Question about Secure Plus briefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lantis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I really like Secure XP for their comfort, look and absorbency (they are probably my favorite diaper). I am thinking of ordering a case of them, but I also am wondering about the Secure Plus. Since I am stingy, the Plus briefs seem like a much better value. I am wondering if the Plus briefs are the same as the Secure XP (taping zone, look, comfort... etc.) but just a little less absorbent, or is there something else that sets the Plus apart from the XP. Also, how absorbent is the Plus; about as absorbent as a Abena Super?

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The plus is a nice diaper because it's babyish, but a tad bit more discreet and functional than the x plus. But, no, they do not hold as much, of course. They handle about 2/3 what the x plus would. They look the same.

Lantis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So it's the same think as an Secure X-Plus, just a little thinner and less absorbent?

How absorbent is a Plus; on par with an Abena Super?

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Yes. But ive never tried an abena super, so couldn't tell you. But still, it is a decent diaper.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I used the Abena Super and it held a few small tinkles throughout the day then one heavy wetting that night. I have no idea how many ounzes i put in it...but it held a sizable amount.

It was a little more comfortable / less distracting to sleep in because I'm a side sleeper generally and with the XP they're real thick in the crotch which makes it a bit strange to sleep on my side....but with the Supers I was able to comfortably sleep in all positions.

Role
  1. Other
I really like Secure XP for their comfort, look and absorbency (they are probably my favorite diaper). I am thinking of ordering a case of them, but I also am wondering about the Secure Plus. Since I am stingy, the Plus briefs seem like a much better value. I am wondering if the Plus briefs are the same as the Secure XP (taping zone, look, comfort... etc.) but just a little less absorbent, or is there something else that sets the Plus apart from the XP. Also, how absorbent is the Plus; about as absorbent as a Abena Super?

http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...y-about-secure-x-plus-diapers.html#post108804

There is a pic of the Secure Plus. They lack the waistband and are a bit less absorbent.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
The Abena X Plus doesn't have a waist band, I don't imagine the secure would unless its an "improvement".

I would prefer a waist band myself.

A friend of mine suggested using packing tape a few inches below the waist line to get a real secure fit. Last night I tried it for the first time and use the packing tape on an XP and it was great! I put the tape on, wrapped it tight, but not too tight, around my waist..kind of like a belt....and the XP fit awesome. There was no slouching after I had wet, it stayed snug to my hips and everything.

I'd suggest packing tape over any built in elastic waist band or anything.

Lantis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So if I'm cheap and order a case of Pluses, would it feel like I'm wearing an XP?

Role
  1. Other
So if I'm cheap and order a case of Pluses, would it feel like I'm wearing an XP?

No, they are thinner, but a good quality diaper. (The fit and taping are similar, but it is a thinner diaper.) You'll also have to change sooner.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Just as the Secure X-Plus are a tad shy of Abena X-Plus in the absorbency department, the same goes for Secure Plus vs. Abena Super. The Abenas have a slightly higher cut over the Secures, but the tapes on the Secures are far superior to the Abenas.

As others have said, the Secure Plus lacks the elastic waistband that the Secure X-Plus has.

In my opinion, the Secure Plus fits me better than an Abena Super, but due to the lower cut, I think the opposite would hold true for a person of "large" stature.

Status
Not open for further replies.