Putting Pictures into Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Can someone give me advice here? I have tried clicking on the Insert Image button, and it doesn't work, it just shows up as the white-on-blue question mark. If I copy and paste, it posts a nonfunctional link to software on my computer. Can someone help me?

Also, it might be worth noting that I use a Mac operating system.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
If you upload it to photobucket they give you a piece of code to use on forums.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
As the others have said... you have to upload the image to a photohosting site (like photobucket) then link the image to your post in the forums using the proper tag.

What gets me is that you cannot link images from the gallery into posts here. If I want to upload pics of diapers for my diaper reviews I have to host them elsewhere... I really feel that I should be able to upload AB/DL related content into the galleries here and have it link to the forums.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
As the others have said... you have to upload the image to a photohosting site (like photobucket) then link the image to your post in the forums using the proper tag.

What gets me is that you cannot link images from the gallery into posts here. If I want to upload pics of diapers for my diaper reviews I have to host them elsewhere... I really feel that I should be able to upload AB/DL related content into the galleries here and have it link to the forums.
Why can't you just use IMG tags to pull the image from the public galleries?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Why can't you just use IMG tags to pull the image from the public galleries?
When I tried it, you can't right click to get the link, and there isn't a link available. (to the direct image)

Alternatively, you can always use the attach option when posting, then just browse, find the picture on your computer, and upload.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
When I tried it, you can't right click to get the link, and there isn't a link available. (to the direct image)
That would be correct. You cannot right click on images in the gallery. I would assume that this is a safety feature to keep people from downloading the pics... but it also prevents people from getting the direct image URL to paste into the forums.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
That would be correct. You cannot right click on images in the gallery. I would assume that this is a safety feature to keep people from downloading the pics... but it also prevents people from getting the direct image URL to paste into the forums.
Not really, there another way to save the picture to your computer. All you have to do is click on the picture and then drag it to your background and it well automatic save it to your computer. I had to do this a couple times with my picture, because I delete them off my computer once and I wanted them back.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Not really, there another way to save the picture to your computer. All you have to do is click on the picture and then drag it to your background and it well automatic save it to your computer. I had to do this a couple times with my picture, because I delete them off my computer once and I wanted them back.
The gallery images are also links.. in my experience dragging a linked image will take you to visit the link ,rather than the image location.

Status
Not open for further replies.