profile permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i have my profile set so that it can be viewed by "regulars +" as opposed to all registered users. but there's that little "who viewed my profile" link in the user control panel, and i notice that a lot of the people who viewed my profile are newbies.

i don't care all that much, but it makes me nervous that guests and search engines can see it too. are all the security settings working properly?

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
maybe the 'who visited my profile' works on hits, not on actual data shown? everyone can click your name, and maybe that's the trigger to add data to the who visited my profile thingy...

Role
Private
maybe the 'who visited my profile' works on hits, not on actual data shown? everyone can click your name, and maybe that's the trigger to add data to the who visited my profile thingy...
That's what I'm thinking.

I've set my profile to the same restriction as you avery and I have also noticed that a few newbies are in my "Who Viewed My Profile?" list.

Whilst they won't find much information in there anyway, I've also wondered if it's all working fine. Just in case a RL friend opts to search my username (which one has done before! God forbid...)

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I think profile views are recorded even if the person attempts to view it, but fails due to lack of permission. But feel free to grab a newbie and test this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.