Question About Sleeping with Plushies Frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sleep with my one of my plushies every night and I do have a hard time getting to sleep if I don't have one of them in my arms at night. If I can't find my plushies or if I wake up at night and I can't find them I will start to worry almost immediately. I would have to say that I am dependent on them to get a good nights sleep.
Also they are my number one thing to have when I am sick.

I've slept with my plush nearly every night for over a year now. The few occasions I've had to do without have been weird, but manageable.

I have a Lambie from Doc McStuffins I sleep with her every night except when I go to my parents house.. But I also cant be diapered have any of the things I am used to with me there.. I think that effects my sleep more.. but I mean you could become dependent on your stuffie but I would say it may just be a change in routine that causes you to be on edge and not sleep as well.

Depends, but probably won't be a serious problem

I've slept with my Simba plush for the past 2 years at least and sleep with him just about every night. I've traveled with him and brought him to friends' houses before, but don't do it too often so I do feel a little self conscious/embarrassment about it I guess. Being a male, I feel there's a little more stigma attached with it, but it doesn't cause any harm and lots of people of do it. Most people probably don't really care, but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier!

Some people probably do form dependencies on their plushies, but I personally haven't had too many problems sleeping without my Simba plush. I do fall asleep a little bit faster when I have him with me, but I'm still able to fall asleep without him.

Whenever I try sleeping without him, at first I kinda feel like
RB Hands.jpg
(does anyone else feel this way sleeping without your plush or anything to hold?)

but then after finding a comfortable position I fall right asleep so you'll probably be fine unless you're an extremely picky sleeper.

I tend to sleep with a small rotation of plushies, depending on which ones my daughter tends to borrow. However I have slept with a plushie for years and dont find myslef having a problem. I actually have more of a problem sleeping without a blankie. But as one of the posters mentioned, I tend to toss and turn a lot.

Plushies are gentle and comforting.
Nothing wrong with needing to sleep with one or more to feel safe and loved.

Undisclosed said:
Hey everyone! I know it's been a long time since I've posted around here but I think I will be a bit more active after lurking for a while =P

Anyway, I've recently been sleeping with my plushie more often than usual and I do have to say I love sleeping with her. I can't really tell why but I guess I just like having something to hold onto. I think part of it because it puts me into a sort of little state in that I truly do consider her to be sentient (at least in the way a young child would understand it) and she definitely doesn't judge me =P

That's beside the point though. The question I wanted to ask is if the increased frequency of sleeping with her will cause me to be dependent on having her in order to sleep? Since I'm in school and also still live at home I won't be able to do it all the time and I don't want to become dependent, especially with the start of my next semester coming up really fast.

Thanks in advance everyone!

It depends on your definition of dependent.

If you mean, that you are going to need to go to AA meetings to get over your addiction to sleeping with a plushy, then no.

If it means that you are going to have a few restless nights and then get used to it and be a little bummed out about not having it, then yes. But, 'tis better to have loved and lossed, than never to have loved at all', or, why waste the good nights when you could be sleeping with your plushy?

Honestly, even outside the AB/DL community, sleeping with a stuffed animal is still pretty common, and widely accepted. You might be afraid of family or friends noticing and finding it unusual because they have never seen you sleep with one before, but it is an easy thing to get used to fast, and it will probably only come up in conversation once at the most, just because of their curiosity. All you really have to say is, "i just feel more comfortable having a stuffed animal to sleep with, it is kind of like having a pillow to hold onto at night."

Personally I've grown to love my little bear. Like others have said, I kind of think of him as sentient, as I have a natural tendency to apologize if he falls off of my bed or couch. He was given to me by my caretaker nearly two years ago (even before I told him about my ABDL side!). At first it was nervewracking having him in the same house as two other roommates (though I later spotted plushies in my roommates room...), but after awhile I just didn't care. I loved him and wanted to snuggle him while I slept so that's all that mattered. Now I live alone and I can snuggle him (and tell him about my day and how I feel) all I want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back