Punished for being disabled.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Well, today I received my disapproval letter for SSI. ''Although your condition is severe, it is not of the severity required to receive disability benefits.'' Yeah, OK. I'm going to appeal, although I don't know how much good it's going to do me...
Oh Jeez. And the reality is almost certainly that "the severity required" is a moving target, always being adjusted to ensure that only X percent are approved, or that the total payout is Y. Hard to know whether the target is moving in a favorable direction or not, though, so keeping up with the appeals is probably what to do.

:-/

KimbaWolfNagihiko

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Oh Jeez. And the reality is almost certainly that "the severity required" is a moving target, always being adjusted to ensure that only X percent are approved, or that the total payout is Y. Hard to know whether the target is moving in a favorable direction or not, though, so keeping up with the appeals is probably what to do.

:-/
You can file your appeal online, so I've already done it. They give you a box to write why you disagree with their decision, so I put ''I disagree with the decision because based on my educational level, and social and emotional functioning, there are no jobs available to me that can accommodate my needs.'' Which is the truth. Show me a job in my community that is available to a high-school graduate which requires little to no human interaction and has a stable schedule, and I'd do it. But it just doesn't exist.

I'm really, really, REALLY not looking forward to my dad getting on my ass again about working, so at least I can buy myself some more time with an appeal. What I can't buy, however, is more money. That's a problem.

That, and I was really hoping to be able to get a Nintendo Switch. 😓

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Janitorial? They don't require human interaction and they are routine based. I think this is a perfect job for someone on the autism spectrum who is able bodied. I think any cleaning job requires very little social interaction. And you don't need a degree to clean. You can work part time or full time.