Put your name in rep comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Hey all...

I think it would be great if people would put their name at the end of rep. comments... especially the good ones. It is hard to know the right person to thank and reciprocate too if there isn't a name attached to the rep. comment.

Thanks guys! (and gals)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I will respectfully disagree. I never sign rep, positive or negative. There should be no rep because of reciprocity. Rep because you think a post deserved it. That is all.

Reactions: Moo

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't know exactly where the posts are that say this but I've seen a lot of posts by Moo saying he'd prefer it not be done.

That said I have to admit I do it though.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
I do to.. I don't give out much rep, and when I do I always let the person it was me who gave to them. I also always give a good reason for it too. Just my thing..

Last edited:

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
It is hard to know the right person to thank and reciprocate too if there isn't a name attached to the rep. comment.
That it the exact reason I don't sign rep. I like to get rep because I've made a great post, and I don't like feeling like the only reason I'm getting rep is because I gave it to someone else.
I think that the quality of the rep comments you get is more important than the number of rep you get. And signing rep, in my opinion, causes you to get more rep for not so great reasons. I think it causes rep-prejudice, "Am I giving him this rep point because this is a good post, or is it because he gave me a point recently?".

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I sign most of my rep, especially good rep (I don't think I've ever given bad rep :-/). I do it so ppl know I liked their post. I don't want any rep back from that tho'...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I discourage people from signing their rep *unless* they're giving grey (neutral) rep.

That said, there is no rule against it, so you can do it if you want to.

I review all rep anyway, and if someone is getting rep they don't deserve (e.g. as thanks for repping someone else) then they're goign to lose it when the rep gets reviewed.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
It is hard to know the right person to thank and reciprocate too if there isn't a name attached to the rep.
I too feel that the whole idea of anonymous Repping gives you an instant urge to find out who they were. I mean, you want to thank them for their consideration of you. Its nice to know that you are kind of 'loved' in one way or another.

But I stopped signing my comments for the main reason already mentioned.

Role
Private
I sign the majority of my rep. There are a few times when I do wish to remain anonymous, depending on the comment I've made.

As for getting it, I have no preference if a person wants to sign it or not. (Hopefully) They gave me rep because the post was constructive and, conversely, I only give rep out if someone else's post was constructive.

F

FullMetal

I am going to stop signing reputation...I don't like getting hate mail >.> heh, I feel it is counter productive. Only because: If you sign your name on good reputation you have handed out, that person will want to return the favor sometimes, even when not deserved...and that can doubly be said for negative reputation, so I feel it is a bit 'unprofessional' in a certain sense.

FullMetal

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
the only time i leave rep points anonymous is when the person already knows i think they're awesome, so it'd be almost disappointing to know it comes from me. getting anonymous rep can be cool because it sort of feels like it comes from everyone! :D

there are plenty of people who post a lot of good stuff but no one ever really notices and they don't get rep for it. if they were to start giving out signed rep points, then other people might start looking for quality in their posts and repping them for legitemate reasons. that's another way to look at the whole idea of reciprocation. it's sort of idealistic to think that every "returned favor" is going to have an invalid reason and get deleted. maybe some of them will be totally legit.

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I sign it. Simply because, although we... well, Moo... has urged people to stop leaving pointless and unhelpful feedback in rep comments, it still happens. And by signing it, I know i'm clearing myself of being lumped into the category of one of the possible users who gives pointless feedback in a rep comment.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on many things. I can say I haven't been repped either way in response to my repping. Most people who know me at all can tell it is me anyway from my style... I explain fully, partly to ensure that rep I give isn't taken away...

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I usually (I think always, but I could have missed one) sign rep (good or bad) given by me. I think the person receiving the rep has the right to know where it's coming from. That said, I respect the Moo's right to not make it mandatory to sign rep.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I sign the rep I give when I think the person would like to know who gave them the rep, unless it's red rep since I'm scared of that reciprocity thing. xD

So I suggest we stick with the nameless rep to avoid rep wars.

cpndl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I personally like the nameless rep. (Small number that it is at this point) I like the feeling that someone appreciates what I have written just for the writing itself. I.E. the rep actually "belongs" to my post, not me. If the person has signed the rep, then I feel that it would be more directed toward me instead.

cpndl

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I personally never sign my rep good or bad because i don't feel they need to know it was me. Then theres the whole whether they mean it or not if they know i gave positive rep they'll be more tempted to give me + rep n vice versa.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I have, to this day, never signed my reputation. The reputation comment and the assigned (positive or negative) value is to speak for itself, which it often does (as I can tell by the threads in the Request forum after I have neg repped someone).
I do not wish to receive positive (or negative) reputation for having given someone else reputation on their posts. I want reputation for helpful, constructive, funny, insightful... posts, not for being friends with someone. That's just lead me to think I can be an asshole and still get positive reputation.
Giving out reputation because you like someone sounds too much like the Eurovision Song Contest (my apologies to all non-Europeans as you probably won't get the reference) - the whole contest is totally fake because countries who like one another give all their points to each other and don't give a rat's flip side if the song they (supposedly) give their points to is actually good.

Peachy

Role
Private
Thing is, I'm really not buying into this whole "signing rep allows people to rep each other, as friends, etc...."

I think that the whole "rep should only be given on the content of the post, not the user" argument has been hammered enough already. If anyone has any common sense about it (which a lot of people clearly do - as most of you have stated that you give rep solely on the premise of quality), then it doesn't matter if rep gets signed or not. You have just admitted that you are judging on the basis of what the user has said, not the user themselves. Reciprocally, that user receiving the rep will think likewise if they possess a similar train of thought.

It's why I sign my rep. Because I can. And because I trust people enough here to rep me back because of the quality of my post, not just because they like me.

Status
Not open for further replies.