mean in regards to getting attached to a plushy. I've slept with mine for about 2 years and I can't imagine sleeping without it. He has been with me at two different hotels and on a plane ride. If you are staying with someone, I can see why it would be a little hard to hide, especially if you need your plushy to sleep. I honestly don't belive that anyone would give you too much trouble over something like this.

I haven't slept without my plushie for one night in my life, no one has ever said anything, not even when I lived with my boyfriend.. There is nothing wrong with sleeping with a plushie.. there was an article in the Daily Mail about how many people have/sleep with plushies and so many business men ring up hotels because they forgot their plushie :)

Almost a year after my wife passed away I bought a plushie to sleep with. I was missing the feeling of having someone to cuddle with. I slept well that night and have slept with that plushie every night since. Many nights the plushie is just in the bed beside me, other nights I hold it close as I did my wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back