Pull-Ups: The other diaper love

DLSpunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Hello!

I remember Huggies Pull-Ups came on the market. I have been a DL all my life, and my mom would buy me diapers if I asked for them when I was as old as 9 or 10. And, then when Pull-Ups arrived, I couldn't wait to try them! Fast forward to present day, and I have found a few diapers that really take me back to when I first knew I loved wearing diapers, but I have yet to find a pull-up that recreates the initial bliss. Have you?

Thoughts?

You're on the air!

Reactions: Cottontail, 12srepaid and KrankyPants
When I outgrew the regular L/XL goodnites I bought the Target stores Up&Up brand adult pullups which were the best, economically priced and available adult pullups at the time that resembled pullups of my youth. They had leak guards, were plain white (so you can tell if you had an accident by looking down), had standing leak guards, padding all the way up, and got really squishy and held a ton! 🥰

I do not think they are the same colour anymore. I think they are grey now, at least thats how the package makes them appear on the website. I haven't purchased them in a year and a half.

Reactions: DLSpunky
For me it isn’t a feeling of initial bliss, as I was still wearing a Pull-up during the day, but I remember wearing a Little Swimmer at the beach when I was 3-4 years old. I remember going to the changing room with my mom and taking off my pink Pull-up and sliding on my Little Swimmer, and my mom putting one on my little sister as well. I remember putting on my swim suit and how my swim diaper poked out from it. I was at the age when I was aware of my need for a diaper and that other girls my age weren’t wearing them but also not really caring since I was just a kid. I remember that day very well! It evokes a deep emotion from me when I think about how simple life was and how I wasn’t worried about adult struggles, and all I cared about was playing in the sand & water with my brother and sister.

• Love
Reactions: wetnights, PNW509Little, DLSpunky and 2 others
hanbanan said:
For me it isn’t a feeling of initial bliss, as I was still wearing a Pull-up during the day, but I remember wearing a Little Swimmer at the beach when I was 3-4 years old. I remember going to the changing room with my mom and taking off my pink Pull-up and sliding on my Little Swimmer, and my mom putting one on my little sister as well. I remember putting on my swim suit and how my swim diaper poked out from it. I was at the age when I was aware of my need for a diaper and that other girls my age weren’t wearing them but also not really caring since I was just a kid. I remember that day very well! It evokes a deep emotion from me when I think about how simple life was and how I wasn’t worried about adult struggles, and all I cared about was playing in the sand & water with my brother and sister.
Awe! 🥲 Yeah, I often watch kids and wonder why more adults can't enjoy the simple things. If you spend time looking from a child's perspective a small space can grow very big! The amount of little animals that visit my little front yard makes me realize that when I just sit on the veranda.

• Love
Reactions: PNW509Little and DLSpunky
I love pull-ups, mainly because I have vivid memories of wearing and using when I was a kid and I tap into those memories when I regress. Pull-ups honestly make me feel more "little" than diapers.

Sadly, the adult pull-up market is pretty lacking; there's some pretty good ones from companies like Northshore and whatnot, but I'm one of many who long for the day when we can have a good AB/DL pull-up.

Reactions: chrischrischris and Chosen
DLSpunky said:
Hello!

I remember Huggies Pull-Ups came on the market. I have been a DL all my life, and my mom would buy me diapers if I asked for them when I was as old as 9 or 10. And, then when Pull-Ups arrived, I couldn't wait to try them! Fast forward to present day, and I have found a few diapers that really take me back to when I first knew I loved wearing diapers, but I have yet to find a pull-up that recreates the initial bliss. Have you?

Thoughts?

You're on the air!
That's pretty cool that your mom would buy diapers for you, even at that age.
Did she change your diapers too?

I like to wear Pull-ups Goodnites/Drynites.

Reactions: 12srepaid
Dutchone said:
I like to wear Pull-ups Goodnites/Drynites.
Same here. My "go to" pull-up. Of course, kids and teens take No #1 preference whenever I voice my views about Goodnites, or even Ninjamas. Not about us/me.

Reactions: blaincorrous
12srepaid said:
That's pretty cool that your mom would buy diapers for you, even at that age.
Did she change your diapers too?
yup

Well, I broke down, went and bought some Depend "pull-ups" for Men. I would have tried the Prevail pull-ups, but the store didn't have my size. I've just really been in the mood to wear Pull-Ups, but I'm convinced that the padding in the Huggies Pull-Ups was thicker (relatively speaking) and covered the entire length of the brief. If anyone can recommend something that comes close, let me know.

I remember feeling so jealous and almost desperate whenever a pull ups commercial would come on when I was a kid. I don't think I was ever put in them growing up which sucks. Goodnites xl have been amazing for me though

Oh man... I was 13 when Pull-Ups came out. Shortly before that, I'd begun sneaking to the store with my allowance and buying baby diapers, mostly Pampers. I'd never thought much about training pants of any kind, but the idea of a pull-on diaper amused me, so I grabbed a bag of Pull-Ups at my first opportunity. Knowing they weren't going to fit, I nonetheless tried to pull one on and--surprise! I got it all the way up without the sides breaking! I was shocked and delighted.

Unfortunately, I only got a few months of regular use in before I had another growth spurt. My Pull-Ups began breaking. The novelty was gone. :( Over the years that followed, I several times bought Pull-Ups, hoping the sides had gotten stretchier. They probably had, but my physique was so far from a toddler's at that point that it didn't matter, heh. Sigh...

Baby diapers were always my first choice, but while it lasted, it was really cool to be able to step right into something that said "Huggies" on it.

Last edited:
Goodnites always fascinated me. Mainly because they were like the first "diaper" in North America specifically aimed for older kids & teens.
Too bad they were not even thought of, when I was a kid & teen, and could have greatly benefited from them.

Last edited:
DLSpunky said:
I've just really been in the mood to wear Pull-Ups, but I'm convinced that the padding in the Huggies Pull-Ups was thicker (relatively speaking) and covered the entire length of the brief. If anyone can recommend something that comes close, let me know.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no adult equivalents to the construction of a toddler pull-up. Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I read that the design of padding running the full length of the brief is patented and therefore cannot be replicated? Hence why all adult pull-ups have padding only near the bottom. At least, that's what I've heard.

Last edited:
Cottontail said:
Oh man... I was 13 when Pull-Ups came out. Shortly before that, I'd begun sneaking to the store with my allowance and buying baby diapers, mostly Pampers. I'd never thought much about training pants of any kind, but the idea of a pull-on diaper amused me, so I grabbed a bag of Pull-Ups at my first opportunity. Knowing they weren't going to fit, I nonetheless tried to pull one on and--surprise! I got it all the way up without the sides breaking! I was shocked and delighted.

Unfortunately, I only got a few months of regular use in before I had another growth spurt. My Pull-Ups began breaking. The novelty was gone. :( Over the years that followed, I several times bought Pull-Ups, hoping the sides had gotten stretchier. They probably had, but my physique was so far from a toddler's at that point that it didn't matter, heh. Sigh...

Baby diapers were always my first choice, but while it lasted, it was really cool to be able to step right into something that said "Huggies" on it.
I concur. Huggies was always my go-to brand when I was a little kid.

DLSpunky said:
Well, I broke down, went and bought some Depend "pull-ups" for Men. I would have tried the Prevail pull-ups, but the store didn't have my size. I've just really been in the mood to wear Pull-Ups, but I'm convinced that the padding in the Huggies Pull-Ups was thicker (relatively speaking) and covered the entire length of the brief. If anyone can recommend something that comes close, let me know.
Kroger overnight adult underwear. They’re the best store brand pull-ups and they’re $8/pack. Very good value I think, way better than any other store brand underwear I’ve tried.

Back