Proper Fitting Of A Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I have purchased both medium and large from Bambino and wanted to get an opinion on what size I should order now.

I'm a waist size 38 and the mediums fit tight and cut into my legs which is slightly painful in the groin are due to my large butt. When I put the mediums on 1-2 tapes will stretch slightly. The top of the medium diaper rides at the same level or just slightly higher than normal underwear/tighty whities do. The large size can be taped easier and ride almost to my belly button. I am concerned that if I go with the large that they will sag when wet and cause a leak, I have used the mediums and never have had a problem with leaking.

What do you think?

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Lose 10 lbs. and the Mediums will fit like a glove. I was in your same position a few months ago, lost a little weight, and now Mediums of all sorts are beginning to fit me properly.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I've never had good diapers, just wagreens brand/baby diapers, so I'm not sure how valuable this is but I'm going to say it anyway. I've always gotten med/small because I'm very skinny. They fit just fine, but they always leak. There's nothing I can do to stop it. Normally I stand in my bathroom and let it leak on the tile floor then clean up, and after a while, the diaper wont leak tell the next wetting. Well, just today I accidentally bought a case of large diapers, and they're huge on me. BUT, it doesn't leak. I flooded my first one and it didn't even come close to leaking while normally it's a sure thing. My suggestion would be to go a size up and just tape it tighter.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
I'm 6'0 270 pounds and the mediums fit me like a glove...ever since I started going to the gym, though, they are much more glove-like. It's a consideration. Hell, you may not even lose weight at the gym. I know I haven't lost more than a couple pounds. But the inches you lose around your waist, legs and belly could make all the difference.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Just wanted to post an update to this thread. I need to exercise but thats work and I'm lazy.

I went ahead and purchased the large size and they fit me fine.

On last two mediums I had the plastic split in the rear and that was a pain, but I caught it early and luckily didn't have anything to clean up.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
I think you're taping them on too tightly. Also, try doing the bottom tapes a bit higher up.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
38" is well within the medium size range (32-44"). A large may be a bit big at 45-60".

I'm also thinking you may be taping them on a bit too tight. And if you're placing the bottom tapes very low, that will make them cut into your legs. I had the same problem with Bambinos; I was putting the bottom tapes too low and they were cutting into my legs. Red marks and all. Place the tapes up a bit and angle them upwards. Makes a nice seal but isn't so tight.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Seems to me that medium is the proper size for you.
I'm a size 38 and medium xplus and molicares fit me perfectly.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I wish that you guys had seen this thread earlier. I went ahead and bought a case of the large already after I didn't get any response to my original post. So I guess I'll use the larges until they run out and re- try the mediums.

After wetting the large with 1/2 gallon of water today they sag alot more than the mediums but I guess that's okay because there was no leakage that I was worried about might occur.

I'd say the biggest problem I had when putting the mediums on was that I had to pull the tapes tight so that they would land on the front plastic sheet not the outer flimsy shell.

Last edited:
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, having large isn't a total loss, but you'll probably need to wear a little bit differently.

Diapers need to be snug around the leg cuffs. The easiest way to pull this off will probably be to have the front of the diaper sit a little bit lower than the back of the diaper. That way the extra slack due to the bigger size can be absorbed by the back of the diaper when you pull the sides taught to tape up.

Make sure you tape the bottom tapes first, and then pull the top tapes around your hips and down on an angle to ensure a snug fit. What you should end up with is the both sets of tapes being angled down. This should prevent leakage and give you a better fit. Crappy diagram below.

Code:
    |    | ____        ____|    |
    |    |____|       |____|    |
    |   /                   \   |
    |__/                     \__|
       \                     /
        \                   /
         \                 /
          |_______________|

Normal

|     /\             /\     | 
    |    /\ \           / /\    |
    |   /  \ /          \/  \   | 
    |__/                     \__|
       \                     /
        \                   /
         \                 /
          |_______________|

Large

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Aha. Yeah your pulling them too tightly. I wear the top tapes on the zone, but the bottoms pretty much on the outer edge. I don't recall ripping the backing during wear, so no worries there.

NikonFilmPhotog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Aha. Yeah your pulling them too tightly. I wear the top tapes on the zone, but the bottoms pretty much on the outer edge. I don't recall ripping the backing during wear, so no worries there.

When you put the bottom tapes on the shell and not the plastic front how did you reposition them? When I tried that they pull the shell plastic with them.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
Yes, on the shell, not the 'zone'. Most diapers I wear don't even have tape zones.

I get the fit right every time, but that's from many many years of experience I guess.
If not worn tightly, the diaper doesn't stretch or get looser. So again.. no need of re-taping for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.