Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaWets

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
So, I'm fairly new around here and to wearing. I've gone through a small pack of rearz princess, and they were fantastic, and now I'm working my way through a much larger pack of pride diapers, and they are just as good. Maybe better if looking for something that crinkles when walking around. I absolutely love this feature of them it's very rewarding to hear them while wearing around the house occasionally as I do. But, I wanted to head out to the store wearing them and was nervous that they were too crinkley and I would definitely be noticed at the small corner store I was planning on going to. I ended up taking them off to run to the store as they made sound with every step I took. I guess my question is do others worry about this? Should I just not care? Do you go with something a little more discreet when in public? I really enjoy the plastic type diaper but as I haven't had much experience are these more noisy than other plastic type diapers? Any and all advice is welcome. I should note I'm Transgender, and only a year into fulltime. I pass fairly well all things considered but dont want to draw extra attention to myself.

I wear cloth covered Seni diapers because they are silent. I am bladder and bowel incontinent and don't want to advertise that I am wearing a diaper when I am away from home. If you wear plastic covered diapers in public, the likelyhood of someone hearing the crinkling of your diaper as you walk is very high.

I disagree with Tundra. As long as you take precautions to be discrete visually (and even if there is a bit of bulge) the last thing the average person is going to guess is that you're wearing a diaper should they even somehow hear any crinkling from under your clothes and over the ambient background noise. It will sound much louder to you than anyone else as you'll probably be focusing on it. Most people if they heard it would probably assume it's the sound of your pants or something in your pocket and not think twice about it if they even cared to think about it at all. Twice at my university residence I had been wearing in the afternoon and lost track of time and had to run down for dinner. Was wearing a pretty loud diaper but I could barely hear it myself, and that was when I was particularly listening for it

I’ve only tried them once and I don’t recall them being terribly crinkly.

Generally crinkling doesn’t worry me unless a diaper is super loud (worst diapers I can think of is the original sdk and cushies. Those ones I was a bit cautious of when I went out

I find usually a pair of underwear or rubber pants over them makes a huge difference if your worried about noise.

If you hide your Diaper visually I doubt anyone would make the connection even if they heard the Crinkle

It just isnt a noise that most people would notice as "oh, that person over there is wearing a Diaper, I can hear the Crinkle of the plastic"

If they do make that connection they are probably a member of the ABDL community.

I go out diapered fairly often and I dont worry about if people will see my diaper or what they think and I go out with ABUniverse Diapers on most of the time.

It’s really going to sound loud only to yourself. I wear practically everyday for a need and I only trust plastic backed diapers to contain smells better. The way I hide the fact I’m wearing a diaper in public is I typically put on some boxer briefs or just regular briefs over the diaper then I tuck my t shirt into my pants. Jeans and khakis work best and then I put another shirt untucked or sweatshirt on depending on the weather and I’m good to go. With all that on I cannot hear any rustling even walking around my quiet office job. That feeling will go away when you wear out more often trust me.

Thank you so much everyone! I appreciate the feedback! I really do enjoy wearing and just came out to my wife about it and she is fine, after making sure I dont mess in them. So, I definitely see myself wearing more often down the road. Which of course means in public, so I guess I just need to get used to it. Or find a way to minimize it. As much as I love the security and comfort of wearing, the crinkling sound is incredibly affirming and probably my favorite part.

I've been 24/7 on and off for months at a time over the last five years or so and it's mostly in our heads. It depends on what you're wearing over them but in general, the crinkling sound is way more apparent to us because we're listening for it. I've been out walking with other ABDLs and sometimes the crinkle on others is noticeable to me but again, my ears are pitched for it. I won't say no one could ever hear but ambient noise covers quite a bit.

Well, I will say I was walking back and forth in my apartment wearing a pair of jeans over a fresh pair of pride and it made a nice soft plastic crinkling with every step. It was definitely subtle but not so much I wasn't worried. If I was walking by someone and the store was quite, it would have been noticeable as some type of plastic rustling how ever so slight. I suppose your all right and it's much worse in my head than real life. As well as I just need to get over it and enjoy my experience. After all I went from living as a man to living as a woman so why should I care what people think. Still, wonder if anyone wears a particular type of diaper only in public for the stealthyness of it?

JennaWets said:
Well, I will say I was walking back and forth in my apartment wearing a pair of jeans over a fresh pair of pride and it made a nice soft plastic crinkling with every step. It was definitely subtle but not so much I wasn't worried. If I was walking by someone and the store was quite, it would have been noticeable as some type of plastic rustling how ever so slight. I suppose your all right and it's much worse in my head than real life. As well as I just need to get over it and enjoy my experience. After all I went from living as a man to living as a woman so why should I care what people think. Still, wonder if anyone wears a particular type of diaper only in public for the stealthyness of it?
I have worn adult pull-up type diapers on occasions when I felt like ultimate stealth was required. That was mostly around my folks or when I was going to be very active and concerned over tapes popping. I don't enjoy them at all, so it's only to fulfill the technical quality of being diapered if I'm doing 24/7 for a given period. I used to feel like that was more necessary than I do now and they get used less and less.

I don’t wear any particular diaper when I go out for reasons of crinkling, but I do choose my diaper to suit what I’m wearing or what I’m doing and how long I’ll be out

For example if I’m just going to work I’ll usually wear a 2tape diaper (sdk or kiddo) as they tend to be less restricting while still staying snug when I have to crawl around and under equipment all day.

If it’s an outing to go for a few drinks or a road trip, we’ll its usually a peekabu or a 2tape diaper with a stiffer as I’m usually more concerned about absorbency in this case

Good stuff. Thank you everyone for replying. I guess first off I should do some research on the different type and quality of diapers. I've lurked for some time and only the more over the top type of diaper got my attention but perhaps that's not always the best path, especially if I plan on wearing more often in public settings. I'm a self employed contractor so I can get a way with a lot, but I also dont want to out myself if I dont have too. Wearing 24/7. Well mostly 24/7 could be in my future. (Its still a stretch at this point but evolving ever so much closer) but stealth would have to be a priority. Well, I want to wear something fun and absorbent, but also on the more quiet side. Recommendations are welcome.

“Best” diapers are always subjective

I’d suggest just getting a bag or samples of many and see what works best for you

Personally I’ve had issues with some rearz diapers tapes not being great and among other reasons I won’t use them and don’t recommend them

I’m a big fan of the 2 tape diapers so I vote for trying Abu products as anything in their lineup I’ve tried has been great. Same goes for bambino’s unless they’ve changed lately, they were my 24/7 diaper for years until Abu started selling in Canada making it cheaper for me to go with them

I’m not totally sold on the Velcro tapes but I’d also say tykables is another one to try out. Especially for a ‘going out’ diaper they are nice and quiet and hold a lot

The gary activewear pul pants are a great option for muffling any diaper crinkling. They have a nylon outer layer so they are super quiet. It is true the crinkle is just more obvious to us, most anyone isn't going to notice anyways. But the diaper cover can aid in our own sanity of trying to remin discreete. Plus, the cover will help you notice any leaks before they become outwardly obvious.

Reactions: PeeJayTee
Crinkling varies quite a bit between diapers, and some get quite a bit louder when they've been worn for awhile or are wet.

I see two opposing arguments for "will others hear my diaper?":

- you're going to be more self-conscious about it and hear it more because you're listening for it. Also there's a lot more background noise in public and you're just passing through anyway. "relax - people aren't staring at you trying to figure out if you're wearing a diaper or not"

- after awhile you're going to get used to diapers - a little change in how you walk, a little bulge in front and back, a soft crinkling sound, few or no trips to the bathroom, always taking your backpack to the bathroom when you do go - and others that aren't used to that all the time will notice it more because it's different

I agree with the majority, nobody is trying to listen for someone who is making a crinkling sound. Even if they did hear a crinkling, what would they do? Point at you and ask if you are wearing crinkly plastic underpants / diapers? No, people are mostly fixated on their own travel plans & destination to be concerned about hearing some crinkly sound and finding it.

Crinkles sound really loud when there's no other noise around like your house, but seriously when you go out there's so many other noises there's little to no chance anyone will hear you unless it's dead quiet. If you're worried, carry a backpack. It makes noise as well rubbing against your back and perfectly drowns out diaper crinkles.

Even if someone does hear the crinkles, there's a really high chance either they don't care or wouldn't know what it is unless they know what diapers sound like.

I wore a abu little pawz out to a few stores in my small town and know one ever noticed usually because people are distracted by their own business and the background noise of everyday life usually covers up the crinkle of a diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back