• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Public experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfpup2008

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I just _have_ to share this experience with the folks here. I went shopping for groceries today, took one of my children along. I was wearing a diaper with plastic pants under regular clothes. At the grocery store my little one was restless and wanted to run around. So eventually I was dumb enough to let him, and sure enough he got creative and climbed up a display of individually wrapped sesame snack thingies. He managed to tip it over causing quite a bit of a mess. So I put him back in the shopping cart, and got down on my hands and knees to gather the spilled snacks to put them back in the display that I had righted back up. So far it was just an ordinary experience of parenting, I guess. But what came next was far from ordinary in my experience (although I think it should be, in some respects, but that's a long discussion...): a man came up to me, touched my arm to get my attention, and started speaking to me. In my flustered state of cleaning-up-the-mess-while-making-sure-my-child-is-safe-in-the-crowded-grocery-store-on-a-Saturday-afternoon it took me a moment to understand what he wanted from me. In short, he pointed out that my plastic pants had been showing, and he wanted to know whether I was wearing out of necessity or out of choice. Whew, I was really really taken by surprise, and at first didn't know what to say. I think I said something defensive like: "Isn't that an excessively personal question to ask a stranger?" But he was unfazed, very polite and maybe even a bit of a charmer. He quickly recovered the situation and said that in his case it was somewhere in between, so that either way I didn't need to be embarrassed. "I am wearing a diaper right now!" he exclaimed, and if I recall correctly, he added: "I just think it's cool and wanted to share that with you." Then he walked away.

I am still stunned. But then again I am reminded of other times when a stranger compliments me on a sleek suit I wear or some nifty shoes. But then again this is really quite different.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
That would really throw me off. I'm not sure what to think of that.

Oh well. Humans are a complicated species.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
Okay, pants sag at the wrong times. This is why adult Onesies in plain white are available.

Not only does the Onesies hold your diaper in the most effective position, because it is seamless in back your diaper top is always disguised.

Incontinence tip # 1

Good luck next time.

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I would have responded defensively too. If I saw someone's plastic pants showing I might tell them but I definately wouldn't ask them why they were wearing them. You're right, that's too personal.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Private
umm, well, in the maybe 5 occasions where i've seen someone in diapers other than me (children notwithsanding) i have always kept my mouth shut. personally, that guy should've waited until after the situation was over, or, better, offered to help. not, 'Are those diapers you are wearing?' in the middle of a crowded supermarket

wolfpup2008

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
In hindsight I think he must have been an AB/DL himself. That's the only explanation for a normal person to ask this kind of indiscreet question to a stranger.

On a personal level I am actually glad this happened because it taught me that I don't get shaken to the core when a stranger confronts me about wearing diapers. It's true that I was taken aback at first, but I didn't break out in a panic or feel totally embarrassed. I was more shocked about his brazenness than about "being discovered". And that's a good feeling for me. :)

Role
Diaper Lover
Wow thats crazy! Even if I saw someone wearing diapers I don't think I would ever go up and ask them that kind of question!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Let's see. When I first saw this thread, I though it would be one of those run of the mill "OMG I ALMOST GOT CAUGHT" stories. Then I saw that kids were involved, and the OP has a neg rep, and I though "Oh God, what now". Then I read it, and I thought "Uhm...Ok this is weird". This is really a random story, and I don't know if I really believe it.

thewiseguy7

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Let's see. When I first saw this thread, I though it would be one of those run of the mill "OMG I ALMOST GOT CAUGHT" stories. Then I saw that kids were involved, and the OP has a neg rep, and I though "Oh God, what now". Then I read it, and I thought "Uhm...Ok this is weird". This is really a random story, and I don't know if I really believe it.
Pojo: Sound kinda Deekerish to you?

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
In hindsight I think he must have been an AB/DL himself. That's the only explanation for a normal person to ask this kind of indiscreet question to a stranger.
Maybe, but whatever he is, he IS a creep. It was an incredibly personal question to ask, even if you did know him and it had been the first time he had noticed, as opposed to a complete stranger. I would have been incredibly put off by this and definetly would have reacted in a very defensive way.

When you add the fact you said he was a bit of a charmer, I say stay away.
Well away!

S

secretdl26

This sounds, to me at least, like someone interested in getting to know you in order to take advantage of you. The "charmer" personality and graciousness makes me think that there definitely something darker beneath his seemingly "harmless" intentions.

From the posts and attitude of those on ADISC I don't think any incontinent or DL person would be as rude/creepy as to question someone else's wearing in public.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I'm honestly surprised by the number of negative comments on the guy who approached wolfpup.

Yes, that guy has sure been quite blunt to come up with such a question towards someone he didn't know but, from the polite manners he used, it seems to me he was just someone who didn't want to miss the rare chance to connect to a fellow diaper wearer.

I don't see how I could automatically consider that guy a creepo who wanted to "take advantage" of wolfpup (who isn't a 12 y/o boy but a 42 y/o mature man who I suppose has the ability to defend himself in case of need).

For sure it'd have been an awkward moment for anyone who found himself in such a situation, but this is mainly due to the fact we're not used to discussing our fetish face-to-face, expecially with new people. In the end, as wolfpup said, it's something that doesn't sound as weird when referred to another less taboo item of clothing.

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
, Other, Private
Yeah, even if I were to come upon another non-baby diaper wearer, it's not like I'm going to rush up and call them out.

1. A little discretion is nice to begin with.
  2. Think of what that really makes you look like.
  3. This is the REAL world (with real people; different from the internet)
Sometimes we want to keep it a secret after all. Not only that, but can you imagine having to talk about this stuff with your kids in the shopping cart right there? I'd be unwilling too.

Maybe a wiki edit is in order....

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Maybe the "creepy" guy was an aspie so he didn't know it was socially inappropriate to approach the OP. I would have been too shy to do it but hey would the OP want his plastic pants sticking out for his kid to see or be informed they were sticking out so he can cover it?

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have aspergers and if I saw some stranger wearing diapers (who wasn't a baby) I'd probably be too embarassed to ask them about it.
I don't see how the person couldn't have known it was socially inappropriate to talk to the OP like that if he wore diapers himself.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
If that had been me one of these would have come out, Corri dont play that shit!

Status
Not open for further replies.