Proposal: An ABDL symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that sometime years ago the "secret sigh" was supposed to be a diaper pin attached in a conspicuous location on ones clothing.
Never did it myself, saw no point in it. But Hey ... If you must ...wear it as a tie tack or scarf slide.IMG_7131.JPG

Kymi said:
Well, maybe for children; who live with their parents.
Last time I checked this was an 18+ site.

Reactions: blaincorrous
When people are hounded out of their jobs their apartments their lives because someone finds out this about them… I would rather keep this completely private. Maybe in 100 years. But the ignorance of this even amongst healthcare and mental health professionals it’s profound. So if you personally want to advertise have at it, I would think the majority of us at this point other than these boards want to keep this pretty private.

Reactions: Lightstreak2553
Yea I think I would go two seprate ways two this.

Argument for yes I will support
I am sick of being discriminated against, backed in to a corner and called a weirdo simply for being myself.
If other people dont understand we need to teach them what the AB and DL Communities are and the diffrences between the two.
If other people are too scared to listen to what we are saying because of false perceptions, and what the media says says about us
than that is their problem, is does not give them any right to discriminate against us or stop us being ourselves.
From ths stand poit I think a Logo or Symbal would be a great idea to advertise the ABDL Comunities to the world and spread understanding and acceptance.
Argument for no Ithink its a bad Idea.
Ican just see everyone of the abdl community who wears the badge of ABDL pride being criminilised by the public and being froced in to either prisons or psych hospitals or being beat on walking down the streat. Just the same as what happend when the LGBT community stood up for their pride. Riots and everyone targiting us as some thing to be exterminated while we walk to the shop to get our milk.
From this stand point Iwould say no definitly a bad idea better to keep it private.

So yea im in between on this subject let me know what the decision is and i will support what ever is decided.

Reactions: tbjay, JOCKMAN and Lightstreak2553
I don't think we need one like others have said, but it would be nice if yall do make one to not overlap it with LGBTQ pride flags like that pink and blue one. These days more people will notice that then not with everything going on right now. People are becoming more intune to the different pride flags out there. Also LGBTQ and ABDL are completely different things and honestly it is a bit offensive when I see people on here trying to equate Being ABDL to being LGBTQ. Just saying

Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and isabella
boostergold said:
I don't think we need one like others have said, but it would be nice if yall do make one to not overlap it with LGBTQ pride flags like that pink and blue one. These days more people will notice that then not with everything going on right now. People are becoming more intune to the different pride flags out there. Also LGBTQ and ABDL are completely different things and honestly it is a bit offensive when I see people on here trying to equate Being ABDL to being LGBTQ. Just saying
boostergold said:
Absaloutly I not trying to say that there is an overlap between the two. I am highlighting that we as the abdl comunity should be aware that advertising with a badge our pride in our comunity as the other pride comunity did, could be dangourus and we could get hurt.
And i realy dont see anything similar either betwwen the two.

Last edited:
Take a deep breath, folks. Wearing a discreet ABDL badge or pin is not "forcing a fetish on the public." It is not going to result in people being sent to prisons or mental hospitals. It also isn't going to change society or promote tolerance in any significant way.

There is no point in debating whether there should be an ABDL symbol. That ship has sailed; there already are two ABDL symbols. If you don't like the designs, you're free to create and to promote another one. If you aren't interested in using a symbol, you don't have to.

If you want to promote social tolerance of ABDL, the most effective thing you can do is to speak up against all kinds of kink-shaming and prudery.

I agree with @boostergold that it's best not to draw analogies between LGBTQ identities and ABDL.

Reactions: Prillprillprill, ChrisK, tbjay and 3 others
yes I would also agree with @burdian that I agree with @boostergold thats its best not to draw anologies between the lgbt and ABDL communities and i also agree with bostergold that people should not be trying to equate between the two. If im giving that impreshion to anyone i apologise right now for everyone.
The ABDL community is compleatly seprate frome the other mentioned pride comunity and compleatly diffrent.
But i strongly stand by promotion of social tolerance of the AB community.
I see the AB community and the DL community as seperate as well if you wandering if you wandering why i only put AB.

Here lies the question: why do we need pride? Like I mentioned before, sexuality and sexual fetishes are two completely different things. And I’m sure other fetishes get their own part of disapproval.

• Love
Reactions: dous and boostergold
isabella said:
Here lies the question: why do we need pride? Like I mentioned before, sexuality and sexual fetishes are two completely different things. And I’m sure other fetishes get their own part of disapproval.
Isabella, I appreciate your comments, but I think what most people are getting at (acknowledging this is just my opinion) through pride flags 🏳️‍🌈for any type of thing, is acceptance. Please forgive me if I am totally getting this wrong, but let me share and example.

This being LGBTQ+ pride month, there are pride flags being flown in many locations that you would not normally see them. Even government buildings and towns and cities in many locations have rainbow flags and posters that are being flown as a recognition of acceptance of this particular group that has been historically discriminated against.

This is something that reflects the changing view of society. But more specifically, it is a recognition that there HAS been discrimination and there is a need to reduce or eliminate the discrimination and have a greater acceptance of others.

This in itself is not without controversy, as those who believe this is wrong and are against it, may see this effort as a promotion for it. But all in all, I believe that because of these kinds of efforts, that there is a much greater acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community. Hence, having some sort of emblem, flag, or badge in this example is something that has ultimately helped towards a greater acceptance.

This is different, I believe, than what often other emblems, flags, or badges represent in consideration of "pride". People have emblems and flags and badges for many things that they are proud of. I am proud when I wear my uniform in my own line of work. It gives meaning and significance to what I do and is easily recognized by others. I am proud of my mascot at my university for where I graduated and the colors and emblems are a rallying point in competition. Certainly the emblems and insignia are statements to others of my pride and support my alma matter. Similarly, wearing my John Deere shirt or even my cowboy hat shows my pride and tells people who may not know me that I am a cowboy and represents who I am, even before they get to know me.

But I think this second example of badges, emblems, or flags is a bit different than the first example of the LGBTQ+ rainbow flag and its current use during pride month and so forth. In my humble teddy bear observations, it seems to me that this pride and emblem, badges, flags etc. is more about creating an awareness and hoping for acceptance by being brave enough to let others know this is who you are.

I think that is what this really may be more about...

Rather than the pride of wearing your team's logo, it is about daring to share with others something that is not something that most ABDLs are NOT willing (or wanting) to shout out to the world that they part of. It isn't necessarily that we are proud of wearing diapers or acting on our adult baby desires. Rather, it is about creating awareness and hoping just for more acceptance and a reduction of the stigma and discrimination that certainly can happen if others find out we are ABDL.

As in my previous post, I do not currently think that we are at a point where a particular logo, badge, emblem, flag, etc. really is what is needed.

Perhaps that may come sometime in the future, but for now, things that might help recognize that it is okay to still have interests in childish or child-like things while being an adult help pave the way for perhaps more visible actual ABDL things. In my prior post, I shared some examples of hats, clothing, and logos that don't scream "I am ABDL", but that are certainly childish or babyish in nature. Having these become more common separates the seemingly wide distance between being an adult and a baby.

--Take for instance the footed pajamas... They are becoming quite popular, and found not just online, but in mainstream department stores. It was only a few years ago when this would not have been a product that was accepted, as footed PJs certainly screamed "baby" and been considered a novelty, not a common garment that is comfortable especially during the colder winter months.

Please forgive me everyone for diving so deeply in thought on this.

In summary, I believe the whole reason for even considering of an emblem, badge, icon, etc... that represents us, is more about allowing for a common recognition for folks within our own community, as well as promotion of an acceptance of our community over time.

Most ABDL's aren't exactly at the point of being "proud" of this interest and are going to be willing to wear a diaper pin on their lapel or as a hat pin, etc. But yet I propose that most of us do hope for a day when we don't have to fear of being discovered, or what our parents, children, or others will think of us if they know about this. Having a common awareness about ABDLism for society as a whole and a perception no different than folks who are diehard NASCAR fans with that interest.

Rather, we hope to be able to be who we are, without fear of retribution or the stigma that comes from being different.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: tbjay, lilstevie56, dogboy and 4 others
TeddyBearCowboy said:
Most ABDL's aren't exactly at the point of being "proud" of this interest and are going to be willing to wear a diaper pin on their lapel or as a hat pin, etc. But yet I propose that most of us do hope for a day when we don't have to fear of being discovered, or what our parents, children, or others will think of us if they know about this. Having a common awareness about ABDLism for society as a whole and a perception no different than folks who are diehard NASCAR fans with that interest.

Rather, we hope to be able to be who we are, without fear of retribution or the stigma that comes from being different.
DITTO

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
TeddyBearCowboy said:
Isabella, I appreciate your comments, but I think what most people are getting at (acknowledging this is just my opinion) through pride flags 🏳️‍🌈for any type of thing, is acceptance. Please forgive me if I am totally getting this wrong, but let me share and example.

This being LGBTQ+ pride month, there are pride flags being flown in many locations that you would not normally see them. Even government buildings and towns and cities in many locations have rainbow flags and posters that are being flown as a recognition of acceptance of this particular group that has been historically discriminated against.

This is something that reflects the changing view of society. But more specifically, it is a recognition that there HAS been discrimination and there is a need to reduce or eliminate the discrimination and have a greater acceptance of others.

This in itself is not without controversy, as those who believe this is wrong and are against it, may see this effort as a promotion for it. But all in all, I believe that because of these kinds of efforts, that there is a much greater acceptance of the LGBTQ+ community. Hence, having some sort of emblem, flag, or badge in this example is something that has ultimately helped towards a greater acceptance.

This is different, I believe, than what often other emblems, flags, or badges represent in consideration of "pride". People have emblems and flags and badges for many things that they are proud of. I am proud when I wear my uniform in my own line of work. It gives meaning and significance to what I do and is easily recognized by others. I am proud of my mascot at my university for where I graduated and the colors and emblems are a rallying point in competition. Certainly the emblems and insignia are statements to others of my pride and support my alma matter. Similarly, wearing my John Deere shirt or even my cowboy hat shows my pride and tells people who may not know me that I am a cowboy and represents who I am, even before they get to know me.

But I think this second example of badges, emblems, or flags is a bit different than the first example of the LGBTQ+ rainbow flag and its current use during pride month and so forth. In my humble teddy bear observations, it seems to me that this pride and emblem, badges, flags etc. is more about creating an awareness and hoping for acceptance by being brave enough to let others know this is who you are.

I think that is what this really may be more about...

Rather than the pride of wearing your team's logo, it is about daring to share with others something that is not something that most ABDLs are NOT willing (or wanting) to shout out to the world that they part of. It isn't necessarily that we are proud of wearing diapers or acting on our adult baby desires. Rather, it is about creating awareness and hoping just for more acceptance and a reduction of the stigma and discrimination that certainly can happen if others find out we are ABDL.

As in my previous post, I do not currently think that we are at a point where a particular logo, badge, emblem, flag, etc. really is what is needed.

Perhaps that may come sometime in the future, but for now, things that might help recognize that it is okay to still have interests in childish or child-like things while being an adult help pave the way for perhaps more visible actual ABDL things. In my prior post, I shared some examples of hats, clothing, and logos that don't scream "I am ABDL", but that are certainly childish or babyish in nature. Having these become more common separates the seemingly wide distance between being an adult and a baby.

--Take for instance the footed pajamas... They are becoming quite popular, and found not just online, but in mainstream department stores. It was only a few years ago when this would not have been a product that was accepted, as footed PJs certainly screamed "baby" and been considered a novelty, not a common garment that is comfortable especially during the colder winter months.

Please forgive me everyone for diving so deeply in thought on this.

In summary, I believe the whole reason for even considering of an emblem, badge, icon, etc... that represents us, is more about allowing for a common recognition for folks within our own community, as well as promotion of an acceptance of our community over time.

Beautifully written, clear, concise, well intentioned, and helpful. I agree in full. I have noticed that some younger (I am in my 70's) people are adopting more youthful fashion such as bib overalls, bright colors and cuteness. There is hope for acceptance. Acceptance comes from understanding, understanding comes from education/knowledge. Understanding begets self awareness and acceptance. I will take time though.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
Seasonedcitizen said:
Asking if someone was “padded” might be a problem if you are talking to a woman and she thinks you are asking if she wears falsies. (A joke)
🤭
Yes, women are okay with such politeness; in fact, I make a point of always asking a lady who's just exitted the toilets if she's had a nice poo 😁
(At least one thing goes down well 🤣)
🤪

Other than that (here follows not for mards and skrikers),
let's reclaim the swastika for National Infantilism!
animated-ballon-caption-smiley-image-0096.gif
Yes, o' but for an illegible meeting-time hastily scribbled on a scrap of paper, things could've much different:
Adolf Shitler would've attended the right meeting at the local pub; he wouldn't have then changed his name and rewrote his autobiography, Mein Dampf; and the streets would've been filled with Brown Pants ensuring that prudes were identified by badges with 'Prüde' stitched into them.
How different things could've been 🤔

One thing's for certain: the world turns.

Last edited:
The real issue is not the symbol, but the way the ABDL category is publicly portrayed. Those wishing to openly wear symbols (of any sort) are (usually) the worst specimens of their own category.

So, I would gladly take part to a sober, “normal” public ABDL meeting only if I were sure that the others attending would also keep a low profile.

Reactions: Lightstreak2553 and ThatGuyFromThatThread
TeddyBearCowboy said:
Rather, it is about creating awareness and hoping just for more acceptance and a reduction of the stigma and discrimination that certainly can happen if others find out we are ABDL.
People will always need a reason to accept suspicious behavior in others; that's just human nature. It won't work if the only reason we can come up with for gaining acceptance is that this behavior is harmless, because that assertion is patently false. Marriages have ended over this; careers have been destroyed; social reputations have been ruined. We could claim that all those problems are due to the ignorance of the general population, but that would just boomerang on us when they point out that we, too, are ignorant of any rational cause to explain why we are so compelled to engage in behavior that we know is socially unacceptable and could easily lead to the problems above. We need a plausible explanation for why we are the way we are if we want more acceptance from our society, and few people in our community can come up with one.

Reactions: ThatGuyFromThatThread
Budunker said:
I propose a symbol is chosen to represent the ABDL community. Something to wear as a badge. Though not everyone in the community would want to be involved in this venture I imagine, a symbol could be excellent as identification to other ABDLs. A symbol could also be used for the usual purposes. Flags, t-shirts, stickers, etc.
The safety pin was the logical symbol of choice. Unfortunately the safety pin is also a political symbol so it cannot be used. The ABDL symbol must be subtle and easy to apply. Something that could be worn on a shirt for example, that would not arouse suspicion from those that do not know the meaning of the emblem. My personal suggestion is the letter block. The letter block can be diversely used, and it is not particularly suspicious while still being connected to the ABDL community. I would love to hear your input on this idea so feel free to reply.
Maybe a symbol like that is too obvious. How about a gang sign or secret handshake? LOL

Reactions: ThatGuyFromThatThread
Drifter said:
People will always need a reason to accept suspicious behavior in others; that's just human nature. It won't work if the only reason we can come up with for gaining acceptance is that this behavior is harmless, because that assertion is patently false. Marriages have ended over this; careers have been destroyed; social reputations have been ruined. We could claim that all those problems are due to the ignorance of the general population, but that would just boomerang on us when they point out that we, too, are ignorant of any rational cause to explain why we are so compelled to engage in behavior that we know is socially unacceptable and could easily lead to the problems above. We need a plausible explanation for why we are the way we are if we want more acceptance from our society, and few people in our community can come up with one.
ABDL is not suspicious behavior. It is a safe, consensual kink.

If a social norm has no legitimate purpose, punishing people for violating the norm is unfair. Norms against safe, consensual kink serve no legitimate social purpose.

The norms around kink are changing. All of us have to make our own decisions about how to navigate changing norms. I support people who want to challenge bad norms. I support the new norm against kink-shaming.

Edit: Sometimes when a marriage ends "over ABDL," the real problem is bad communication about ABDL.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy and Lightstreak2553
Fiammaverde said:
The real issue is not the symbol, but the way the ABDL category is publicly portrayed. Those wishing to openly wear symbols (of any sort) are (usually) the worst specimens of their own category.

So, I would gladly take part to a sober, “normal” public ABDL meeting only if I were sure that the others attending would also keep a low profile.
I doubt I'd ever go to one but if I was forced to, the low-key one would have my preference over the one that drew attention from people who don't even want to know about this.

buridan said:
ABDL is not suspicious behavior. It is a safe, consensual kink.
Except that it's not really consensual most of the time, at least not on a long term basis. When it comes to persuading a reluctant partner, no doesn't mean no when it comes to ABDL behavior. It means keep trying until either the partner gives in, or the relationship ends. What makes it suspicious in the minds of people in general is the fact that a reasonable explanation is rarely offered for why there is such a powerful, life long attraction to behavior that would otherwise be unacceptably disgusting in an adult.
buridan said:
Sometimes when a marriage ends "over ABDL," the real problem is bad communication about ABDL.
Some people can't live with ABDL behavior, and some people can't live without it. Even if people come to understand the perfectly natural cause of ABDL desires, and understand that it isn't a mental illness of some sort, there will still be many people who won't tolerate it in a partner. They have as much right to feel that way as people more accepting of ABDL behavior have a right to feel the way they do. Deep feelings like these are often the result of the same natural process that combines genetic and environmental elements to embed these feelings into the subconscious mind at a very young age.

I believe the best we can hope for is enough social acceptance so that a person can disclose things like this early in a romantic relationship without being demonized by society.

Reactions: WillFord384
Drifter said:
Except that it's not really consensual most of the time, at least not on a long term basis. When it comes to persuading a reluctant partner, no doesn't mean no when it comes to ABDL behavior. It means keep trying until either the partner gives in, or the relationship ends. What makes it suspicious in the minds of people in general is the fact that a reasonable explanation is rarely offered for why there is such a powerful, life long attraction to behavior that would otherwise be unacceptably disgusting in an adult.

Some people can't live with ABDL behavior, and some people can't live without it. Even if people come to understand the perfectly natural cause of ABDL desires, and understand that it isn't a mental illness of some sort, there will still be many people who won't tolerate it in a partner. They have as much right to feel that way as people more accepting of ABDL behavior have a right to feel the way they do. Deep feelings like these are often the result of the same natural process that combines genetic and environmental elements to embed these feelings into the subconscious mind at a very young age.

I believe the best we can hope for is enough social acceptance so that a person can disclose things like this early in a romantic relationship without being demonized by society.
I think I understand what you were saying better now. It sounds as if we are living in different social worlds.

I'm a gay man, and I've spent my adult life in large, liberal cities. In my social world, there is a strong norm that kinks will be disclosed early in a romantic relationship. Disclosing a kink like ABDL comes with a risk of rejection, of course, and there is some risk of facing (I think misplaced) moral judgment from that person. (Judgmental gay people exist, though most of us know better.) But there isn't much risk of being "outed" as ABDL to the wider community, since there are strong norms of respecting privacy. There thus isn't much risk of being "demonized by society" (beyond the demonization all gay people experience).

I've been involved in the gay ABDL community for close to two decades. Relationships do break up because of incompatibility regarding ABDL. (It's happened to me.) Usually it happens early. I haven't heard many stories about a gay man disclosing a major kink several years into a relationship. I don't think I've ever heard about a gay ABDL man disclosing his ABDL-hood to his husband after getting married. If someone did that, I think the non-ABDL partner would be right to be angry. The justified complaint wouldn't be, "ABDL is wrong." (It isn't, obviously.) The justified complaint would be, "You kept a big secret," or "You didn't trust me," or "You tried to pull a bait and switch."

In my social world, ABDL is normally completely consensual. There is a strong norm of respecting limits. We do not form relationships with incompatible people and then spend years pressuring them to do things they consider hard limits. We do make compromises. All healthy relationships involve making compromises.

I'm sure that straight people and people living outside major urban areas face different pressures. I'm reluctant to give advice to people who live in very different social environments. But I do think there are two universally valid principles of sexual ethics. One is that it's wrong to pressure people to do sexual things they don't want to do. The other is that it's wrong to shame people for their sexual desires when those desires don't involve intrinsically harmful activities.

Reactions: longallsboy, Kymi, PaddedLittleParadise and 2 others
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back