Programming Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
How many people here know a Programming Language? You know like PHP, Visual Basic, C#, C++, Java, C, etc.

I myself know C#, PHP, Visual Basic, and HTML.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Your topic seems to be quite dead, so I'll comment even though I don't truly know any programming languages.

I understand php and html, but I could never write it myself without something or someone helping me.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've studied C++ for last 3 years in High school, but never learned a lot.

Now, at uni, I've studied a bit of HTML.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Currently I'm working as a software engineer. So yeah, I know a few :p.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
C, C++, perl, a bit of VB6, as bit of sql, working on learning python

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
#include <iostream.h>

main()
{
cout << "Hello world!";
return 0;
}

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I've started learning C++, something to do over the summer. :p

I guess I almost half know html, just from using myspace :p.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
#include <iostream.h>

main()
{
cout << "Hello world!";
return 0;
}
That's code is almost 10 years old :p. We got rid of iostream.h when the standard was released in '98.

EDIT: Hope that didn't come off as mean, just thought I'd mention :p.

Last edited:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I know a little about C++ and BASIC. Can't say I've mastered either one.

paddedhawk

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
A little BASIC and HTML and i'll be learning a little (probably) C++ next semester

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I can understand most any language by comparing the code and the result. That's how I've learned to code events in a Cave Story level editor. :/

I can make HTML, JavaScript, QuickBasic and CASIO Calculator programs, although I could learn about any language easily with the right tools (read: through experience and examples).

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Python rocks. It's one of my favorites.
I was planning to learn that. I looked over it and it seemed pretty much similar to PHP to me. But I don't like the fact that its interpreted. But thats how things are going to be with languages that simple and easy.

I can understand most any language by comparing the code and the result. That's how I've learned to code events in a Cave Story level editor. :/
I have been the same too. However, its always better to learn how to do it from scratch and really understand what is happening. So you can go and make your own kick ass programs!

EDIT: Whoops!

As on another topic I touched on PHP and Python. But I am planning on doing C this summer. For C++, Bah, you don't know where you are at!

Craig

Est. Contributor
I know a few, I see alot of people know C/C#/C++ I have toggled in them but not much, I mainly know (x)HTML, JAVA, PHP, SQL and some ruby.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I don't know why people think HTML is a programming language: Hyper Text Makeup Language.

The stuff I know is a bit rusty to be honest so I'll be working the summer to get it back into shape:
BASIC MICRO and TI-Basic
PHP
SQL
VB
Wanting to learn Ajax and Python but I first want to get my PHP going smoothly again.

EDIT:(BTW I do know HTML/XML Transitional but like I said it isn't a programming language)

Last edited:

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Working on learning Blitz, a form of Basic.

I also know HTML and a little bit of Java and Flash ActionScript.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I was planning to learn that. I looked over it and it seemed pretty much similar to PHP to me. But I don't like the fact that its interpreted. But thats how things are going to be with languages that simple and easy.
Then you'll love the fact that it's (byte code) compiled, not interpreted :p. It can compile at runtime or precompile. See the py_compile module. It's still slower than languages like C, but that's to be expected. Once you get good, you can write code that is computation intensive in C, and interface with it in Python through the Python/C API. That way, you can have the speed advantages of C and the readability and general hardcore rockingness of python.

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
That's code is almost 10 years old :p. We got rid of iostream.h when the standard was released in '98.

EDIT: Hope that didn't come off as mean, just thought I'd mention :p.
No offense taken.

I actually just copy/pasted it from some random website. I do know C++ but I just didn't feel like writing it out myself lol

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I really need to learn a programming language because I plan on doing something with computers as a career(Not sure what yet, though), and it could help me land a job. I also happen to be the webmaster for my Boy Scout troop's website, and it would be a major help if I knew at least a little bit of HTML, that way I could stop e-mailing the former webmaster for help. I don't think it bothers him, but I feel kind of guily e-mailing him all the time when something goes wrong. There is something going on with one of the pages right now that I can't figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.